You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlackAngelCom

Anything better for doubloons than Massachusetts?

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
968 posts
4,174 battles

With the coupon I can have enough doubloons for the ship after the London event. I already have Tirpitz, Scharn, T-61 and Warspite. Is there anything else to consider? 

[WPORT]
Members
7,149 posts
12,161 battles
15 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

With the coupon I can have enough doubloons for the ship after the London event. I already have Tirpitz, Scharn, T-61 and Warspite. Is there anything else to consider? 

Given what you already have in your port, Massachusetts makes total sense, unless you want to get Jean Bart before she's gone.
I have both and "Big Mamie" is more fun.  :-)

I also enjoy Mutsu in operations.

Your mileage may vary.  :-)

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,190 posts
10,547 battles
44 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

If you enjoy secondary build BBs Massachusetts is an excellent choice. She is widely considered to be one of the stronger tier 8 battleships and usually performs very well in tier 8 ranked.

I notice you have quite a few German premiums already. If you have experience playing and enjoy German cruisers, Prinz Eugen is also a very good choice at tier 8.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts

Mass is a great ship and a blast to play, it's actually been almost on par with the Jean Bart for the earnings I can make.  It's also a unique ship and, like Smolensk, requires a dedicated Captain to make the most out of her but it is so worth it.

For buying with Doubloons, I would go with Mass first.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,466 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, BlackAngelCom said:

Two tier 10 premium camos. I’ve been sitting on this fence for about half a year and still haven’t made up my mind. Rumor has it new dub ships should be coming, but judging by the unwillingness to sell op ships, i’m not sure they will be worth it.

of course the recent nerfs to tech tree ships/planned removal of the moskva makes me think permanent camos are worthless since there is no mitigating the risk they will nerf the ship for whose camo you paid dubloons.

[TNG-2]
Members
207 posts
14,678 battles

Massachusetts if s must have if you play BBs at tier 8.  You can go full secondary and it's a monster... if you don't like full secondary, you can go tank build with accuracy and it does very well because it's heals come up so fast.  In my mind, for random battles, Massachusetts at tier 8 is the best BB.  In competitive it's a different story, but for randoms, there isn't a more OP BB at tier 8.

0 posts

all of the t8 bbs are worth their weight in doublons. endless fun. Mass is perhaps the easiest and most versatile of them all, but Alabama, Kii, Tirp, Gascogne and Roma assure lots of flavours are ready and available. I find Vanguard a little boring to play, but it is a safe choice too. Kii is the most interesting (but not the easiest) of the bunch.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,171 posts
4,766 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

For buying with Doubloons, I would go with Mass first.

I did.  I won a JB but already had it so got Haunted Doubloons instead.  (They only appear during the Christmas full moon.)  Bought Mass with a 25% coopin and Hotlanta with a 20% coopin. 

[CDOH]
Members
646 posts
7,660 battles

West Virginia at tier 6 is So OP and broken.  406mm guns in tier 6 is like a turkey shoot.   It also tiers up well.  Its slow but the guns and spotter plane are really enjoyable.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,349 posts
16,251 battles
5 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

West Virginia at tier 6 is So OP and broken.  406mm guns in tier 6 is like a turkey shoot.  

Just out of interest, do you have Mutsu with which to draw comparisons?

I don't have WV and probably won't buy her, if only because I am done with slow American BB's and already have Texas if I want to revisit that. 

1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Kii is the most interesting (but not the easiest) of the bunch.

That's the premium Amagi with torps, isn't it?

[WORX]
Members
11,952 posts
19,486 battles

I say wait off on spending.. One thing WG knows how to do, they know how to destroy their game by adding OP gun ships...

I say get the Benjie..Its so OP, it makes the MASS look like a regular almost borderline inferior ship.

[CDOH]
Members
646 posts
7,660 battles

Mutsu is terrible in comparison to West Virginia.  Mutsu takes so much damage and guns are much less accurate.  The Wv guns can troll some games.  Overall the WV hits so damn hard. 

The Wv over matches most all cruisers in its tier.  You will not regret getting the West Virginia if you like American bbs.  I play it much more than Massa. 

Massa does not tier up well.  You can have monster games in Massa but Wv has more monster games at its tier.  If you get tiered up to 7 you don't really care. 

The other nice thing about the West Virginia is you can share captains with Monty, IOWA, or NC.  Massa needs its own captain.  The Massa captain needs 18points to get the build up and going.  The Massa captain can be shared with Georgia and possibly Ohio. 

Edited by Rothgar_57

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,581 battles

I would hold off on any American BB until the effects of the IFHE and fire chance changes are realized. Might be a big nerf.