You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_Hf93Jbjm9WjT

PSA - terrible teams are an opportunity

24 comments in this topic

Members
4,302 posts

To come top in your team while doing minimal dmg.

Honestly, I have been coming top 3 for the past week, while averaging 20 k dmg, in bbs. 

And even winning...

while terrible teams are a great time to CV, because CV influence on battle outcomes increases in proportion to how bad other players are.

An excellent time to farm krakens with minimal effort too.

So be thankful, your team mates are bad, they make you look good!

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
10 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

To come top in your team while doing minimal dmg.

Which, with $2.10, will get you a large double double....

I do agree with your premise though, if both teams are bad, and you're average, you get to be the one-eyed man in the land of the blind, which can be very fun and profitable.

• Cool 1

0 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

.. one-eyed..

you give me too much credit, 

all you need to do is to avoid doing anything too stupid such as causing self harm, sensible choices of targets such as dds (even if you only scratch them, PR value of dmg to a dd by a bb jacks you straight up the team ranking) with your secondaries (to further minimize effort and not require the usage of that one eye..)

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

you give me too much credit, 

all you need to do is to avoid doing anything too stupid such as causing self harm, sensible choices of targets such as dds (even if you only scratch them, PR value of dmg to a dd by a bb jacks you straight up the team ranking) with your secondaries (to further minimize effort and not require the usage of that one eye..)

I'm not so concerned about the team ranking, unless it's required for some sort of mission. (although usually a win is required in conjunction)

But it is a good opportunity for a soft carry, or at least some good damage farming.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

So be thankful, your team mates are bad, they make you look good!

How is it that everytime you post I feel compelled to click on that "Delete Account" icon?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

0 posts
25 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

How is it that everytime you post I feel compelled to click on that "Delete Account" icon?

giphy.gif

[ARGSY]
Members
22,351 posts
16,264 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

giphy.gif

:Smile_veryhappy:

3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

which can be very fun and profitable.

In credits at least. XP, not so much and Daily Chains (except the first two) not at all. 

[MRL]
Members
475 posts
3,245 battles

I don't mind terribad teams because lately its on both sides. If your good you can really increase your winrate right now because you have so much influence on the map. 

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,913 battles

it's true to an extent, but however terrible your or the enemy team is, they need to last longer than 5 mins. I've had teams so bad that I've barely made contact with enemy and shot maybe 3-4 salvos in my BB before either half of enemy team or my team is dead on other side of map and game is over. Where is the fun is that?

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

In credits at least. XP, not so much....

I dunno, I find I get more XP, win or lose, when I'm one of the better players on my team.

Members
3,887 posts
14,029 battles

I kind of view it that way. Avg players if they actually have learnt from their mistakes should be able to rise up. Unicums should be able to prey on large numbers of bad players. Doesnt really guarantee wins, but everything else should go up. 

It's sort of the old Baron Rothschild saying, "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets". When chaos reigns, the strong can take advantage of it. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
5 hours ago, LoveBote said:

giphy.gif

It's not your posts; it's living on the edge. Plus, that cat is hilarious.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Don't let your dreams be dreams. Just do it

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,721 battles

Sorry, but no. Terrible teams are a trial, not an opportunity. Gameplay sucks right now. Used to be able to routinely carry in 2-man divs, now I can't. Most days I quit after a couple of crappy losses in a row. Same today. 

Some days I miss my old Fubuki so much...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
2 minutes ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

Don't let your dreams be dreams. Just do it

"Don't dream it, be it." -- Frank-N-Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The above is sort of my mantra.

I've actually fulfilled most of my dreams and have done a lot of things. I've also obtained three degrees and three technical certificates along the way, working as I went so as not to accrue any debt.

My main problem now is that I've used up all of my dreams. There's nothing I've really wanted to do that I haven't already done and it's hard to get "worked up" about doing new things now. Of course, part of this is age. It's unfortunate that one does not retain the passion of youth into one's old age when you have the time and money to do pretty much anything you want.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
16,339 battles

You haven't fulfilled all of your dreams when you have WOWS and the WOWS forums into which to throw passion.

Why, it's the stuff dreams are made of.

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,594 battles
8 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Which, with $2.10, will get you a large double double....

I do agree with your premise though, if both teams are bad, and you're average, you get to be the one-eyed man in the land of the blind, which can be very fun and profitable.

To be honest, I think even a blind man with Davos Seaworth’s fingers could do better than some of the folks I’ve seen. Myself included on occasions.

Edited by JediMasterDraco
Goddamn spellcheck!

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Myself included on occasions.

Oh yes lol, I might resemble that remark!

[ARGSY]
Members
22,351 posts
16,264 battles
6 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Everything is all fun and games until the "and win" condition shows up. 

At least the permanent campaigns don't have time pressure when it comes to those tasks!

The Indianapolis Marathon was a massive stressball PITA, and I still don't know how I managed to complete it. WG learned its lesson there; they have never run such an event since. Even Rogue Wave and Puerto Rico were accumulative events; you could still advance even if your team derped on you.

But success on some Indy tasks could be thrown away by that one damned fool who was out for more damage...

[KIA-C]
Members
3,580 posts
15,792 battles

There are time I just want to play Super Cruiser or BB, but when all your DD suicide into the cap and all your cruiser are waiting behind an island waiting for something to happens, this is just a waste of time.

Even the few time I tried to play cruisers or DD, I didn't even had time to get into position that half my team lost to 2 ship and the main force of the ennemy team is pushing on the other side.

Not every battle can be won but I hate playing games where 12 vs 12 are actually 3 vs 21, and this is what is happening a lot currently.

Just gotta take a break while the shitshow is happening and come back later