You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stormbringer924

mid tier play is the way to go!

17 comments in this topic

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
134 posts
15,195 battles

With all the focus of WG on doing the high tier gimmick ship's, I have been able to re-discover how fun the tier 4 thru 7 ship's have become. With the type of play in the high tier's being unfulfilling and all together boring, I wanted to try to re-ignight the fun factor of WoW's. Turn's out that with the little tweek's WG did to german line and the lack of nerf's and buff's to most of the other line's, this has become a very competitive area to run your older jalopie's and have fun game's. Ship's have some unique capabilitie's, but they are not ubered out to the point of retardation. Also player's seem alittle more polite in chat than at the higher tier game's. I have had some good conversation's with newer player's about tip's and loadout's for several ship's. As well as several seal clubber's that seem to like the style of play vs. the potato farm that has become the high tier meta. Seem's when you can't hit anything over 18k away, you have a penchant to close with the enemy and duke it out. 

While I do participate in clan war's, I have found that the mid-tier ship's are the best and most fun way to enjoy the game and not turn into a screeching banshee over the cornacopia of crappp that has infested the high tier's.

I know my spelling suck's. LOL!

Just my 2 cent's worth. Hope to see you in the game!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
498 posts
14,202 battles

I like T7. I know Im not going to face the machinegun style fighting of the T10s. 

I have been playing a lot of T10s lately but Ive been trying to finish my Legendary Module missions. Down to the last one now.

Members
1,818 posts
27,082 battles

I make the best silver returns in my Tiers 5 and 7 premium boats - particularly my 5 Myokos.... and about any match in a Myoko is fun (win or lose).

Members
3,109 posts
12,427 battles

I noticed this really weird thing, players that do real bad at high tiers usually do better at mid tiers.  I wonder why that is :cap_yes:

[WOLFG]
Members
31,238 posts
9,606 battles

I prefer mid tiers myself, but I do like the T8s as well, so I deal with the T10 gameplay when necessary.

Although TBH, I've been playing a lot more high tiers than usual, and I don't find it too bad, how often I enjoy the game depends on how comfy the ship is. For example, Musashi is pretty hit or miss, because of it's low mobility and glacial turret traverse, totally unlike the Nagato or Amagi I'm comfortable with. Donskoi is ok, because it plays like the 3 ships before it, and I'm comfortable with it.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,232 posts
16,189 battles
6 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

about any match in a Myoko is fun (win or lose).

Yep. I hated that ship at the start; now she is one of my favourites.

So glad I could win a free premium version. 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,238 posts
9,606 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

I noticed this really weird thing, players that do real bad at high tiers usually do better at mid tiers.  I wonder why that is :cap_yes:

Mistakes are punished more heavily in high tiers, as well as suboptimal (as opposed to terrible) risk assessment.

Also in mid tiers, the gameplay allows more variation in playstyles. It's less often that you have to step out of your comfort zone, playstyle wise, to do reasonably well.

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,277 battles

Mid tier is the most fun you can have in this game...until you get into a double T8 CV match like today in my Blyska and it's just.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
335 posts
5,581 battles
32 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

Mid tier is the most fun you can have in this game...until you get into a double T8 CV match like today in my Blyska and it's just.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

I approve

[D4DDY]
Members
709 posts
28,958 battles

Mid Tiers 6-7 is generally a more enjoyable intense game for me. 

Tier 8-10 is where more beat downs take place, Completely unbalanced most the time when it comes to ships and skill levels. 

I really dont enjoy T10 play as much anymore since I end up playing Ranked Battles and Clan Battles in T10 also.

Edited by Filthy_Pelican

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,277 battles
37 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Mid Tiers 6-7 is generally a more enjoyable intense game for me. 

Tier 8-10 is where more beat downs take place, Completely unbalanced most the time when it comes to ships and skill levels. 

I really dont enjoy T10 play as much anymore since I end up playing Ranked Battles and Clan Battles in T10 also.

High tier is fun in its own way, my main gripe with it is the fact that WG is essentially forcing high tier on everyone, there's more to the game than just 3 tiers.

Be it making ranked T10 over and over again, i can understand CBs being T10 only, but ranked?

The other problem with high tier atm is the fact that the balance has been absolutely destroyed. The armor on many ships no longer matters due to the proliferation of 457 armed BBs, ships like Balensk effortlessly burning the world down with minimal effort required, don't even get me started on Kremlin. 

The proposed IFHE rework literally shafting some ships, while also greatly buffing some ships. Ships with larger caliber guns that can take advantage of IFHE just get shafted even more while ships that already used IFHE won't really care much cause of their insane DPM.

And to add insult to injury, WG just showed us with the proposed base stats for the new russian "light" cruisers that they are either blind or outright insane when it comes to balancing.

Regardless of what nation those magical imaginary cruisers might be from, the fact they even for a second CONSIDERED those stats at all, yeah, no.

[SALVO]
Members
25,804 posts
28,063 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Chances are that they dislike the high tier meta that requires patience, and are happier playing in the mid tiers where a fire and maneuver play style is more viable and more to their liking.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,804 posts
28,063 battles
3 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

High tier is fun in its own way, my main gripe with it is the fact that WG is essentially forcing high tier on everyone, there's more to the game than just 3 tiers.

Be it making ranked T10 over and over again, i can understand CBs being T10 only, but ranked?

The other problem with high tier atm is the fact that the balance has been absolutely destroyed. The armor on many ships no longer matters due to the proliferation of 457 armed BBs, ships like Balensk effortlessly burning the world down with minimal effort required, don't even get me started on Kremlin. 

The proposed IFHE rework literally shafting some ships, while also greatly buffing some ships. Ships with larger caliber guns that can take advantage of IFHE just get shafted even more while ships that already used IFHE won't really care much cause of their insane DPM.

And to add insult to injury, WG just showed us with the proposed base stats for the new russian "light" cruisers that they are either blind or outright insane when it comes to balancing.

Regardless of what nation those magical imaginary cruisers might be from, the fact they even for a second CONSIDERED those stats at all, yeah, no.

1. I agree with you on tier 10 ranked.  I would be vastly happier if Ranked was at some tier between 6 and 8, for the sake of game play variety.  It blows to have Clan Battles and Ranked battles both at tier 10.

2. I don't know that I can agree with you about high tier game balance having been destroyed, though I will say that I'm no fan of the Smolester having smoke.  At least with other HE spamming CLs at tier 10, they don't have smoke and have to either work the terrain or engage in fire and maneuver tactics.

[WOLFC]
Members
691 posts
26,304 battles
26 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

I second this opinion.

[WOLFC]
Members
691 posts
26,304 battles

The OP isn't the only player who enjoys the mid-tiers. Recently I've been playing all the ARP ships I earned in the recent Arpeggio of Blue Steel event and having a ball. Always fun getting a Close Quarters Expert in a Kongo clone.

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,277 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

2. I don't know that I can agree with you about high tier game balance having been destroyed, though I will say that I'm no fan of the Smolester having smoke.  At least with other HE spamming CLs at tier 10, they don't have smoke and have to either work the terrain or engage in fire and maneuver tactics.

Well, I wouldn't so much call it destroyed upon thinking about it again, i'd say it's just been HEAVILY skewed towards only certain types of gameplay and/or ships being viable.

The Smolester (christ how hadn't i thought of this) is just another symptom of the underlying mess that is WGs ungodly outlook on balance, and somehow the upcoming soviet "light" cruiser have thought up stats that make the balensk look balanced.

[SALVO]
Members
25,804 posts
28,063 battles
11 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

Well, I wouldn't so much call it destroyed upon thinking about it again, i'd say it's just been HEAVILY skewed towards only certain types of gameplay and/or ships being viable.

The Smolester (christ how hadn't i thought of this) is just another symptom of the underlying mess that is WGs ungodly outlook on balance, and somehow the upcoming soviet "light" cruiser have thought up stats that make the balensk look balanced.

And just remember, when a Smolensk is abusing you, it's "smolesting" you!  :cap_rambo: