You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EraserNZ1

Balance the teams

12 comments in this topic

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
346 posts
8,567 battles

The amount of short blowout games there is atm is so bad for the game. I have 3-4 in a row i just quit playing for the night. I don't rage at losing or anything like that but when the games over be4 it even starts its getting abit old and its happening all the time... to often to be random MM this is just my first game of the day in a new ship.... This game was over in 6 mins and was over be4 it started...

WTFMM.JPG

If MM tried to balance the teams with damage/winrates we might have alot better close games....

Members
3,354 posts
16,987 battles

WG has been fully aware of this for a long time. They have no intention of doing anything about this although as I've pointed out many times, it's an easy fix.

So why haven't they fixed it?  My only guess is that there is an existing underlying algorithm in the player MM. Something they won't admit. For years many have suspected that this algorithm has something to do with trying to lower the WR of players who are above 50%. Another rumor by several game developers is that the game is fixed to give players who spend $$$ a better experience. It could be a combination of both. Either way, something is going on.  The majority of battles are predetermined before the battle starts. 
The screenshot you posted above. Not long ago I lost 12 battles in a row. The Matchmaker  Monitor looked like your screenshot for 11/12 battles.  

Edited by STINKWEED_

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
346 posts
8,567 battles

Its just so odd, don't WG realize that if we had good close games more people would have fun and more people would play and they would make more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members
63 posts
19,478 battles

Here is the thing.  As a customer, you don't understand what algorithms are.  There are many variables to organizing a team.  Do you select it so that you get an even amount of BBs, CAs and DDs then distribute based on win rate?  What about divisions?  Where do you put them?  What ships do you put where?  What about ship tiers?  I listen to people say "fix this, do this" but fail to clearly lay out what algorithm they've developed for fixing the problem. 

With that said, I am a coder and understand this is a complex math problem.  I have attempted constructing an algorithm on how to evenly distribute ships and anything is much better than what WG is doing now. 

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
346 posts
8,567 battles
6 hours ago, CloudySix said:

Here is the thing.  As a customer, you don't understand what algorithms are.  There are many variables to organizing a team.  Do you select it so that you get an even amount of BBs, CAs and DDs then distribute based on win rate?  What about divisions?  Where do you put them?  What ships do you put where?  What about ship tiers?  I listen to people say "fix this, do this" but fail to clearly lay out what algorithm they've developed for fixing the problem. 

With that said, I am a coder and understand this is a complex math problem.  I have attempted constructing an algorithm on how to evenly distribute ships and anything is much better than what WG is doing now. 

I have a bachelors in computer science I have a decent understanding of programing

well it sure seems they can stack all the red people on one team and all the green or better on another team so that says to me they can even it out too.. i have had 10 games in a row stacked teams like this (i'm not always on the losing side but even winning in 5-6 mins sucks) having stacked games in a row is impossible if its meant to be random

Edited by EraserNZ1

[WORX]
Members
11,905 posts
19,455 battles

The teams are already "balanced." You have 12 guys for the red f;eet and 12 guys for the green fleet. Along with some minor rules like -/+2MM and how many CVs or BBs can be in a match.

Back in the good ol days, you would have lots of uneven matches with uneven tiers and uneven number of ships... I know one of the old timers can point out the old ways of getting a match together with a PIC of those times....

Today's MM, spoils the player.. Some people dont know how good today's MM is until, its messed up again... This time its not WG who messed it up, its the players who dont know better advocating bad changes.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
346 posts
8,567 battles
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The teams are already "balanced." You have 12 guys for the red f;eet and 12 guys for the green fleet. Along with some minor rules like -/+2MM and how many CVs or BBs can be in a match.

Back in the good ol days, you would have lots of uneven matches with uneven tiers and uneven number of ships... I know one of the old timers can point out the old ways of getting a match together with a PIC of those times....

Today's MM, spoils the player.. Some people dont know how good today's MM is until, its messed up again... This time its not WG who messed it up, its the players who dont know better advocating bad changes.

Today's MM, spoils the player.. Some people dont know how good today's MM is until

I have been playing since alpha i know how things have been..

The teams are already "balanced."

If you think stacking all the bad players on one team vs better players over and over and over is balanced and good for the game and fun i probably should not even respond to your post i guess

[WORX]
Members
11,905 posts
19,455 battles
2 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

If you think stacking all the bad players on one team vs better players over and over and over is balanced and good for the game and fun i probably should not even respond to your post i guess

Its "Random" game mode.. Which means, not every match will be as you stated...

AS far as I can tell, I can play 10 games tonight... In those ten games, everyone in the 24 match make up will be different then the last. (that is 230 RANDOM individuals)

Now if I play the same random 10 games in PTS, you'll see the same guy at least 3 times. He can be on my team or on the red team... So its still Random..

So, in the end.. If you can't handle Random individuals in Random play... Then Co-op is the place for you...

Now how those 230 individuals will end up playing ? that is out of MM control.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
346 posts
8,567 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its "Random" game mode.. Which means, not every match will be as you stated...

AS far as I can tell, I can play 10 games tonight... In those ten games, everyone in the 24 match make up will be different then the last. (that is 230 RANDOM individuals)

Now if I play the same random 10 games in PTS, you'll see the same guy at least 3 times. He can be on my team or on the red team... So its still Random..

So, in the end.. If you can't handle Random individuals in Random play... Then Co-op is the place for you...

Now how those 230 individuals will end up playing ? that is out of MM control.

Its NOT random if they are stacking teams thats the problem

If they are intentionally stacking teams to control win rates (I hope they are not) then maybe someone does not know about the experience the stacked matchmaking like the higher stat players might

[WORX]
Members
11,905 posts
19,455 battles
15 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Its NOT random if they are stacking teams thats the problem

What evidence do you have of this occurring consistently ???

Exactly none, zero, zip.

For your information... Regardless of server region, the population bracket of %45-%55 percent WR.... Is and has always been %90 of all population of players...

That means in my 10 games of Random match of 24 guys/girls I'll have today... 20 of them in each of those will must likely have a %45 to %55WR...

Will I see a %56 WR or below %44 WR ? Rare...

In other words... I dont know where your distorted thinking is coming from... But math is law, and you can change it without DRASTICALLY changing the Game mode.

Edited by Navalpride33

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
346 posts
8,567 battles
31 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What evidence do you have of this occurring consistently ???

Exactly none, zero, zip.

For your information... Regardless of server region, the population bracket of %45-%55 percent WR.... Is and has always been %90 of all population of players...

That means in my 10 games of Random match of 24 guys/girls I'll have today... 20 of them in each of those will must likely have a %45 to %55WR...

Will I see a %56 WR or below %44 WR ? Rare...

In other words... I dont know where your distorted thinking is coming from... But math is law, and you can change it without DRASTICALLY changing the Game mode.

do i take screen shots every time i go on these massive losing streaks because the teams are stacked no i don't, just like you have no evidence that the MM is random and teams do not get stacked.... i'm just getting tired of losing ten games in row because all my teammates are red staters vs good players... its not fun when the games over be4 it starts do you not get that? look at my screen shot... that games over be4 you even start the match if you had 10 games in a row like that would you be happy?

But math is law,

if you look at the screen shot its avg 37% winrate team vs 54% winrate team hence its not balanced.

without DRASTICALLY changing the Game mode

Bulls%$t all that is needed is not putting all the good players on one team

this is the player suggestion section of the forum and i was giving mine, anyway i'm not replying to you anymore i don't think your driveway meets your house gl hf.

Edited by EraserNZ1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
11,905 posts
19,455 battles
3 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

do i take screen shots every time i go on these massive losing streaks because the teams are stacked no i don't, just like you have no evidence that the MM is random and teams do not get stacked....

I dont have to... Its math, its statistics of probability of a population...

You have a population of players of %45 to %55 bracket representing the Statistical %90 percentile.

Since its "Random" you will not see that person in the same battle (except for PTS random games).

If you dont believe in math as being law.. Then dont use it to mislead or misinform or even, to push a false narrative..