You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thirsty13_CCW

Stealth Radar

10 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
224 posts

Some time back WG nerfed several USN cruisers because they had the ability to stealth radar. I.E. with a full stealth build their detectability was less than their Radar range. Meaning by the time the DD first spotted them they were already in Radar range. I think this may have also impacted other ships but my memory is a bit fuzzy on the complete list. Point being that WG clearly said that stealth radar was bad for the game so the nerf bat got swung.

But now we have the Russian Cruiser split coming and based on stats that have been released many of these ships will be capable of stealth radar. And not just by a small margin but by 2km or more.

So I'd like to ask WG @Radar_X @FemennenIy what has changed? Yes we know the stats are preliminary but the fact remains that WG swung the nerf bat to kill this off and now proposes to gift it to multiple Russian cruisers..

I'd also take this opportunity to point out that continuing to roll out nonsensical paper ships (Ahhem cough cough like SMOLENSK and Kleber) isn't really helping the game. While things that would make it more interesting like new game modes (Ahemm cough cough ARMS RACE) are being ignored and or new operations to suggest another. Then we have ships that actually existed and have been highly requested (WV44, Italian BB"s etc etc) which continue to be ignored.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,576 battles

Yeah I am no fan of stealth radar but have kind of learned to deal with it.  By deal with it, I mean give those ships like the chappy some distance.  Islands can be used to good effect too, but you can still be hit from other angles.  Of course the Russian radar have the distance, but the Americans have the duration.

I did like the radar delay changes for allied ships, but it still problematic at least for me to see through islands.  

I continue to feel dirty by using radar to kill an enemy DD lol.  

Members
40 posts

Italian BBs hell yes, considering most of Russia post war designs. Where based off the boats they where given from the Italian navy.

As for the paper ships, yes it is getting bad. Stealth radar is a bad choice, along with changes to DD going to 2 DDs per side in a tier 10 match. Yet no limit on radar cruisers. That is just stupid . Now your dds are going to sit back and launch long range torps  to avoid Radar and stay close to AA boats. cause of CV.

These changes are not good for the game. Less DDs will see the game go back to long range sniping . {More camping weekend play 24/7}

I just can not see any positives coming out of the next few patches..

P.S British CA lol  ....

[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
11 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

I continue to feel dirty by using radar to kill an enemy DD lol.  

I don't, because I'm not very good with it.

Usually, if I kill a DD using radar, it's because he's sitting still in smoke, oblivious of the fact that he's visible, despite the yellow radar dish appearing in the middle of his screen lol.

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
35 minutes ago, Thirsty13_CCW said:

But now we have the Russian Cruiser split coming and based on stats that have been released many of these ships will be capable of stealth radar. And not just by a small margin but by 2km or more.

So I'd like to ask WG @Radar_X @FemennenIy what has changed? Yes we know the stats are preliminary but the fact remains that WG swung the nerf bat to kill this off and now proposes to gift it to multiple Russian cruisers..

nothing has changed. those are glorious soviet ships. its completely fine. just like smolensk is fine according to famous spreadsheets(!) 

but hey, there is no russian bias, right? 

• Cool 1

Members
729 posts
10,104 battles
36 minutes ago, Thirsty13_CCW said:

Point being that WG clearly said that stealth radar was bad for the game so the nerf bat got swung.

This is an interesting interpretation, considering that a few patches after the Worcester nerf WG buffed the Edinburgh and Baltimore by giving them stealth radar.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Honestly you can do this mad lib style.

They nerfed (Ship Type) because (game mechanic) was overpowered, but then they gave it to (Russian ship type). 

I'll go first.

They nerfed (British Cruisers) because (Smoke + Cruiser HE) was overpowered, but then they gave it to (Smolensk and the other upcoming Russian CLs).

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
2,564 posts
13,829 battles
59 minutes ago, Thirsty13_CCW said:

Fem doesn't work at WG anymore.

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles

So Chapayev is INSANELY OP because it has stealth radar? Interesting that we never see complaints about chappy power. Either way I hope stealth radar doesnt make it in with these new ships of course, but its so early that they could just entirely redo the whole line