You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree

39 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles

The Road to Moskva: unlocked the Chapayev B hull, 24K beyond it toward the Donskoi. Current goal is to try to get the Donskoi before the end of the current patch, then put as much as possible on it before the Russian cruiser line split.  After that, Chappy and Donskoi can rot in port for all I care until I need their snowflakes, and possibly the Shchors as well. 

Yamamoto: 432K Captain XP to go before he becomes my FIFTH 19 pointer. At about 10K a day, accumulated either with him or as ECXP, this - like Thanos - is inevitable. Then it's Fishy Captain's turn in the Bismarck.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yamamoto: 432K Captain XP to go before he becomes my FIFTH 19 pointer. At about 10K a day, accumulated either with him or as ECXP, this - like Thanos - is inevitable. Then it's Fishy Captain's turn in the Bismarck.

It's amazing how quickly elite captains are generated once you get your first. What a great idea the devs had with that.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
50 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It's amazing how quickly elite captains are generated once you get your first. What a great idea the devs had with that.

Having at least two (and sometimes more) special events with 19 point loaners every year doesn't hurt either. I wasn't around for the previous system, but my reading indicates that the work to get a 19 pointer was truly impressive - and with no transferable ECXP either. 

We rag on them for a lot of things, but there's so much else they do that makes the playerbase's life so much easier which goes unrecognised. I can think of three major changes that have been to the lasting good - coal (and all you can buy with it), directives (making events and winning stuff co-op friendly), and the restructuring to captain XP and the skill tree (no more five-point skills).  Shutting T4 out of events, not so much (oh my poor neglected Ishizuchi). We shall agree to disagree as required about the CV rework; I know some people hate it, but I would never have ground my way to T8 in all the lines without it (and yes, I did drive RTS carriers for a short while and I know what they were like).

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We rag on them for a lot of things, but there's so much else they do that makes the playerbase's life so much easier which goes unrecognised. I can think of three major changes that have been to the lasting good - coal (and all you can buy with it), directives (making events and winning stuff co-op friendly), and the restructuring to captain XP and the skill tree (no more five-point skills).  

Quite true.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles

Saw my almost 2week sub 40% streak seem to end with a nice 50% wr from Fri\Sat. 

Picked up a few wins in CBs 

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

I edged closer to getting Halsey by picking up a couple more stars in the last stage. A friend who doesn't play much joined me last night & we played all mid tier battles. But It was far more enjoyable than grinding for Halsey.

I picked up the Zara. Only ran a few coops with her. I also bought the Kirov back for the Russian cruiser split. Plus I started rebuilding the ship xp on the Shchors. Narai would be very nice to have active at this time.

The only British heavy I have is the Hawkins & I'm not impressed. And I find what can be purchased with the tokens in part 2 of this event lacking. This has placed me in the MEH mood about this line of ships & the event itself.

I did use up all the valentine camos.

I'm perplexed about where I spent 500 doubloons over the weekend. But I was on very late one night so there is no telling what I did.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

I hate this thread. Every week, there it is - rotting like a washed up fish carcass. 

You know what I did this weekend? Not WoWs. And it was a damned fulfilling "spree."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
4,780 posts
21,093 battles

Let's see.  My grandson decided to start playing wows blitz........at less than 10.  And, other than that, really ignore WoWs as much as I could because there just isn't anything to do once the directives are done>?  I don't have to grind to get the Moskva: I'll just use FXP and be done with that savings exploit.  Who needs more 19 point CPT's???   To do what?   I have I think 16 or so now and I just don't see the utility of them....  So, the second burst of this CA event is on and I'll work through that and again, not have anything to do the next weekend....  Too cold to shoot that is for sure !!!  I did go back and play what is left of MWO for a couple of hours and miss that game's demise sorely......

And, it seems, the invasion of Random players is at an all time high because there were three losses in COOP these past three days because BB's were hiding behind Islands, trying to snipe and even at 5-2 odds/ships, managed to get defeated at long range with the BOTs.....  Now, I'm forced to not be aggressive because our visitors from the "real game" as I've been told more than 100 times can't seem to be able to hit or kill bots....  And, we wonder why so many are bored and leaving.

I'm not yet, but I've just can't see where this game is going........nor, can the rest of the clan; and, after all, everyone else from other games I know are actually gone now....sigh.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles

All three days pretty limited due to RL (House was just painted, so I had to rehang everything).

Slow played the 65K xp and finished on Saturday. 

Saturday was either instagibbing the enemy (full teams, location of bot push decided who got the XP), or the "special" pink players (those torping from behind their teammates and complaining everyone is blocking their shots).

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,673 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Road to Moskva: unlocked the Chapayev B hull, 24K beyond it toward the Donskoi. Current goal is to try to get the Donskoi before the end of the current patch, then put as much as possible on it before the Russian cruiser line split.  After that, Chappy and Donskoi can rot in port for all I care until I need their snowflakes, and possibly the Shchors as well. 

I played a lot of games. My girlfriend went to her parents' house for a funeral and to help plan her sister's wedding. I couldn't go, because I had time with my kids simultaneously, so other than that, I literally only did enough WOWS for my daily combat missions and crates, then played a lot of Wasteland 2. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
31 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

All three days pretty limited due to RL (House was just painted, so I had to rehang everything).

Slow played the 65K xp and finished on Saturday. 

Saturday was either instagibbing the enemy (full teams, location of bot push decided who got the XP), or the "special" pink players (those torping from behind their teammates and complaining everyone is blocking their shots).

That real life does get in the way sometimes.

Yes, I'm joking. We went out for dinner with our kids. We see our daughter almost daily but our son & his wife we see about twice a month so we enjoyed the time together.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

I hate this thread. Every week, there it is - rotting like a washed up fish carcass. 

You know what I did this weekend? Not WoWs. And it was a damned fulfilling "spree."

You are free to ignore it.

You are also free to keep your unconstructive comments out of it. 

53 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Who needs more 19 point CPT's???   To do what?   I have I think 16 or so now

When I have that many, I will probably be as jaded as you (and have more ECXP than I know what to do with). For now, though... it's onward and upward for me. 

55 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I'm not yet, but I've just can't see where this game is going...

And yet I look at it and see so much still to do!  Oh well, such are individual differences. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You are free to ignore it.

You are also free to keep your unconstructive comments out of it. 

tumblr_pwkwob6Dhm1qb5qxmo4_250.gifv

Also free to keep the critical comments - which you don't like, but I am perfectly justified in making, since this thread is little more than spam intended to assuage your ego - in it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,812 posts
15,397 battles

Saturday, went skiing so only some Sunday play.

I reset the RN DD line and am grinding the RN CA line from Albemarle and also playing Devonshire just to see how bad it is (had Surrey from a crate). 

Albemarle is a sad grind with no remarkable events, aside from a remarkable propensity to eat citadels from every angle, ship and distance imaginable. Devonshire is meh, getting perma spotted by one of two red carriers made me simply quit for the night. 

Jervis remains a decent ship but some games didn't really pan out. 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Also free to keep the critical comments - which you don't like, but I am perfectly justified in making, since this thread is little more than spam intended to assuage your ego - in it.

I took it over from @Reymu because others were using it as well and I didn't want to see it die.

If you didn't play the game AT ALL over the weekend, you have NOTHING to contribute here. Feel free to start your own thread about all the other things you got up to. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,805 battles
2 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

tumblr_pwkwob6Dhm1qb5qxmo4_250.gifv

Omg … hilarious and so on point :)

[H_]
Members
750 posts
12,243 battles

Let's see.. bought back the Kirov..  Finally got to the Montana! and i really like that ship so far.. Took it out in Coop just to get a feel for her and i was impressed.  

Played a mix of random, coop and the operation over the weekend.  Lot's of blowouts, had a 5 game win streak followed by a 5 game losing streak- end of night.. Did have one really close game. 

Must admit i am getting a tad bored with the game. - still looking at other FPS.. not sure i want to pull the trigger on COD..  arrg.. may just get back into uspsa shooting and take up my time reloading.. LOL.. may actually win something now i'm into the Sr. realm of things  LOL.. 

So what does everyone think of the "new map"  Northern Waters right?   Frankly looks pretty much like all the other maps.. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,805 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Let's see.  My grandson decided to start playing wows blitz........at less than 10.  And, other than that, really ignore WoWs as much as I could because there just isn't anything to do once the directives are done>?  I don't have to grind to get the Moskva: I'll just use FXP and be done with that savings exploit.  Who needs more 19 point CPT's???   To do what?   I have I think 16 or so now and I just don't see the utility of them....  So, the second burst of this CA event is on and I'll work through that and again, not have anything to do the next weekend....  Too cold to shoot that is for sure !!!  I did go back and play what is left of MWO for a couple of hours and miss that game's demise sorely......

And, it seems, the invasion of Random players is at an all time high because there were three losses in COOP these past three days because BB's were hiding behind Islands, trying to snipe and even at 5-2 odds/ships, managed to get defeated at long range with the BOTs.....  Now, I'm forced to not be aggressive because our visitors from the "real game" as I've been told more than 100 times can't seem to be able to hit or kill bots....  And, we wonder why so many are bored and leaving.

I'm not yet, but I've just can't see where this game is going........nor, can the rest of the clan; and, after all, everyone else from other games I know are actually gone now....sigh.

Yeah, real life vs weekend fubar - it's a tough decision … 

For hunting, I recommend mittens with sleeves on the end to pull back for when you need the trigger finger 

I don't do a lot of shooting, but in the snow I see tracks tracks everywhere :)

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

… 

If you didn't play the game AT ALL over the weekend, you have NOTHING to contribute here. Feel free to start your own thread about all the other things you got up to. 

For some of us it's a trade between the necessities/pleasures of real life and the value that WG has to offer in the form of arcade pixels … 

If you only live in a box, I suppose there are no other considerations :)

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
7 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

arrg.. may just get back into uspsa shooting and take up my time reloading..

I'm SLOWLY inching my foot in the door of being allowed to reload inside the house when the weather's too cold to be in the shed.  Bless you, Richard Lee, for giving us a way to do it without needing to mount a press to the counter-top.

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,673 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm SLOWLY inching my foot in the door of being allowed to reload inside the house when the weather's too cold to be in the shed.  Bless you, Richard Lee, for giving us a way to do it without needing to mount a press to the counter-top.

Lee single-stage?

[PVE]
Members
4,780 posts
21,093 battles
57 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

Let's see.. bought back the Kirov..  Finally got to the Montana! and i really like that ship so far.. Took it out in Coop just to get a feel for her and i was impressed.  

Played a mix of random, coop and the operation over the weekend.  Lot's of blowouts, had a 5 game win streak followed by a 5 game losing streak- end of night.. Did have one really close game. 

Must admit i am getting a tad bored with the game. - still looking at other FPS.. not sure i want to pull the trigger on COD..  arrg.. may just get back into uspsa shooting and take up my time reloading.. LOL.. may actually win something now i'm into the Sr. realm of things  LOL.. 

So what does everyone think of the "new map"  Northern Waters right?   Frankly looks pretty much like all the other maps..

It's a map Mousekiller....!    Steel Challenge too@!!!    Been telling you that for...............duh......quite a while.  God knows I hate them "little bullets" but, I hope, you get out there again: you are really good.   And, that 32-w has your name on it anyway....

I'm ready for COD because I can't take the discussions about Quasar mathematics while playing this game anymore !  And, you-know-who and Mom are playing Blitz with the intent of getting "GuD;" and, wandering into a clan I can not name.......  Heard that this AM......  Look, you started this!,  and now, we'll have a Rocket Scientist to deal with.  Sigh..........:Smile_facepalm:

I won't uninstall and we should gracefully retire to our respective ranges and play that other game.  Even, if just for a while.

51 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No press??  Oh come on now, if you want to play with the "big boys", well, you'll need to ante up to play !  Aim small, miss small actually means something; and, a precision press with precision dies make that easier !  And, they are cheaper than a Premium Ship in the Store !  it will last longer than this game will?  My original press is 40 years old....

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

a precision press with precision dies make that easier ! 

I'm not in that league.

I have a couple of presses - an RCBS Partner and a Lee 4-hole turret - but if I try to clamp them to the kitchen counter-top, I suspect I will probably be the first person in history to die from the ammunition assembly machine being driven through my head instead of an actual bullet. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[H_]
Members
750 posts
12,243 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have a couple of presses - an RCBS Partner and a Lee 4-hole turret - but if I try to clamp them to the kitchen counter-top, I suspect I will probably be the first person in history to die from the ammunition assembly machine being driven through my head instead of an actual bullet. :Smile_veryhappy:

Yeah funny how Wives get about that stuff !  LOL..  I was fortunate enough that after the oldest went into the Army i stole the bedroom and that is where i setup the press, Dillon.. 

Yeah have to look back into the steel challenge matches those were a lot of fun, specially with a 22.  

Wasn't sure there for a bit if they would be able to continue the matches here in VA.. with that bill getting defeated this time at least they can shoot this year.. really do miss it. 

36 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

i'm ready for COD because I can't take the discussions about Quasar mathematics while playing this game anymore !  And, you-know-who and Mom are playing Blitz with the intent of getting "GuD;" and, wandering into a clan I can not name.......  Heard that this AM......  Look, you started this!,  and now, we'll have a Rocket Scientist to deal with.  Sigh..........:Smile_facepalm:

Really !..  LOL  oh crap..  Well i must say it was an interesting conversation from an 8 year old.. 

Reading good and bad things about COD -  actually watched a lot of video on it, and yeah it's updated but seems like the campaign is not to much different then the original.  Don't know about the MP stuff lot's of complaints about spawn camping and static game play. 

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm not in that league.

Well. as long as it's straight wall cases, there is always the Lee Hand Press. Don't recommend trying bottleneck cases with it unless you are working on the arm muscles.

Members
3,877 posts
13,993 battles

Forgot my mouse at home, couldnt play mobile. 

Working on the RN cruisers otherwise. Mostly meh so far. They arent really bad, just unexciting/interesting to me.