You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TriHard_DodgeDealership

its actually sad how bad italian cruisers are

54 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,450 posts
21,484 battles
38 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

when you crunch the numbers this by far has to be the worst cruiser line in the entire game. even german cruisers are at least GOOD later in the line. which line of cruisers is worse? tell me

If you dont shoot dds of course it sucks. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
133 posts
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

If you dont shoot dds of course it sucks. 

how are you supposed to shoot dds when they have no radar or hydro and when they try to get close enough to a cap to get ready to shoot a dd they get blapped because of their huge citadels and trash armor

these things are about as good of dd hunters as yamato is which is to say not good at all

• Cool 2

[1984]
Members
4,450 posts
21,484 battles
On 2/17/2020 at 12:16 AM, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

how are you supposed to shoot dds when they have no radar or hydro and when they try to get close enough to a cap to get ready to shoot a dd they get blapped because of their huge citadels and trash armor

these things are about as good of dd hunters as yamato is which is to say not good at all

when your dd spots their dds, shoot them. If you keep desperately trying to sap bbs until the spotted dds disapear that’s on you. One salvo from italian ca is sufficient to take anywhere from half hp to dev striking a dd.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles

Feel free to keep thinking they're crap then. I'll just keep taking out the Venezia whenever a mission needs me to get citadels since it can outright DELETE other cruisers with that 15-gun broadside.

• Cool 4

[UNC]
Members
852 posts
6,196 battles

The earlier parts of the line are meh, but Amalfi is good, Brindisi is very good, and Venezia is excellent and can be a downright monster when played right.  But I am totally ok with fewer Italian CAs on the other team.

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
5,185 posts
6,659 battles

When the mid tiers make you long for the mediocrity of Duca d' Aosta, you know something is up. 

It's sad cause many players won't move to tier VIII upwards where things start getting better.

[B_Y_F]
Members
613 posts
14,723 battles
2 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

The italian line after t7 is perfectly fine...

T7 is probably the worst one. T5 feels good and T6 is OK. T8 up they become monster in the right hand. 

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles
1 hour ago, sapient007 said:

T7 is probably the worst one. T5 feels good and T6 is OK. T8 up they become monster in the right hand. 

I'm on Brindisi but I've found them all to be pretty good

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,033 posts
11,081 battles

Italian cruisers are quite strong really. Some of my highest average damage cruiser through out the line. German cruiser are all also quite good, other than maybe hipper is just meh but the rest are very competitive tier for tier

[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles
4 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

The italian line after t7 is perfectly fine...

Agree. No use for T7 and below but at T8 Amalfi they start to improve; it is ok. T9 is quite good and T10 is really good IMO.

• Cool 1

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
6 hours ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

when you crunch the numbers this by far has to be the worst cruiser line in the entire game. even german cruisers are at least GOOD later in the line. which line of cruisers is worse? tell me

Why do you think that italian Cruisers are bad?

They cant set fires but their alpha damage output is completely fine. You can easly do 10k-15k to BBs with one salvo. SAP is also working well against other cruisers. Im not even gonna mention how it performs against DDs. Besides italian cruisers have something other cruisers dont have. The ability of disengaging when you fck up with your positioning. Being able to smoke up while going full speed is a huge advantage.

Edited by ghostbuster_
  • Cool 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,937 battles
15 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Why do you think that italian Cruisers are bad?

They cant set fires but their alpha damage output is completely fine. You can easly do 10k-15k to BBs with one salvo. SAP is also working well against other cruisers. Im not even gonna mention how it performs against DDs. Besides italian cruisers have something other cruisers dont have. The ability of disengaging when you fck up with tour positioning. Being able to smoke up while going full speed is a huge advantage.

And their Much Much Better  than  RN  heavy cruisers:cap_cool:at least when starting at  Amalfi,Brindisi,Venezia

Edited by shadowsrmine

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles

The saddest thing here is the lack of capital letters. It's hard to take an opinion seriously when the author can't be bothered to write it correctly. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,403 posts
16,959 battles
29 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

And their Much Much Better  than  RN  heavy cruisers:cap_cool:at least when starting at  Amalfi,Brindisi,Venezia

Not my experience so far.  I'm not particularly fond of either line but I'd probably take the RN CA line over the Italian line.  The Italian ships can often be frustrating because of your inability to do damage to angled targets.

Members
80 posts
20,849 battles

Duca D'Aosta is a fine ship, the added torps have really great range.

One of my favorite cruisers, especially after playing it to death over the holidays in the PR fiasco.

Duc daosta 008.png

• Cool 3

[GOOF]
Members
773 posts
6,469 battles

I joined the game in 16 longing for the Italian tree.

Awarded Monte and trento......... Not gonna lie I really feel WG has failed this nation tree. Continued it's maybe unwarranted bad name for snuffing Italians.

Pity, I love these ships they're gorgeous. SAP is awesome but I don't understand why wg made them so weak.

Monte uptiered is  a good day of sailing around and they know it

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,937 battles
27 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Not my experience so far.  I'm not particularly fond of either line but I'd probably take the RN CA line over the Italian line.  The Italian ships can often be frustrating because of your inability to do damage to angled targets.

To each their own, Meh to the RN  heavy cruisers  and NTY!  They are giphy.gif  in contrast

Edited by shadowsrmine

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

I like that this line is responsive. Feels sportier than the French.

Tier 5 premium cruiser was alright. It's far from awesome but few cruisers at 5 are. 

Tier 6 tree cruiser isn't bad. Smoke is nice. Guns are good on lightly armored targets and have nice trajectories. Range is alright. Could use hydro.Concealment is horrible. Range ROF sucks.

Tier 7 is bad. Might he worst cruiser in tier. It's a little more responsive than Tier 6 but not much else seems better. Range and ROF are basically unchanged. Conceal is a little bit better but still horrible.

Hope tier 8, 9 and 10 get much better.

Edited by thebigblue

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

The Italian cruiser line does not have enough battles for the numbers to provide a good picture of the ship's performance. There are individual ships with more battles than the Italian line has in total.

As the number of battles grow so will our knowledge of how to get the most out of these ships.

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
7 hours ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

British CAs. The Italians at least have smoke, SAP which wrecks DDs and probably most cruisers, and aren't all giant slow fat slugs that also don't really have great armor.