You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

Next Battleship Line?

30 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles

I'm out of the news loop, is there any news on what the next Battleship line will be?  And is there any news out there about when it would be released?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,111 posts
12,952 battles
7 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I'm out of the news loop, is there any news on what the next Battleship line will be?  And is there any news out there about when it would be released?

Hopefully, the Italian ones. The next lines coming out for sure are the Pan-EU DDs in 9.2/9.3 (Mar 11th/Apr 8th) and then the RU CA split likely in 9.4 (May 6th). After that, only WG knows.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Hopefully, the Italian ones. The next lines coming out for sure are the Pan-EU DDs in 9.2/9.3 (Mar 11th/Apr 8th) and then the RU CA split likely in 9.4 (May 6th). After that, only WG knows.

Ah okay, nothing definitive then.

[55UP]
Members
407 posts
3,395 battles

I’d really love to see a line of battlecruisers for the various nations.  Perhaps only to T5 or T6, since after the Washington Naval Treaty, battlecruisers were replaced by fast battleships. 

[-KIA-]
Wiki Lead, Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Clan Supertest Coordinator, Privateers, SuperTest Coordinator
6,515 posts
8,485 battles

Would be coo to see the Italian BBs come 

• Cool 2

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles

Me thinking about more ships added vs. new maps and game modes..... and when I say game modes I don't mean PVE

See the source image

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[PISD]
Members
1,692 posts
5,844 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Hopefully, the Italian ones.

Chances are: Russian bb split line ;-)

• Funny 2

[SPTR]
Members
27,224 posts
17,206 battles

Yup every1 has fingers crossed on italian BBs. After the pan-EU DD and Russian cruiseree split.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Probably a Russian BB split. They are too underpowered as they are and need to be tuned up.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,843 posts
28,206 battles
19 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Me thinking about more ships added vs. new maps and game modes..... and when I say game modes I don't mean PVE

See the source image

Remember that there's a difference between battle modes and game modes.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,747 battles
26 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Chances are: Russian bb split line ;-)

Beat me to it!

[PISD]
Members
1,692 posts
5,844 battles
36 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Probably a Russian BB split. They are too underpowered as they are and need to be tuned up.

Probably: an all forward gun line with the massive armor of Kremlin but al its gun in 2 quad turret in t front. More braindead play than before!

[KIA-C]
Members
3,583 posts
15,810 battles

IMO there's a high chance it's going to be Italian BB.

But WG being WG I wouldn't be surprised if we have some Pan Asia BB line or something like that.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

Probably another Russian BB line.  This time the sigma is 3.0, with 1,200 m/s shells boasting 10k he and 50k AP, with a 10 second reload.  Boats will be able to stealth radar too... 10km base concealment, and 90km radar.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,766 battles
3 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

Probably another Russian BB line.  This time the sigma is 3.0, with 1,200 m/s shells boasting 10k he and 50k AP, with a 10 second reload.  Boats will be able to stealth radar too... 10km base concealment, and 90km radar.

You beat me to it.

who doesn’t want a shell traveling at 3000 f/s with zero drag coefficient? 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles

Italian Battleships.  And I only hope they get done better than how WG treated their Cruiser Line.

It would be funny if they featured SAP, but because of how Overmatch works, SAP would be fantastic on them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,781 posts
2,653 battles
26 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Italian Battleships.  And I only hope they get done better than how WG treated their Cruiser Line.

It would be funny if they featured SAP, but because of how Overmatch works, SAP would be fantastic on them.

Gimme Littorio with SAP plz

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles
46 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

IMO there's a high chance it's going to be Italian BB.

But WG being WG I wouldn't be surprised if we have some Pan Asia BB line or something like that.

Well since a certain BB line was created with a gun design, a sketch or two, concocted in a bathroom in the Kremlin, had some pictures from a person setting foot on an Iowa class ship, putting Bothans to work on the problem only to die, and asking a US Navy vet with a couple of beers and a smile. 

Since that was created, why not battleships of Scotland(Scottish theme would be tilted kilts), Brazil(Must have art, you know art), Mexico(must have Aztec art), New Zealand( has to have sheep theme or it is a no go), and Australia(has to have a certain Hemsworth be a special captain, we got to get the ladies something pretty to look at, women are the largest consumer other than Latin America), Ireland(potato theme). 

[55UP]
Members
407 posts
3,395 battles
14 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Well since a certain BB line was created with a gun design, a sketch or two, concocted in a bathroom in the Kremlin, had some pictures from a person setting foot on an Iowa class ship, putting Bothans to work on the problem only to die, and asking a US Navy vet with a couple of beers and a smile. 

Since that was created, why not battleships of Scotland(Scottish theme would be tilted kilts), Brazil(Must have art, you know art), Mexico(must have Aztec art), New Zealand( has to have sheep theme or it is a no go), and Australia(has to have a certain Hemsworth be a special captain, we got to get the ladies something pretty to look at, women are the largest consumer other than Latin America), Ireland(potato theme). 

image.thumb.jpeg.2b296d82826353053617f4b5dfe3bede.jpeg

Brazilian battleship Minas Geraes, once one of the most powerful warships in the world. 

image.png

[POP]
Members
2,993 posts
24,093 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

I was under the impression we would get a Pan Chinese Battleship line so WG could suck up to the Chinese market.  

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,781 posts
2,653 battles
34 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

To be fair, the entire game already has a kind of potato theme.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
12 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I was under the impression we would get a Pan Chinese Battleship line so WG could suck up to the Chinese market.  

Ironclad Battleships are cool and all, but they wouldn't even make it to tier 1.

Panzerschiff_DINGYUAN_(chin.)_und_ZHENYU

Edited by Sventex

[GRAVE]
Members
1,413 posts
19,903 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

Most likely Italian BB line. Although they could pull out a Pan-American BB line if they wanted to. You can easily get to T5 with actual ships, and T8 with serious designs, and unlike the Swedish DD line, can be populated with more than one nation.

T3: Minas Greaes (Brazil)

T4: Sao Paulo (Brazil)/Rivaderia (Argentina)

T5: Almante Littore (Chile)/ Argincourt/Rio de Janerio/Sultan Osman (RN, Brazil, Ottoman Empire)

T6: Richiaulo (planned but never made Brazilian Queen Elizabeth)

• Cool 1