You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
murder_0ne

Too many CV only skills

20 comments in this topic

[LZ1]
Members
297 posts
6,369 battles

Out of 32 skills there are 7 that are literally worthless to anyone other than CV players. That's almost 25% of all available skills dedicated to the smallest number of ships/players using those ships. 

I suggest each CV only skill also has a secondary function if used on ships other than CVs so as to allow more opportunity for variety and choice if you're not a CV player.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[HINON]
Members
13,823 posts
12 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Out of 32 skills there are 7 that are literally worthless to anyone other than CV players. That's almost 25% of all available skills dedicated to the smallest number of ships/players using those ships. 

I suggest each CV only skill also has a secondary function if used on ships other than CVs so as to allow more opportunity for variety and choice if you're not a CV player.

How is this a problem? If CVs weren't around they wouldn't even have those skills in the tree. There are plenty of other skills that are pretty pointless on other ship types. Torpedo acceleration for instance only works on ships with torpedoes. Last stand is worthless on practically every BB, etc. etc.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 3

Members
1,978 posts
52 battles
21 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

That's almost 25% of all available skills dedicated to the smallest number of ships/players using those ships.

Not that I particularly like the current implementation of CVs nor do I think more variety would be bad, but CVs also represent 25% of all classes (though it's about to become 20%).

Coincidence? :cap_hmm:

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles
26 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Can you find something else to complain about, so in other words 75% of capt skills do not help the cv, so who is better off then

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
30 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Funny how almost 25% of the skills apply to 25% of the ship types. What a coincidence! </sarcasm>

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
9,185 posts
11,768 battles
51 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

The skills literally exist for CVs, they wouldn't even be in the tree if CVs weren't in the game. There is no issue here.

[55UP]
Members
407 posts
3,388 battles
50 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

I suggest that each skill not usable also has a secondary function if used on a CV. Think of how much more useful Graf Zeppelin would be if I could slot my German battleship captains in for training.

[WOLFC]
Members
520 posts
7,794 battles
4 minutes ago, FineousFingers said:

I suggest that each skill not usable also has a secondary function if used on a CV. Think of how much more useful Graf Zeppelin would be if I could slot my German battleship captains in for training.

What, you mean you don't?

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,171 posts
4,766 battles
1 hour ago, murder_0ne said:

Out of 32 skills there are 7 that are literally worthless to anyone other than CV players.

That's always been the case. 

Regardless, what do you care?  You only have 19 points to spend.  Are you suggesting that there aren't enough skills to spend them on?

Members
1,466 posts
7,125 battles

Well, if one was a cv player...one could say there are too many non cv skills for that matter.

• Cool 1

[55UP]
Members
407 posts
3,388 battles
23 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

What, you mean you don't?

Well yes, I do. Bismarck’s captain is a frequent guest star on Graf Zeppelin’s bridge.  But several skills sit idle when I do.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,310 posts
6,385 battles

Could you please read again your post? Once done, I'm sure you'll delete it.

Members
3,175 posts
591 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

How is this a problem? If CVs weren't around they wouldn't even have those skills in the tree. There are plenty of other skills that are pretty pointless on other ship types. Torpedo acceleration for instance only works on ships with torpedoes. Last stand is worthless on practically every BB, etc. etc.

O20mkgP.jpg

• Funny 2

[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,576 battles
2 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

Ok, so what are your ideas to replace it? 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
2 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

Hmm... Let's see...

DD, CA/CL, BB, CV - four types of ships and 1/4 of the skills are dedicated to CVs, which represent one-fourth of the ship types.

I'd say that there is going to be a skill re-work though if and when subs are introduced.

Edited by Snargfargle

[TF16A]
Members
41 posts
18,649 battles
On 2/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, murder_0ne said:

I totally agree.  But rather than consideration of the suggestion all I see here in most replies is the typical angst. 

Edited by HeavyIronclad

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
48 minutes ago, HeavyIronclad said:

I totally agree.  But rather than consideration of the suggestion all I see here in most replies is the typical angst. 

Because 25% of the skills applying to 25% of the ship types is a travesty? :Smile_smile:

[O_B_G]
Members
215 posts
7,031 battles

I really don't see the problem with the skills Since some of them are nerfed or do more harm to cv than help.  Torpedo acceleration is ok but really not worth the loss of range for the speed they offer. Getting at point blank range cost planes and resources up the ranks so distance really becomes more important up the tier 10 area.
jack of all trades will be far better use in the the long haul.
Superintendent don't sound like much but coupled with the new module squadron consumables mod 1 that doubles the timer and direct center for fighters the cv can offer double spot and protection time for its team.
also the extra heal will be more valuable.
So no i don't see any problem with skills for Cv's unless you like being at the mercy of planes.  
My question is whats your gripe with having CV envy? 
Stop trying to find ways to nerf the cv's because its only hurting you in the end and prevents you from adapting.