You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

At a loss for words... HOW???? (PVE Thread)

28 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,867 posts
26,899 battles

I was in a CRUISER, I did over 300K damage, I had 3 solo caps, I killed 5, 15 defends, damage on 7 out of the 9, and on and on and we LOST! HOW!!!!! :etc_swear: I even took 103K damage in a ship that only has 58K HP.

I got left alone at the end (well our CV but it was a bot and useless) vs the Kreml and Republique. I got the Kreml but there was only about 45 sec left and we were way down on points when the Republique appeared about 13km behind me. I decided what did I have to lose? Launched some torps hoping one might hit eventually (10km range) and then fired some HE at it. As is the norm with bots the EXACT SECOND I fired it targeted me and shot back and stove piped me to take me out.

I knew the game was lost but figured going down fighting was better than hiding and trying to live in a loss I knew was happening. Kind of irritated though the way it fired so fast and with that laser perfect bot accuracy and amazing RNG :Smile-angry:

This was NOT all bots. Plenty of humans on team including all our BB's. I am so disappointed in this. What a game and yet we still lost. Ohw ell. It is a game after all and I live to play again... LOL :Smile_trollface:

hX9AzBk.jpg

LUO1HCO.jpg

ZjiT5Fb.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,626 posts
6,371 battles

You know what they say, Admiral.

"S--- Happens." LOL. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween:

You still did very good. Well done. I say you deserve a pat on your back. :Smile_great:

[PVE]
Members
12,867 posts
26,899 battles
4 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You know what they say, Admiral.

"S--- Happens." LOL. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween:

You still did very good. Well done. I say you deserve a pat on your back. :Smile_great:

I know :etc_swear: happens. Just venting a bit and no need for pat on back. That is saved for those who pull it off. Just don't see how I could do more than I did??? That is a heck of a game to be a loss.

[WPORT]
Members
7,130 posts
12,107 battles

Win some, lose some.  :-)
Game over.
Next game.  :-)

[WORX]
Members
11,933 posts
19,479 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just don't see how I could do more than I did???

At high tiers ??? You can't as a cruiser, If your BBs fail to produce OR everyone else failed to maintain the BB adv. to your favor... Once the BBs on your side are sunk, its over. GG.

Valiant effort though..

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,751 posts
25,011 battles

A lot of players are really that bad.  In Co-op even the worst of the worst players have something of a 90%+ WR.  Most of the time it's a few players that carry them to ensure the high WR%.  Even then, sometimes the level of imbecility is so much that you can't overcome it.  Usually Battleships played by decent players prevent such a debacle from happening.  That's why I call them the PVE Insurance Policy.  But sometimes the potato-ness is just too much.

Gets even worse during Snowflake-like events where people are just there for 1 battle and derp right in.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,626 posts
6,371 battles
27 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I know :etc_swear: happens. Just venting a bit and no need for pat on back. That is saved for those who pull it off. Just don't see how I could do more than I did??? That is a heck of a game to be a loss.

No no no, that's two pats on your back... lol. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

You still did great, despite a loss, so you get one pat, lel. :cap_haloween:

Members
596 posts
10,945 battles
49 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I was in a CRUISER, I did over 300K damage, I had 3 solo caps, I killed 5, 15 defends, damage on 7 out of the 9, and on and on and we LOST! HOW!!!!! :etc_swear: I even took 103K damage in a ship that only has 58K HP.

I got left alone at the end (well our CV but it was a bot and useless) vs the Kreml and Republique. I got the Kreml but there was only about 45 sec left and we were way down on points when the Republique appeared about 13km behind me. I decided what did I have to lose? Launched some torps hoping one might hit eventually (10km range) and then fired some HE at it. As is the norm with bots the EXACT SECOND I fired it targeted me and shot back and stove piped me to take me out.

I knew the game was lost but figured going down fighting was better than hiding and trying to live in a loss I knew was happening. Kind of irritated though the way it fired so fast and with that laser perfect bot accuracy and amazing RNG :Smile-angry:

This was NOT all bots. Plenty of humans on team including all our BB's. I am so disappointed in this. What a game and yet we still lost. Ohw ell. It is a game after all and I live to play again... LOL :Smile_trollface:

hX9AzBk.jpg

LUO1HCO.jpg

ZjiT5Fb.jpg

Holy cow congratulations for the amazing game, that is very likely a World Record you just got! 

Insanely high damage games that end in a lose tend to happen more commonly than you would imagine but at the end of the day, you made your very best, likely shattering the previous WR into a million pieces and in a new ship considered to be not very good

Remember, in order to have super high damage games the enemy team has to be quite bad so most WR are only possible when a good player faces a bad team while also having a bad team so that kind of balances things out 

Members
174 posts
566 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

hX9AzBk.jpg

LUO1HCO.jpg

ZjiT5Fb.jpg

6BBAB65C-7ACD-4424-ABEE-58CBD829975E.jpeg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
13,158 battles

What not play randoms like the rest of society????

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[5D]
Members
16 posts
9,252 battles

hX9AzBk.jpg

LUO1HCO.jpg

ZjiT5Fb.jpg

Kekw.JPG

The answer is no

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,867 posts
26,899 battles
1 hour ago, XurMP said:

Holy cow congratulations for the amazing game, that is very likely a World Record you just got! 

Insanely high damage games that end in a lose tend to happen more commonly than you would imagine but at the end of the day, you made your very best, likely shattering the previous WR into a million pieces and in a new ship considered to be not very good

Remember, in order to have super high damage games the enemy team has to be quite bad so most WR are only possible when a good player faces a bad team while also having a bad team so that kind of balances things out 

You know this was a Co-op game right? The WR for Co-op is almost 500K and is in a BB. LWM held it for a while but she has fallen out of 1st.

[PVE]
Members
12,867 posts
26,899 battles
33 minutes ago, MakeAWish_Kid said:

What not play randoms like the rest of society????

Because I do not enjoy playing PVP (in any game). I prefer PVE games. Plenty of folks play Co-op; it's not just me so I am part of society thanks.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
12,867 posts
26,899 battles
28 minutes ago, spongemon9 said:

Because clubbing bots gets you 2200 PR and playing real players gets you 700.

Excuse me, where did I say anything about stats? I don't care about them. I play the game to have fun and that is it. Also, this was posted to the PVE forum. I did not post this to general. IF you don't like Co-op why post in the PVE forum or this thread?

• Cool 6

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,570 battles

I usually see this when the friendly team is mostly bots. Maybe you had some unmarked ones on your side ? I have been seeing a lot of strange things in co op since 9.1 went live. Had a game today in a DD where my torps did not arm, went under a BB at 3k, 4 of them should have been hits. They only exploded when they hit an island another 2k behind BB. And some of the bots magic maneuvering just makes me shake my head. I have to remind myself its just a game, no sense getting riled up.

[PVE]
Members
4,793 posts
21,124 battles
49 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Excuse me, where did I say anything about stats? I don't care about them. I play the game to have fun and that is it. Also, this was posted to the PVE forum. I did not post this to general. IF you don't like Co-op why post in the PVE forum or this thread?

Well said.

Yesterday, I had a match no where near the level of this example but I killed 4 and almost got the fifth with all human counterparts and we were up 5 to 2 when I filling exploded.   Two enemy BB's with less than 50% and our forces much better off.......thy lost somehow.....???  I watch two of our BB start camping behind Islands so I'm assuming they weren't COOP players.......  Some how, they lost that match>>???  Three times now this lat 5 days I've seen losses in COOP???

Great match though !  You are such a PVE Imperialists !   Sorry, couldn't resist.......It's my destiny to relate that.....  Well done and I doubt I have ever come close. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,626 posts
6,371 battles

Admiral, isn't funny how some people really fail at reading comprehension? Your thread is clearly posted in the PVE Content subforum, as you mentioned, but these goons come in here and talk about the Random mode... lol. :Smile_smile:

I'm so glad that I'm also a PvE-only main. I'm not surprised that the PvP mode is filled with clowns like those people, and I ain't touching it with a 10 foot pole... lel.

• Cool 1

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles
2 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

I usually see this when the friendly team is mostly bots. Maybe you had some unmarked ones on your side ? I have been seeing a lot of strange things in co op since 9.1 went live. Had a game today in a DD where my torps did not arm, went under a BB at 3k, 4 of them should have been hits. They only exploded when they hit an island another 2k behind BB. And some of the bots magic maneuvering just makes me shake my head. I have to remind myself its just a game, no sense getting riled up.

No kidding. Guns firing by themselves, hitting wwww and going in to reverse, Some seriously weird things happening today. Gotta be latency or something. I give up for today.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

that laser perfect bot accuracy and amazing RNG

It's not just in the giving; it's in the taking too. I had some salvoes over the last couple of days that I couldn't understand not raking in a buttload of citadels. For example, I know the Goliath is a T10 heavy cruiser and the Chapayev only has 152mm guns, but I was pouring salvo after salvo into one at a range of FOUR KILOMETRES and you would think SOMETHING would go in...

Having had a co-op loss this evening in which our Roma lost against a Gneisenau (he might have secured our win on points if only he had rammed), I can well understand your frustration!

Sadly, when you have twice as much XP as the next person (or entity) on your team, I think it says volumes about the quality of that team's humans (when there are any).

Double figures in co-op for anything except AFK/DC should be impossible.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

You seem upsetti spaghetti. With so much going for you in WoWS one would think you'd be a happier person.

Edited by _Caliph_

[PVE]
Members
12,867 posts
26,899 battles
11 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Well said.

Yesterday, I had a match no where near the level of this example but I killed 4 and almost got the fifth with all human counterparts and we were up 5 to 2 when I filling exploded.   Two enemy BB's with less than 50% and our forces much better off.......thy lost somehow.....???  I watch two of our BB start camping behind Islands so I'm assuming they weren't COOP players.......  Some how, they lost that match>>???  Three times now this lat 5 days I've seen losses in COOP???

Great match though !  You are such a PVE Imperialists !   Sorry, couldn't resist.......It's my destiny to relate that.....  Well done and I doubt I have ever come close. 

:Smile_veryhappy: I deserve that.

• Cool 1