Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

Repair Party Mechanics

6 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
667 posts
17,188 battles

In my never-ending drive to understand the game better, I recently became curious about the inner workings of the repair party consumable.

Ok, ships take some damage that can be repaired, and other damage that can't be repaired.  Also, each repair party charge repairs damage at a set rate, for a set period of time, and can thus repair a set amount of damage.

Now...assume my ship's been damaged, and further assume that the amount of damage that CAN be repaired is less than the total amount a repair party charge COULD repair.  But let's now assume that, for whatever reason, I decide to go ahead and pop the repair party.  In the normal course of events, the repair party would, over time, repair all of the available damage.

But now assume that, while my repair party is active, my ship takes additional damage, some of which is eligible for repair.  Will the repair party repair that damage?  In otherwords, does the game constantly recalculate all this, or does it make a single calculation of repairable damage when you pop the repair party?  I'm not sure I explained that well, but hopefully it makes sense.  Anybody know for sure how this works?

[RLGN]
Members
15,203 posts
26,863 battles

It is even used as a form of damage control, to repair fires/flooding that are in progress, in order to preserve the DC consumable, or if it is on cooldown.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,245 posts
4,766 battles
35 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

In the normal course of events, the repair party would, over time, repair all of the available damage.

Mmm.  No.  It will repair as much of the repairable damage that it has time to.  This often can lead to "left over" repairable damage.  After the cooldown expires and another RP charge becomes available, you well may see the remaining chunk of repairable damage, all this without taking any further damage.  (If you use that charge then yes, you would have repaired "all repairable damage", if that is what you meant.)

What the actual repairable/non-repairable breakdown is, where it is on the ship, etc. is not visible in the vanilla gui.  There are mods, e.g. Advanced HP Indicator (IIRC) where this info can be seen but I've never found time to use it in-game.

Edited by iDuckman

[TORCH]
Members
667 posts
17,188 battles

Thanks, folks.  So damage received while the RP is active can be repaired by the RP.  That's what I THOUGHT, but I wanted to make sure.  I HAVE been known to be wrong.  More than once.  Quite a bit more than once.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles

Also depends on the damage you take. If it's a citadel hit, you can only repair 10% of the damage inflicted by that hit.

Sign in to follow this