You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DirectorKronic

About signals...

4 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
175 battles

I equipped some economic signals last night, played a few games, and then went to bed.

When I woke up I had an extra 15,000 free XP. To me, that's a lot of free XP.

Are signals supposed to be this OP? Is there any catch to using them that I'm not aware of?

I hope this question isn't stupid; I'm very new to this game.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
17 minutes ago, FatYoda said:

I equipped some economic signals last night, played a few games, and then went to bed.

When I woke up I had an extra 15,000 free XP. To me, that's a lot of free XP.

Are signals supposed to be this OP? Is there any catch to using them that I'm not aware of?

I hope this question isn't stupid; I'm very new to this game.

There have been changes in the Service Record ... and in the Bonuses you receive for reaching each new level.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-091-british-cruisers-part2/

The changes have not been documented in the Wiki yet ... it's a WIP ... but ... SoonTM

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

Take a look at your Service Record, under the Profile Tab, to see what thresholds you've just passed and what the rewards were

You can also read more about Signals in the Wiki, but that's probably not what gave you the boost, unless you stack a bunch of Free XP flags and have a monster high level game.

10 minutes ago, Burt6666 said:

It's a service record bonus...shoulda been 10 crates too.

He only has enough battles for Account Level 11 ... may not be getting all those crates yet

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,190 posts
5,624 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

There have been changes in the Service Record ... and in the Bonuses you receive for reaching each new level.

:Smile_great: They changed early game progression, so you earned 15k free.

However:

2 hours ago, FatYoda said:

They most certainly can be! Especially if you can earn some of the dragon signals, you can rake in some serious free xp. However they are pretty hard to come by, so don't count on them. Combine them with camoflages and you make serious bank (see screenshot). I have jumped a few hundred thousand in one night if I fully stack all my signals and run a powerful economic camoflage. The only trade off is they are consumables so they get used up, and they take up signal slots that otherwise could be used for combat bonuses. Fully loaded for free xp (signals+camo), a decent game can net you 15k

Spoiler

2019-05-03_3.thumb.png.13ea032e99535b63f98dc4ce4ee7ef48.png

I vividly remember this game in Sinop. I had a great match as a bottom tier. There are several other factors at play here other than the signals (great game, I had a +400% xp camoflage on, I think it was a +200% first win week, etc), but I had fully stacked my dragon flags, and it paid quite well