You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dano07_

Questions on Smolensk

34 comments in this topic

Members
73 posts
106 battles

hi

How will the future changes to armor and guns affect its performance ?

Would commanders still need to take IFHE and DE ?

Also its pretty vulnerable to HE dmg itself ?

Please anything else you think relevant to its future ?

thanks

• Cool 1

Members
1,674 posts
13,384 battles
2 hours ago, Dano07_ said:

hi

thanks

You have 104 battle. You have alot more to worry about than Smolensk

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
2 hours ago, Dano07_ said:

hi

thanks

Key word is "future."  Its in testing it will not be in PTS for at least summer time. There is a chance of a change OR no implementation to the public server.

Either way, as it stands... Smolensk is a so so ship for Co-op... Any other game mode and its a worse challenge then the ATL or Flint.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,839 battles
3 hours ago, Dano07_ said:

hi

thanks

Ummm, silly question - why would you take IFHE and DE :)

As for the future … bring on the Subs!

Edited by Commander_367

[NSEW]
Members
2,156 posts
11,540 battles
1 hour ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You have 104 battle. You have alot more to worry about than Smolensk

Wow really?  You are directly attacking the person, instead of the topic at hand? 

Anything is possible, OP could be a veteran from another region being one. Just asking for your thoughts on the matter.

In general, I'm whole heartedly tired of the diatribe in this forum.

Edited by LowSpeed_US
Spell check
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[DNTZ]
Members
422 posts
22,231 battles
30 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Ummm, silly question - why would you take IFHE and DE :)

As for the future … bring on the Subs!

Some take DE to offset the fire chance penalty IFHE has.

• Confused 1

Members
1,625 posts
4 hours ago, Dano07_ said:

hi

thanks

If IFHE is nerfed (tested right now) as announced, and we end up getting 50% reduction in fires, it would be wise to avoid using it, but just check HE shells performance with and w/o IFHE. If it happens, versatility commander skill changes will be at  no cost for at least one week following the corresponding patch. You have time to assess all this. I would not stop using demolition expert, on any case scenario, especially if you keep using IFHE. The Smolensk armor is way squishy as it is now, and the announced deck armor nerf (tested right now) will likely turn this ship into crap, although some here in the Forum pretend that it  should increase overpens, and that's not detrimental. I believe that this is nonsense, and if they are so sure of that, why not trying the same on their totally OP BB?

Please understand that in the Forum, the Smolensk is a 'bad word', many here are way too challenged by this CL and they hate facing the Smolensk. That explain some of the feedback that you are getting. Be brave and keep using it. In fact the Smolensk is a great ship but it is not easy to do well with it. I keep learning. 

Edited by loco_max
  • Boring 1

Members
73 posts
106 battles

Yes its a fact I am from another server : Asia 

And set up a test account to see if I like it more  : which I do

I come here to ask because I like articulate answers

Thanks for all the replies

• Cool 2

Members
1,625 posts
10 minutes ago, Dano07_ said:

Thanks for all the replies

anytime Dano. There are plenty of cool Dudes in the NA Forum...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
16,252 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Key word is "future."  Its in testing it will not be in PTS for at least summer time. There is a chance of a change OR no implementation to the public server.

Either way, as it stands... Smolensk is a so so ship for Co-op... Any other game mode and its a worse challenge then the ATL or Flint.

so-so for co-op? You must be doing it wrong.

I can routinely pump out 100k dmg co-op matches with the Smoli.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,405 posts
13,350 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

37 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Right? It's perfect for coop. Dpm, torps, smoke, heal and hydro. 

Members
3,111 posts
12,466 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

You know, if for some reason you can not get your high tier cruisers work in randoms, it does mean it’s problem that everyone is having.  You just blame BBs and “AP spam”, but let me tell you: I used to be BB main.  At this point in time I play high tier cruisers to the exclusion of everything else, and if anything I feel that BBs are just target piñatas that are usually dominated by other classes when played properly.  The other day I took 100% Montana one on one in open water in Colbert, and won.  Two days ago same thing happen to GK that I fought in Worcester, again open water.  Let’s not even talk about ships like Smolensk, Hindenburg, and Zao.  But you keep blaming BBs, okay.

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
56 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

I did not say Its a so so ship because DMG output... I said It was a so so ship because its the worse ship to take out in Co-op compared to the ATL/Flint.

The Flint, Smolensk, ATL are not for beginners (that was my assumption to were the OP is.)

Co-op is suppose to be a place to experiment...The Smolensk is not a Noob friendly ship for the novice player... That is why I stated the Smolensk is so so for Co-op.

As for me, I am more of a DM/WOOster then a Smolensk... In a Smol, You only  get hit with just 2 AP shells for crit and its port... I dont care who ya are,

I dont like the squishy-ness of the Smol, its bad when every gun caliber size in the +/-2MM can citadel you. You can get Citadel just for getting into position.

Its like a scooter/bike riding with cars on the freeway... It to disproportional vs the incoming threats for my taste.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,405 posts
13,350 battles
13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I did not say Its a so so ship because DMG output... I said It was a so so ship because its the worse ship to take out in Co-op compared to the ATL/Flint.

The Flint, Smolensk, ATL are not for beginners (that was my assumption to were the OP is.)

Co-op is suppose to be a place to experiment...The Smolensk is not a Noob friendly ship for the novice player... That is why I stated the Smolensk is so so for Co-op.

As for me, I am more of a DM/WOOster then a Smolensk... In a Smol, You only  get hit with just 2 AP shells for crit and its port... I dont care who ya are,

I dont like the squishy-ness of the Smol, its bad when every gun caliber size in the +/-2MM can citadel you. You can get Citadel just for getting into position.

Its like a scooter/bike riding with cars on the freeway... It to disproportional vs the incoming threats for my taste.

It is literally the easiest t10 ship you could play in coop. You move 5 km or so from spawn, smoke up not blocking line of sight behind you, and you can kill everything before it hits your smoke firing penalty range. Then when your smoke is over you are about 8km from the Battleships who you can rush to get torps into all while firing he into the superstructure and if the torps don't kill it you fire AP into the side for 8k per volley. 

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
14 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

You know, if you dont like the in coming threats the Smolensk faces or the 2 cit and port or any other condition that no other cruiser faces for some reason you can not get your high tier cruisers work in randoms, it doesn't mean it’s problem that everyone is going to hate it like you do. is having.  You just blame point out BBs and “AP spam”and its negative impact it has had in the game since 2017. but let me tell you: I used to be BB main.  At this point in time I play high tier cruisers to the exclusion of everything else, and if anything I feel that BBs are just target piñatas <Maybe your playing the BB class wrong, just because you cannot get your hight tier BB to work.. Doesn't mean it correlates to same for everyone>that are usually dominated by other classes when played properly.  The other day I took 100% Montana one on one in open water in Colbert, and won.  Two days ago same thing happen to GK that I fought in Worcester, again open water.  Let’s not even talk about ships like Smolensk, Hindenburg, and Zao.  But you keep blaming BBs, okay.

FiFY OP...

Basically you have the same issues in High tier BB as I do in cruisers like the Smolenks... Go figure... :Smile_glasses:

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
9 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

It is literally the easiest t10 ship you could play in coop.

Easiest ship to play is a high tier BB in Co-op...

I dont recommend the Smolensk to a new guy.... To many threats VS a very squishy ship, not good for a NOOB... If anything, i would recommend the US cruiser line first...

Then the ATL, after that the Flint... IF he still feel coragous, then take the Smolensk...

Taking the Smolensk thinking is an "easy boat" for the O P's level??? I disagree with that assessment...

Edited by Navalpride33

[--K--]
Supertester
1,405 posts
13,350 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Easiest ship to play is a high tier BB in Co-op...

I dont recommend the Smolensk to a new guy.... To many threats VS a very squishy ship, not good for a NOOB... If anything, i would recommend the US cruiser line first...

Then the ATL, after that the Flint... IF he still feel coragous, then take the Smolensk...

Taking the Smolensk thinking is an "easy boat" for the O P's level??? I disagree with that assessment...

I like how you ignore the actual part of that post explaining why it's easy. 

Also US cruiser line. You want them to play the Omaha? The ship that can citadel itself through the nose? And has no smoke or heal. Yet you say the Smol is too hard? 

And the only reason a bb is easy to play in coop is because 90% of the games are over before you can take 10 salvos if your dds and cruisers aren't complete potatoes. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
5 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

like how you ignore the actual part of that post explaining why it's easy. 

The same way you're ignoring how the Smolensk is not noob friendly.... Just to hammer it home...

1078095983_2shots.png.3d5dddf77459084bb1540061e2359181.png

This situation can happen just getting into position from any angle... That to me is not the definition of "easy"...

It maybe for you but to me its disingenuous to recommend the Smolensk as an "easy ship" for the above noted points.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
3,111 posts
12,466 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

FiFY OP...

Basically you have the same issues in High tier BB as I do in cruisers like the Smolenks... Go figure... :Smile_glasses:

I do not have issues in high tier BBs, I do not feel at disadvantage playing any of them.  They are decent ships, and can positively affect outcome of the game.  I prefer to play cruisers because for me they are much more fun, primarily due to mobility they offer and the faster reload, it adds up to having more action feeling.  I realize that DDs are even more mobile and have even faster reload, but cruisers have more staying power and raw applicable firepower.  As it stands at this moment, I do not feel that any class has unfair advantage in this game at high tiers.

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

I do not have issues in high tier BBs, I do not feel at disadvantage playing any of them. 

That is not the impression from what you posted... Here is the post again...

"You know, if you dont like the in coming threats the Smolensk faces or the 2 cit and port or any other condition that no other cruiser faces for some reason you can not get your high tier cruisers work in randoms, it doesn't mean it’s problem that everyone is going to hate it like you do. is having.  You just blame point out BBs and “AP spam”and its negative impact it has had in the game since 2017. but let me tell you: I used to be BB main.  At this point in time I play high tier cruisers to the exclusion of everything else, and if anything I feel that BBs are just target piñatas <Maybe your playing the BB class wrong, just because you cannot get your hight tier BB to work.. Doesn't mean it correlates to same for everyone>that are usually dominated by other classes when played properly.  The other day I took 100% Montana one on one in open water in Colbert, and won.  Two days ago same thing happen to GK that I fought in Worcester, again open water.  Let’s not even talk about ships like Smolensk, Hindenburg, and Zao.  But you keep blaming BBs, okay."

Members
3,111 posts
12,466 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

That is not the impression from what you posted... Here is the post again...

That is not my post.

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

That is not my post.

5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

At this point in time I play high tier cruisers to the exclusion of everything else, and if anything I feel that BBs are just target piñatas <Maybe your playing the BB class wrong, just because you cannot get your hight tier BB to work.. Doesn't mean it correlates to same for everyone>t

The words in black yes it is... The words in blue brackets are mine, noting you may have a BB isssue the same way you pointed out I have a "cruiser" issue..

So we both have issues in which we both see something is wrong is the other's narrative... Go figure :cap_cool:

[--K--]
Supertester
1,405 posts
13,350 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The same way you're ignoring how the Smolensk is not noob friendly.... Just to hammer it home...

1078095983_2shots.png.3d5dddf77459084bb1540061e2359181.png

This situation can happen just getting into position from any angle... That to me is not the definition of "easy"...

It maybe for you but to me its disingenuous to recommend the Smolensk as an "easy ship" for the above noted points.

I like how you try to rail against the ap even though the screenshot says they were killed by a secondary battery. And that's from a pvp match that's not even yours. And people play thousands of games, sometimes you get unlucky and eat two cits. You want me to post some were all I eat in it is overpens? 

Once you're in position you smoke up and are safe for 109 seconds which in you have a ridiculous dpm. 

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
4 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

like how you try to rail against the ap even though the screenshot says they were killed by a secondary battery.

Check again, he may be killed by secondaries, but 2 hits for 27k health?? You like to ignore that so more ?

Edited by Navalpride33