You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Thunderer - aiming

7 comments in this topic

Members
102 posts
15,247 battles

I have recently acquired the Thunderer and I am a little frustrated as the aiming, it  seems a little different than other ships that I have played. I have the Kurfürst, Georgia and Kremlin battleships And over 9000 games to my credit. So Amy is certainly nothing new. But the Thunderer feels a little different. I’m wondering if anyone has any advice; So far my games have been a little lackluster and I’m not hitting at the same rate that I do on other ships.

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,249 battles

I find it very easy to hit with even at 24 km. I guess you just need a bit more practice.

I don't really have other high tier BBs, so can't tell if it is different in any way.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles

1. Take it into coop until you get familiar with its guns. Then you'll be pleasantly shocked by those salvos in which you hit a GK at 23 kms with 6 shells and get two fires.

2. Ripple fire the turrets separately rather than salvo them. That helps in getting hits.

I love Thunderer, but not the teams I get when I am playing it. Too many 40% CV players out there....

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,375 posts
12,631 battles
1 hour ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

I have recently acquired the Thunderer and I am a little frustrated as the aiming, it  seems a little different than other ships that I have played. I have the Kurfürst, Georgia and Kremlin battleships And over 9000 games to my credit. So Amy is certainly nothing new. But the Thunderer feels a little different. I’m wondering if anyone has any advice; So far my games have been a little lackluster and I’m not hitting at the same rate that I do on other ships.

It's got the slowest AP rounds out of all tier 10 BBs.  It is also the most accurate tier 10 BB. These two combined make it difficult to aim, but if you learn it well it will greatly reward you. I say it's accuracy is bad for aiming because there is so little room for error in aiming. You have to be spoton or you'll miss the entire salvo. Don't forget her HE is also very good, but suffers the for the same reasons as the AP.

[R-F]
Members
137 posts
9,320 battles

Its really dependent on how well your aim is as it does not shower an area with shells as with others bbs because of its lower gun count and higher accuracy. 

[P-V-E]
Members
1,585 posts
7 hours ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

It's got the slowest AP rounds out of all tier 10 BBs.

That accolade belongs to Ohio at 732m/s for AP, Thunderer AP on the other hand is 762m/s.

Thunderer HE is one of the slowest at 757m/s, but at this moment is time it is the heaviest HE shell in the game (while Ohio's AP shell is the heaviest AP shell at this moment is time)

[ARGSY]
Members
619 posts
10,227 battles

Not much of a BB player but picked this one up with coal. Too nice looking to pass up. Just keep playing it. My scores are only average but they are creeping up. Problem is that I favor ships with very high velocity guns. Just needed some time to get used to it. You will too. Thunderer is a very easy and forgiving BB to play. Just don't think you can brawl in her.