Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Should I choose Jean Bart or Smolensk

12 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,893 posts
4,881 battles

I find JB more fun and forgiving to play. If you like setting people on fire in smoke, then get Smolensk

here a few review, must watch

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,190 posts
5,616 battles

Go with your gut. If you like BBs and you like gimmicks, Jean will treat you VERY well. Main battery reload booster on a BB alone is worth its weight in coal, and the speed boost and respectable secondaries make it all the merrier in terms of fun alternative gameplay. 

However there is no denying Smolensks power as a CL. If you like lighter cruisers and farming damage, she is a great pick. 

Just follow your gut and your budget. I thi k we all can agree both are great options for their respective tier/class that will not dissapoint

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,134 posts
4,766 battles

JB.  Smolberries is fun, but I don't anticipate playing it all that much in the future.  I will always play Jean Bart.

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles
On 2/13/2020 at 4:00 PM, macktkau2 said:

Smolensk is a vastly overpowered he smoke spammer that may be brought down to earth by incoming nerfs.

The Jean Bart is a strong bow on Battleship that can push flanks that will likely be as strong as it is forever.

They are so different you don't really compare them against each other but compare the type of gameplay they both have and which you'd prefer.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,417 posts
12,296 battles

as one of the owners of both of these ships, its my opinion that JB is better, that MBRB is OP once you know when to use it

Edited by tcbaker777

[WORST]
Members
142 posts
17,166 battles

JB was very great for me initially and Smolensk was just broken for me. If you don't now how to fly with small caliber guns you will dislike the JB. She is more of a fire starter and can punish a broadside or lower Armored ship. She has a reload booster!

The Smolensk was boring but if you want to set fires all day, pee fire on BBs and enjoy that playstyle it's okay. I think she will be nerfed one day too...

Alternatively I might wait for the new coal ships see what else is out in 8 weeks? The other two are already getting out of date.

[UEFN]
Members
1,349 posts
23,924 battles

Smolensk isn't just a firebreather, it is a DPM monster!!  I use AP very often on mine and it could rip broadside BB to shreds.   i rarely sit in smoke and setup mine to kite and constantly moving.  151K dmg out of 289K was done in AP in this particular battle.    

Personally, Jean Bart is very boring, unexciting and nowhere near as much fun to play as the Smolensk. call me crazy but I prefer the Alsace over Jean Bart.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

captain.JPG

upgrade.JPG

Sign in to follow this