You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Give CV more Armament Choices

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

I would like WG to implement more armament choices for the CV, give them both HE and AP bombs

Introduce AP rockets

Let you fit your CV out how you like, so instead of 1 rocket 1 bombs 1 torp, it could be a mix of 1 he bomb, 1 ap bomb, 1 torp

Give the CV more options weegee

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles
13 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I would like WG to implement more armament choices for the CV, give them both HE and AP bombs

Introduce AP rockets

Let you fit your CV out how you like, so instead of 1 rocket 1 bombs 1 torp, it could be a mix of 1 he bomb, 1 ap bomb, 1 torp

Well with the introduction of submarines in the near future, how about depth charges for the dive-bombers?

• Cool 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,044 posts
12,943 battles
9 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Introduce AP rockets

And greater hitting power. Make CV's Great Again!

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles
20 minutes ago, cronics said:

Well with the introduction of submarines in the near future, how about depth charges for the dive-bombers?

One very viable option!

• Cool 1

[55UP]
Members
407 posts
3,395 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Introduce AP rockets

While I like the idea of eventually giving them depth charges, I think WG intends for  non-destroyer/light cruisers to be less effective vs subs. So probably no on those despite historical accuracy. 

As for allowing carriers to choose their weapons mix (presumably pre-game?), I’d rather not. I’d like to preserve each nation’s national feel. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,188 posts
10,423 battles
14 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Introduce AP rockets

Image result for Smokey the bearCan prevent forum fires.

[NH]
Members
0 posts
12 hours ago, Tim__2016 said:

cvs should start the game in front of the other ships closer to the enemy

Sure if we give them the abiliy to sink ships in a single torp drop like DDs or a single bomb drop like AP shells from BBs.

• Cool 2

[RNDM]
Members
371 posts
7,437 battles

I think replacing Rocket planes with a fighter strafe might be interesting. Very little damage to hull but gives some sort of debuff to the strafed ship, like temporarily increase consumable cool down or reduce AA. Would help solve the problem some people have with the effectiveness of rocket planes against DDs while still providing a useful and different fighter type. Plus they could make them replace the fighter drops and use these instead and since they don't do as nearly as much damage to ships they can have a very high regen rate while say not providing more than minimap spoting for team.

• Funny 1

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

Would be funny if you could drop a supply crate onto an ally to heal or give the an extra consumable, but it has a reticle the size of Mars and it being one item makes it super rng to pull off.

[FORM]
Members
281 posts
1,878 battles
17 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Introduce AP rockets

And make the CV player "queue" the next wing of planes (and choose what they'll be) so that they have to prep them in advance on deck and it stops the wave after wave of planes that can happen now.

• Cool 2

Members
4,328 posts
3,255 battles
17 hours ago, cronics said:

Those are TBM Avengers in that clip. The "torpedo" bombers were the workhorses of the US and UK navies. They carried all kinds of ordnance including bombs and rockets, dive bombers were more of a one trick pony

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,811 battles
18 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Introduce AP rockets

1300640668_howaboutno2.gif.94dcfe891bfddd2a0818546133f6de0a.gif

• Funny 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,310 posts
6,398 battles
18 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Introduce AP rockets

Agree... And think about that CVs already have different planes. For ex, Midway... The 4 torps Skyriders are upgraded with 6 torps Destroyers. Instead of upgrading, we could have a choice like, 4 high damage long range torps Skyriders or 6 lower damage shorter range Destroyers...

... Or for ex, the British carpet bombers like Audacious, 500 kg bombs as now or 1000 kg bombs, higher dispersion, less bombs, etc...

... Hakuryu's Tenrai had a 4 torps option that was fun, time to arm was longer, it wasn't easy to target but was lethal.

Currently, the only fun choice is the HVAR and Tiny Tim's rockets on USN CVs.

Great suggestion!!! 

• Cool 1

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
1 hour ago, Florendo19 said:

I think replacing Rocket planes with a fighter strafe might be interesting. Very little damage to hull but gives some sort of debuff to the strafed ship, like temporarily increase consumable cool down or reduce AA. Would help solve the problem some people have with the effectiveness of rocket planes against DDs while still providing a useful and different fighter type. Plus they could make them replace the fighter drops and use these instead and since they don't do as nearly as much damage to ships they can have a very high regen rate while say not providing more than minimap spoting for team.

Strafe is dead my man. It was the main reason for the rework.