You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Immortalem_Lamia

All Cruisers need heals period

64 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
279 battles

All BB (that I know of) get heals on top of their insane damage potential and HP pool. Yet many cruisers have to go the ENTIRE match always having to play perfect or get deleted in 1-2 hits and no heal is given to some cruisers.

ALL cruisers should have heals and BB's should have theirs downed by 1.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 6

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,487 battles

So if cruisers get a heal then dds need one also.... see how that works.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Beta Testers
3,574 posts
7,731 battles

I feel like there's a little bit of bias going on in the comments above me, couldn't tell you why...

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,200 battles

Cruisers are (generally) more accurate, faster, more agile, harder to hit, stealthier, and have much higher sustained DPM than BBs. 

There are a few cruisers that probably should have heals and don't. There's a few that probably don't need heals but have them. But a blanket 'cruisers need heals because BBs have them' statement is objectively wrong.  BBs, as a class, have certain advantages (high alpha, heals, high hp pools, etc.) and cruisers, as a class, have certain advantages. Learn to leverage the advantages you have. 

You want to give all cruisers heals because BBs get them? OK, but as a trade, BBs get cruiser stealth and cruiser-level accuracy. See how that works? This is a bad idea and you should feel bad. 

• Cool 2

Members
6 posts
279 battles
12 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

So if cruisers get a heal then dds need one also.... see how that works.

You would be right as some DDs get heals at end game but all need them. Tired of the total BB biased balancing that goes on at WG.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
40 minutes ago, Immortalem_Lamia said:

All BB (that I know of) get heals on top of their insane damage potential and HP pool. Yet many cruisers have to go the ENTIRE match always having to play perfect or get deleted in 1-2 hits and no heal is given to some cruisers.

There is nothing insane about BBs' damage potential or their HP pools.  HP pools are a function of a ship's displacement.  And it's insane to think that ships with 6" or 8" guns should be in the same universe of damage potential as the true queens of the seas, i.e. BBs, with their far more massive and more powerful guns!!!

Mind you, it wouldn't bother me much if cruisers, starting at say tier 5, got heals.  But the reality of things is that BBs also had far larger crews, which would make for far more capable damage control (assuming that they were properly trained).

Members
6 posts
279 battles
4 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

You want to give all cruisers heals because BBs get them? OK, but as a trade, BBs get cruiser stealth and cruiser-level accuracy. See how that works? This is a bad idea and you should feel bad. 

Wrong because most BB's can shoot further then any Cruiser and 1 wrong move from a Cruiser equals massive hurt from a BB while a BB captain can make mistake after mistake and not get hurt that bad.

• Boring 4

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
31 minutes ago, Immortalem_Lamia said:

Wrong because most BB's can shoot further then any Cruiser and 1 wrong move from a Cruiser equals massive hurt from a BB while a BB captain can make mistake after mistake and not get hurt that bad.

Boo frickin' hoo.  One wrong move and wah!  Learn to dodge.  If you're getting blapped regularly in cruisers, the root cause of the problem is looking at you in the mirror.  Most cruisers have the ability to dodge a lot of incoming fire when they're kiting.  You may take the occasional hit, but that's to be expected.  OTOH, as I said already, if you're getting blapped regularly in cruisers when kiting, the problem is you and your inability to dodge.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[GGWP]
Members
7,204 posts
16,676 battles
8 minutes ago, Immortalem_Lamia said:

BBs are spotted further than cruisers. Bbs are less speedy and less maneuverable than cruisers. BB fires last longer than on cruisers. Bbs are less accurate. Bbs have slower reload. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,625 posts
6,371 battles
25 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

I would also like to add in the BB's gitting the cruiser level of reload too. A noice fair trade for giving all cruisers the heal... lol. :3

[WORX]
Members
11,915 posts
19,466 battles

This is a slippery slop on both ends of the spectrum (for which I dont agree on both sides)

1. BBs having the 6 hit and port adv against %80 of the cruisers in the +/-2MM spread ( the current trend).
  2. Which in turn, to give all cruisers/DDs heals because the treats of
    1. Plane spam
    2. HE spam
    3. AP spam
  • Is to much for the class to face...

Something has to be done to rectify this issue... Its not a long solution nor is it feasible for long term stability of the game.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

A cv should have heals for all its planes and the ship, and if I got to choose the type of heal, it would be like the mino or conq, this way when I heal my planes, I get 3 or more of them magically showing up in my squadron.

Members
1,460 posts
10,247 battles
34 minutes ago, Immortalem_Lamia said:

Only if the game decides that we get a good damage roll on the shells even if the aim was perfectly spot on and even if the CA was full broad. CA have the best plot armor in the game.

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is a slippery slop on both ends of the spectrum (for which I dont agree on both sides)

1. BBs having the 6 hit and port adv against %80 of the cruisers in the +/-2MM spread ( the current trend).
  2. Which in turn, to give all cruisers/DDs heals because the treats of
    1. Plane spam
    2. HE spam
    3. AP spam
  • Is to much for the class to face...

Something has to be done to rectify this issue... Its not a long solution nor is it feasible for long term stability of the game.

That 6 hits thing is nonsense.  You can 6 overpens on cruisers and you've barely dented them.  And there are no cruisers at tier 10 that will be sunk by 6 regular pens from a BB.  Heck, even 2 cits and 4 regular pens on a cruiser from BB shells on tier 10 CRs is very iffy.  Sure, that would sink a Smolensk, the lowest HP cruiser at tier 10.  And I think that it might be enough to sink a Zao (the lowest HP tier 10 heavy cruiser at about 40k and change HP), though it might depend on the specific BB and the amount damage its shells do.

I think that you're overstating this 6 hit thing with imprecise language.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
Just now, Vekta408 said:

Only if the game decides that we get a good damage roll on the shells even if the aim was perfectly spot on and even if the CA was full broad. CA have the best plot armor in the game.

For what it's worth, CAs are often the most likely to take heavy damage because their somewhat better armor can be enough to turn some overpens into regular pens.  It's the CLs that can be really frustrating at times with their paper thin "overpen armor".

Members
1,460 posts
10,247 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, CAs are often the most likely to take heavy damage because their somewhat better armor can be enough to turn some overpens into regular pens.  It's the CLs that can be really frustrating at times with their paper thin "overpen armor".

To a lesser degree, yeah. But they both get ridiculous  plot armor repeatedly for the same mistake.

[WORX]
Members
11,915 posts
19,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

That 6 hits thing is nonsense

2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that you're overstating this 6 hit thing with imprecise language.

^^^^ You right Crucis its nonsense... Its not 6 shots and port...

image.png.69eacb282de15f847fc8a8a63c76b119.png

Its 3 shots and port... I was being generous with 6.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,221 posts
7,586 battles
1 hour ago, Immortalem_Lamia said:

Maybe once you play a few more games you will come to realize that cruisers are more than capable of out damaging a BB by maximizing their fire potential. If you get deleted in 1-2 hits, you're not driving right.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,200 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Plus rocket damage, plus you were apparently really bad in that game since you only did 300 dmg 4 min in and got one-salvo-deleted. But K, whatever. 

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,221 posts
7,586 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Probably all ships should have them in the grand scheme.

Agree with that.

Also think all ships T8 and up should be able to choose their special abilities, radar, hydro etc, with some limitations on combinations.

[SIM]
Members
5,583 posts
9,010 battles

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about. Close your mouth and open your ears, you have much to learn and nothing of value to say. 

[WORX]
Members
11,915 posts
19,466 battles
6 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Plus rocket damage, plus you were apparently really bad in that game since you only did 300 dmg 4 min in and got one-salvo-deleted. But K, whatever. 

That is why I was generous, 6 shells  is enough when you dont take into account no other DMG...

If you what to know what happen in that Pic, here is the link and read post #12.

It was a crappy game, that is why its a bad idea to have BBs with a lot of power... It will IMO, add to more blowouts.

• Mainly, if BBs fail your SOL...
Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You took CITADEL hits.  You keep saying that 6 hits and you're dead in cruisers, but it's not 6 hits.  It's 6 CITADEL hits!!!  BE MORE PRECISE!!!