Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Graf Zeppelin Which Upgrade Is Best

5 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,980 posts
24,033 battles

I currently only play the GZ  in Coop but with new upgrades just wondering what people are using when it comes to slot 3.

1 Auxiliary  Armaments Modification 2 

2. Aerial Torpedoes Modification 1

3. Torpedo Bomber Modification 1

I'm currently testing  AA Mod 2 but i feel since its Coop most games wont get to a stage where i really have to charge in and brawl.

Just wondering anyone is using Aerial Torp Mod 1 yet and how is it working out for the ship.

regards   

[FEM]
Members
275 posts

Are you confusing something?
The first upgrade you mentioned is a slot 6 upgrade. Did you maybe mean Secondary Battery Mod 1?
Regarding that upgrade though I think it is only somewhat useful if you go on full secondaries and also spec AFT on the captain.
IF you want the secondaries you need all the range you can get. Personally I don't like "wasting" points on AFT so I don't use it anymore since that new upgrade got introduced with this patch.

To answer the actual question I do use the new Aerial Torpedoes Mod 1. I like having faster torps as they are your main source of damage and it makes hitting ships easier.
However I do play Random Battles and no Co-op

For co-op games a full out secondary built with AFT and IFHE might actually be the more fun way to play.

• Cool 1

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

For coop the games are over so quickly you should be trying to get Zeppy's secondaries into play immediately. If you don't your DPM is so anemic you won't do decent damage.

[BEA5T]
Members
482 posts
16,486 battles

Oh yes for COOP build the GZ for full bore secondary's  as it is possible to get over 250 + secondary hits and multiple ships sinks by being aggressive into the caps.  

CaptureGZ2.PNG

CaptureGZ.PNG

Edited by Noworriesderpy1
none
  • Cool 1

Members
1,964 posts
52 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Just wondering anyone is using Aerial Torp Mod 1 yet and how is it working out for the ship.

The upgrade is worthless on pretty much every CV. It gives you a 2kn boost to your torp speed on a 35kn torp which practically makes no difference. On IJN torps which go 50kn it's likewise useless because they already are plenty fast.

Since you're playing coop you should just pick the secondary upgrade. In fact I would actually recommend taking it on pretty much every CV now since all the other options in slot 3 are useless. There are some which may find a 2kn increase in torp speed to be decent enough if TA isn't taken (Midway and RN CVs perhaps), but I've yet to test it.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this