You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sou1forge

Anyone still playing Kleb?

12 comments in this topic

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

I gave up on it a week or two post nerf, as it was frankly too much effort to squeeze out damage compared to other ships. I don’t think I’ve seen one in battle since, and I’m a tier 8+ kinda guy. Anyone still going at it? Been keeping your damage in the 100k range?

If we have a build hammered out that is “optimal” that would be nice too. I’d love to get back into her, but the low returns via long range dakka versus the high risk of CV and other stuff had me swapping to different stuff.

Edited by Sou1forge

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
28,057 battles

Got my 80 games and 140k average before it got nerfed. It's a pretty boring ship to play imo. 

[D4DDY]
Members
709 posts
28,951 battles

We played 2 different Clans running 4 of them last night...or was it 3? ....I dont remember anymore....But they took their Klebs and left with that L....

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,348 posts
22,134 battles

With my concealment 7.8 and AFT I am having no problem playing her.

She, for me at least,  is a better Khabba.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,196 battles

She's a shell of what she once was. I've always played her primarily as an ambusher and DD hunter  instead of a long-range HE spammer, and that's a LOT harder with the nerf. My win rate and average damage with her took a hard nose-dive since she was nerfed. :/ She's still a viable HE spamming long-range speedtank a la Khab, but I already had a Khab. She's gone from being my favorite boat to a port queen; I don't enjoy how one-dimensional she is now. 

She needed a nerf, but the nerf they chose was the wrong one. There's plenty of long-range HE spammers in-game already, and while that was one part of playing Kleber, I *really* enjoyed hunting down and ambushing DDs or using terrain to pop up and ambush cruisers and BBs. I've gone back to using Daring as my main t10 DD and playing more cap control/fleet support, but I really miss my Kleber. 

[ARGSY]
Members
619 posts
10,220 battles

Like they said. I am actually playing her and doing well. But the only option is AFT and all the fire mods and flags you can find. She can just fire away from long range and do tons of damage and is very hard to hit in return. However, as mentioned, what was one of the most fun ships in the game is now, one dimensional and pretty dull. It is much harder to help your team and dictate the flow of the game when you have to stand off.  Torpedoes are just an afterthought now. 

I will say that Kleber is still great for a YOLO. But YOLOs are kind of cheesy. 

LaFantasque did not get a concealment nerf and even with the greater torpedo detection is a great ship and hellofva fun to play. I just tacked on the faster torpedo mod and they now go 90 MPH. Have not even tried Mogador since the patch but she might be viable as a long range gunboat. 

Problem is, dds need to be versatile or they can't really help out as much.  

Members
188 posts
18,822 battles

I've seen the odd match where they do well but mostly they get marginalized after taking damage and get banished to the outskirts by ships like the Smo and CV's.

Nothing like the consistent threat they use to be.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,759 battles

Havent touched mine since the nerf. Have to try it out and see if its as bad as I fear.