You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Cupcake

Why I've ditched concealment mod...

24 comments in this topic

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles

For the ships montana and conqueror for now, I've swapped concealment module for the new ship consumable modification.

For the Montana, that equates to an additional 1600hp per charge and brings my DCP to a active period of 30 secs (I'm running DCP modifcation as well.)

For the Conqueror, that equals an additional 4ishk hp per charge and 22 secs of DCP. With the 4 charges of repair, that's a potential 16ishkhp increase.

I'll be testing other ships, particularly MRB, TRB, and speed boast ships later.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
13 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

For the ships montana and conqueror for now, I've swapped concealment module for the new ship consumable modification.

For the Montana, that equates to an additional 1600hp per charge and brings my DCP to a active period of 30 secs (I'm running DCP modifcation as well.)

For the Conqueror, that equals an additional 4ishk hp per charge and 22 secs of DCP. With the 4 charges of repair, that's a potential 16ishkhp increase.

I'll be testing other ships, particularly MRB, TRB, and speed boast ships later.

I've been thinking about doing a super MO.

DCPM1 in slot 1, RADAR in slot 2 and SCM1 in slot 5 instead of concealment for Missouri. 

The concealment went to 15.7km from 14.1km (no CE skill), but the DCP is now at 30.8s instead of 20s. The heal runs for 30.8s instead of 20s and the RADAR is now 46.2s instead of 35s. 

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,108 posts
11,809 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

DCPM1 in slot 1, RADAR in slot 2 and SCM1 in slot 5 instead of concealment for Missouri. 

The concealment went to 15.7km from 14.1km (no CE skill), but the DCP is now at 30.8s instead of 20s. The heal runs for 30.8s instead of 20s and the RADAR is now 46.2s instead of 35s. 

Do you think I could ditch concealment on the Thunderer and go consumable modification or does she need her concealment ? I have the caption specked for concealment .

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

That looks nasty...

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
14 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

That looks nasty...

That's why I'm thinking about it. Those uppity bots deserve it. :Smile_teethhappy: 

Not to mention I might take it into random again someday.  

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,681 posts
6,790 battles

Its nice to see more non pure concealment ( concealment module + captain skill) builds in the game.  As that atleast should mean there are a multitude of viable options out there. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

As a PVE main, if I'm running the Concealment upgrade on a ship, it's as much for the dispersion modifier as it is for concealment -- since the bots don't dork around at the edges of spotting range trying to exploit the wonky vision system, and if you're sitting there for 20 seconds trying to go dark you're just forgoing damage you could be doing. 

"Vision Control" means anything at all for about 30 seconds total (at most) out of any Co-op battle. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,491 posts
9,777 battles

IMO vision control is too important to give up more than a km of concealment. Especially on BBs that have pretty decent base concealment, like the Conqueror

So far I've only ditched concealment mods on the two KM BBs that I tend to brawl a lot with, and that dont have hydro: Scharnhorst and Tirpitz. Installed torp acquisition mods instead.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
300 posts
7,705 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I've done that as well. It's a bit of a meme build, but I never believed in concealment for us bbs anyway. The maneuverability is too poor to make use of it.

I've also dumped concealment on bbs that have no chance to hide anyway, like German bbs and musashi.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
1 minute ago, Slayer_Jesse said:

I've done that as well. It's a bit of a meme build, but I never believed in concealment for us bbs anyway. The maneuverability is too poor to make use of it.

Concealment builds, in my opinion, are good early game and if your team has the DD advantage. Beyond that, the dispersion nerf, is of limited utility.

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
5 minutes ago, Slayer_Jesse said:

I've also dumped concealment on bbs that have no chance to hide anyway, like German bbs and musashi.

1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Concealment builds, in my opinion, are good early game and if your team has the DD advantage. Beyond that, the dispersion nerf, is of limited utility.

I have the CE skill on very few BBs and for lack of something else to use in slot 5, was using CE there too. I may not put SCM1 on all my BBs, but probably just the ones that have something other than DCP and heal. Not being the 1st one spotted by the bots is a good thing.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Do you think I could ditch concealment on the Thunderer and go consumable modification or does she need her concealment ? I have the caption specked for concealment .

Montana or Missouri? He was talking about Montana which is abbreviated as MT. You said MO which is the abbreviation for Missouri. Want to be sure everyone on same page. I'm carefully considering some changes and am paying close attn to what folks are saying. 

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
3 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Montana or Missouri? He was talking about Montana which is abbreviated as MT. You said MO which is the abbreviation for Missouri. Want to be sure everyone on same page. I'm carefully considering some changes and am paying close attn to what folks are saying. 

I think the conversation branched out a bit.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
13 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I did monty purely for the increased DCP time. 

I may do @Kizarvexis s build for missouri... 

Members
994 posts
11,273 battles

Ship Consumables Mod1, like Jack of All Trades commander skill, is more valuable on ships with more consumables.  For me, only Georgia and Alsace with Speed Boost as "extra" consumable (beyond the common Damage Control, Repair Party, Spotter/Fighter) are in port.

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
5 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Don't forget the +5 incoming dispersion of the concealment mod.  It is not an inconsequential buff.

I've run the old TAM on Tirpitz before replacing it with the CE mod. The detect buff seemed to be way more important than the dispersion buff to me. If you have a BB with a lot of consumables and you can stack the special consumables in slots 1 and 2, then the SCM1 could very well be worth it for the buffs you get. I wouldn't do it for something with only DCP or heal or on any cruiser though.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,580 posts
15,792 battles

Montana Conqueror and Thunderer are probably the only BB which can trade concealment for Torpedo mod or consummable duration mod because of their already decent concealment.

Tho I wouldn't want to remove concealment on Kremlin Kurfurst or Yamato

[WOLF3]
Members
449 posts
11,268 battles
29 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Montana Conqueror and Thunderer are probably the only BB which can trade concealment for Torpedo mod or consummable duration mod because of their already decent concealment.

Tho I wouldn't want to remove concealment on Kremlin Kurfurst or Yamato

A moderate amount of concealment on the kurfurst allows for at least some control at standoff ranges. However, since my effectiveness goes up alot when I grab islands and wait to appear negating the need for concealment. Im saving up to possible respec for IFHE and ditch fire prevention to complete my journey to the derp GK dark side.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,720 battles
On 2/15/2020 at 3:19 AM, Kizarvexis said:

Sorry, this isn't clear to me. SCM gives a 10% bonus, not 10 seconds. DCP should run 22 seconds, not 30. What am I missing? 

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Sorry, this isn't clear to me. SCM gives a 10% bonus, not 10 seconds. DCP should run 22 seconds, not 30. What am I missing? 

You put SCM1 in slot 5 for the +10% on all consumables.

You put DCPM1 in slot 1 (12.75k coal w/coupon) for +40% to the DCP consumable.

You put SRM1 in slot 2 (12.75k coal w/coupon) for +20% duration of RADAR.

So it is 3 upgrade modules in combination for the super MO. If you use SCM1 in anything, you should also install the related special upgrades in slots 1-3.

• Cool 2

[PHD]
Members
1,746 posts
7,132 battles

Somewhat off topic  but I just got the Jean Bart and was wondering how to set up the mods for it. I play PvE and have Honore as captain with a secondary build (IFHE ect,  I can't remember if he had CE or not) I got the Dunkirk to see if I liked that type of ship, and I do though I play mostly DDs.

Thanks for the help.:Smile_honoring:

I saw Notzers video about trading for faster turret traverse but it doesn't seem like it would be worth it on the Dunkirk and JB. Seems like I'm either bow on or kiteing off one side most of the time.

[PVE]
Members
20,107 posts
12,951 battles
41 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Somewhat off topic  but I just got the Jean Bart and was wondering how to set up the mods for it. I play PvE and have Honore as captain with a secondary build (IFHE ect,  I can't remember if he had CE or not) I got the Dunkirk to see if I liked that type of ship, and I do though I play mostly DDs.

Thanks for the help.:Smile_honoring:

I saw Notzers video about trading for faster turret traverse but it doesn't seem like it would be worth it on the Dunkirk and JB. Seems like I'm either bow on or kiteing off one side most of the time.

Well, if you want to go full ham on secondaries, go with these modules.

Aux Arm Mod 1 in slot 1 to give your secondaries and AA +100% more health.

DCSM1 in slot 2 for the tiny bit of fire help if you do not have the special speed boost mod from the Armory for coal.

SBM1 in slot 3 for +20% range and +20% dispersion on secondary guns.

DCSM2 in slot 4 for faster flood and fire extinguishing.

ANY of the 3 in slot 5. TLS for spotting torps faster, CSM1 for that less detect in the early game before you brawl, or SCM1 for +10% duration on all consumables. I went with SCM1

AAM2 for -20% secondary reload. It buffs AA too, but you want it for faster firing secondaries.

For skills, you want AR, BFT, AFT, MFCSA/IFHE at the minimum. Both MFCSA and IFHE if you can. Personally as a co-op main, I skip MFCSA as the bots will charge and I regularly see bots on both sides of my BBs in secondary range.

• Cool 1