Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Pepper

legacy upgrade are a real disapointment

57 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4
[GAF]
Members
48 posts
37,237 battles
What a waste working to get the legacy upgrades,, on the shimakaza the upgrade will load your torps 10% faster BUT, reduces the traverse time by 80% and raises incapacitaty of torp by 50 % (British tier 5 turrets turn faster than the shimakaza torpedo tube turn.) I even put a ticket in thinking the 80% must be a mistake, I was wrong.Doc1.doc
b45af785b0e648fe2fb7e318a6b8010c.svg
 
[11:14 AM]
on the Republique the legacy upgrade loads you guns 5% faster than normal upgrade but reduces you range 24% and reduces your traverse speed 13%,,, these are clearly not worth getting. I worked so hard getting them not to speak of the expense in silver on to have not use them.

Doc1.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[GAF]
Members
48 posts
37,237 battles

What I mean about the cost of silver is when you play tier 10 in co-op you can come in first place and still you will lose 40 or 50 thousand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[BB35]
Members
117 posts
4 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

What I mean about the cost of silver is when you play tier 10 in co-op you can come in first place and still you will lose 40 or 50 thousand.

 

Thats if you are running premium consumables

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,220
[PVE]
Members
18,987 posts
11,570 battles
6 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:
What a waste working to get the legacy upgrades,, on the shimakaza the upgrade will load your torps 10% faster BUT, reduces the traverse time by 80% and raises incapacitaty of torp by 50 % (British tier 5 turrets turn faster than the shimakaza torpedo tube turn.) I even put a ticket in thinking the 80% must be a mistake, I was wrong.Doc1.doc
b45af785b0e648fe2fb7e318a6b8010c.svg
 
 
 
[11:14 AM]
on the Republique the legacy upgrade loads you guns 5% faster than normal upgrade but reduces you range 24% and reduces your traverse speed 13%,,, these are clearly not worth getting. I worked so hard getting them not to speak of the expense in silver on to have not use them.

Doc1.doc

First, the Unique Upgrades are not to make the ship better, but to provide an alternate play style. The idea is that a Republique with the UU has roughly the same power as a Republique without the UU. Here is the math for the UUs before 9.1. They will change in 9.2 when they move to the RB.

 

 

2 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

What I mean about the cost of silver is when you play tier 10 in co-op you can come in first place and still you will lose 40 or 50 thousand.

 

The game is F2P. You either grind mid-tier for the credits to fund high tier play OR buy perma-camo and/or premium time to make high tier more profitable

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[BB35]
Members
117 posts

I admit.. some UUs are bad... like shimakaze

Some are good like the Des Moines. Makes you pick, do you want DD level maneuverability or do you want your guns to have range. If you use your UU mod you cant use the range mod. They take same slot.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[-TKS-]
Members
786 posts
12,432 battles

I mean if there was only a way to find out what these upgrades do before you go for them.  That would be awesome, oh i dont know maybe a forum or if you want to be really extravagant a wiki  or some such thing . 

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[BBQ]
Beta Testers
129 posts
3 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I mean if there was only a way to find out what these upgrades do before you go for them.  That would be awesome, oh i dont know maybe a forum or if you want to be really extravagant a wiki  or some such thing . 

 

Wait, wait. You're telling me there are places to find out information on the internet?!?!?!!? Next you're going to tell me I can search the internet for sites that have information. Poppycock!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,926
[INTEL]
Members
7,361 posts
32,511 battles
3 minutes ago, Bguk said:

Wait, wait. You're telling me there are places to find out information on the internet?!?!?!!? Next you're going to tell me I can search the internet for sites that have information. Poppycock!!

Nah. If he meant that then he would've known to search and find he's talking about Legendary Upgrades, not Legacy.

Edited by alexf24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[-TKS-]
Members
786 posts
12,432 battles
5 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Nah. If he meant that then he would've known to search and find he's talking about Legendary Upgrades, not Legacy.

wait a second you cant fool me their unique upgrades .....

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,304
[WOLFG]
Members
7,429 posts
5,401 battles
5 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Nah. If he meant that then he would've known to search and find he's talking about Legendary Upgrades, not Legacy.

They won't be Legacy Upgrades for a while yet.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
396
[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,295 posts
10,216 battles

I sold my shim upgrade.  I think that was the only one I got so far lol.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[SHAFT]
Members
714 posts
15,142 battles
55 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:
What a waste working to get the legacy upgrades,, on the shimakaza the upgrade will load your torps 10% faster BUT, reduces the traverse time by 80% and raises incapacitaty of torp by 50 % (British tier 5 turrets turn faster than the shimakaza torpedo tube turn.) I even put a ticket in thinking the 80% must be a mistake, I was wrong.Doc1.doc
b45af785b0e648fe2fb7e318a6b8010c.svg

Doc1.doc

 

36 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

I admit.. some UUs are bad... like shimakaze

 

14 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

I sold my shim upgrade.  I think that was the only one I got so far lol.

As @Kizarvexis indicated the UU's are really suited if you want to explore a different style of play with the respective ship type.

Regarding the UU for the Shima, I have not unequipped it since I unlocked it over a year ago. I have seen lots of players making a big deal of the slowed traverse but it is manageable with practice, if traverse is an issue it's because your are taking evasive action after being spotted, for me if I'm spotted in my Shima, outside of a cv doing it, it means I've overextended.

I have found the faster reload more important, especially when you find yourself having to hold/defend a flank from a concerted push. Combined with torp reload skills and AR you truly become a dispenser of torp soup in the mid to late game. Many players are not aware of how fast the reload can become and become very easy targets, especially as I usually don't lock on when launching. The added bonus is having torps available so much earlier at the start of the game you can risk the speculative spread that can catch the odd ship out for that first blood dev strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,168
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,548 posts
9,894 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Pepper said:
What a waste working to get the legacy upgrades,, on the shimakaza the upgrade will load your torps 10% faster BUT, reduces the traverse time by 80% and raises incapacitaty of torp by 50 % (British tier 5 turrets turn faster than the shimakaza torpedo tube turn.) I even put a ticket in thinking the 80% must be a mistake, I was wrong.Doc1.doc
b45af785b0e648fe2fb7e318a6b8010c.svg
 
 
 
[11:14 AM]
on the Republique the legacy upgrade loads you guns 5% faster than normal upgrade but reduces you range 24% and reduces your traverse speed 13%,,, these are clearly not worth getting. I worked so hard getting them not to speak of the expense in silver on to have not use them.

Doc1.doc

I think on the Republic the UU gives you 6% faster than the normal gun reloads and a 24% reduction in range but no 13% to the traverse speed . I believe that the normal modular gives you 13% reduction to the traverse speed and 12% to the reload speed . Either way getting a 6% reload for a 24% reduction in range is suspect at best .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,220
[PVE]
Members
18,987 posts
11,570 battles
22 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

As @Kizarvexis indicated the UU's are really suited if you want to explore a different style of play with the respective ship type.

Regarding the UU for the Shima, I have not unequipped it since I unlocked it over a year ago. I have seen lots of players making a big deal of the slowed traverse but it is manageable with practice, if traverse is an issue it's because your are taking evasive action after being spotted, for me if I'm spotted in my Shima, outside of a cv doing it, it means I've overextended.

I have found the faster reload more important, especially when you find yourself having to hold/defend a flank from a concerted push. Combined with torp reload skills and AR you truly become a dispenser of torp soup in the mid to late game. Many players are not aware of how fast the reload can become and become very easy targets, especially as I usually don't lock on when launching. The added bonus is having torps available so much earlier at the start of the game you can risk the speculative spread that can catch the odd ship out for that first blood dev strike.

:Smile_honoring:

From everything I have heard from people that use the Shima UU is map awareness and pre-planning for torp shots to have the aiming where you want it. People and I would guess you too, practice locking the torps and sometimes aiming by steering the ship.

 

7 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I think on the Republic the UU gives you 6% faster than the normal gun reloads and a 24% reduction in range but no 13% to the traverse speed . I believe that the normal modular gives you 13% reduction to the traverse speed and 12% to the reload speed . Either way getting a 6% reload for a 24% reduction in range is suspect at best .

Nope, there is a traverse and range nerf to go with the reload buff.

Republique Additional Main Battery Loader slot 6 Unique (Legendary) Upgrade

The Republique Unique Upgrade gives -18% main gun reload, -13% turret traverse, -24% main gun firing range

 

 

Republique Unique Upgrade
19.7s Main gun reload
41.4s turret 180 degree traverse, add EM skill and get 35.6s traverse
19.8km main gun range

 


Gun Fire Control System mod 2 (GFCSM2) +16% range
24s Main gun reload
36s turret 180 degree traverse, add EM skill and get 31.6s traverse
30.3km main gun range
 


Main Battery mod 3 (MBM3) -12% reload, -13% traverse
21.1s Main gun reload
41.4s turret 180 degree traverse, add EM skill and get 35.6s traverse
26.1km main gun range
 

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,271
[R-F]
Members
1,661 posts
9,784 battles

37,000 battles and you're just now turning a critical eye to a feature that's been in the game for a year and a half?  

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,168
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,548 posts
9,894 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Republique Unique Upgrade gives -18% main gun reload, -13% turret traverse, -24% main gun firing range

 

Well I stand corrected then this just makes it even harder to use the UU .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,220
[PVE]
Members
18,987 posts
11,570 battles
8 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Well I stand corrected then this just makes it even harder to use the UU .

Yeah, evidently the idea is for closer range brawling. I think if they want that, they should add in some secondary buffs to make up for the range lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[SHAFT]
Members
714 posts
15,142 battles
13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_honoring:

From everything I have heard from people that use the Shima UU is map awareness and pre-planning for torp shots to have the aiming where you want it. People and I would guess you too, practice locking the torps and sometimes aiming by steering the ship.

Yes sir, map awareness is a very big part. The experience of knowing where ships like to hide/gaps they pass through is vital because you are literally trying to steer the ship into position to launch the torps without having to make last minute turns. Its really like going from point a to b in a shallow curve as opposed to a high bend one (if that makes sense to you).

I've never tried the locking armaments option though, might be something to think about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
85 posts
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_honoring:

From everything I have heard from people that use the Shima UU is map awareness and pre-planning for torp shots to have the aiming where you want it. People and I would guess you too, practice locking the torps and sometimes aiming by steering the ship.

 

To be fair, the Shima's UU is so penalizing that even that is marginal. You'll run into failures to fire and trouble dropping a proper spread even still. I get the idea of making it reload faster in exchange for removing the ability to use torps as an "Oh crap" weapon, but it genuinely does need less of a traverse nerf to be reasonable as a sidegrade. 60% might be workable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,220
[PVE]
Members
18,987 posts
11,570 battles
2 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Yes sir, map awareness is a very big part. The experience of knowing where ships like to hide/gaps they pass through is vital because you are literally trying to steer the ship into position to launch the torps without having to make last minute turns. Its really like going from point a to b in a shallow curve as opposed to a high bend one (if that makes sense to you).

I've never tried the locking armaments option though, might be something to think about

It makes sense. I'm still on the T7 IJN DDs, so I have a while until I get to Shima. The UU could be greatly changed by then. If you don't mind, I'll copy your advice into the Shima UU thread

 

1 minute ago, Pomme_de_Terroriste said:

 

To be fair, the Shima's UU is so penalizing that even that is marginal. You'll run into failures to fire and trouble dropping a proper spread even still. I get the idea of making it reload faster in exchange for removing the ability to use torps as an "Oh crap" weapon, but it genuinely does need less of a traverse nerf to be reasonable as a sidegrade. 60% might be workable.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if the torp traverse gets a little nudge in the UU rework for 9.2. I did some calcs in the spoiler of the OP in the Shima UU thread on having the traverse lower and -60% is about where I would put it too.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,149
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,181 posts
17,712 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Pepper said:
What a waste working to get the legacy upgrades,, on the shimakaza the upgrade will load your torps 10% faster BUT, reduces the traverse time by 80% and raises incapacitaty of torp by 50 % (British tier 5 turrets turn faster than the shimakaza torpedo tube turn.) I even put a ticket in thinking the 80% must be a mistake, I was wrong.Doc1.doc
b45af785b0e648fe2fb7e318a6b8010c.svg
 
 
 
[11:14 AM]
on the Republique the legacy upgrade loads you guns 5% faster than normal upgrade but reduces you range 24% and reduces your traverse speed 13%,,, these are clearly not worth getting. I worked so hard getting them not to speak of the expense in silver on to have not use them.

Doc1.doc

Republique is useful in ranked and clan .

Flamu has a video on top 5.

Zao, Moskva, Grozovoi are top 3 I can remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,301
[WOLF5]
Members
3,040 posts
3,309 battles
27 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, evidently the idea is for closer range brawling. I think if they want that, they should add in some secondary buffs to make up for the range lost.

That sounds like WG logic, we want to increase brawling with this upgrade. Let's force that by reducing range. Oh and reducing turret traverse, because up close brawling doesn't require fast turning turrets:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,459
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,538 posts
12,986 battles
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

As @Kizarvexis indicated the UU's are really suited if you want to explore a different style of play with the respective ship type.

This, I had an odd for a cruiser survival captains build on my Hindenburg which was set up for maneuver so with the UU i am about fire and flood proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,220
[PVE]
Members
18,987 posts
11,570 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

That sounds like WG logic, we want to increase brawling with this upgrade. Let's force that by reducing range. Oh and reducing turret traverse, because up close brawling doesn't require fast turning turrets:Smile_facepalm:

Well, you are supposed to pre-plan your turret traverse for brawling. Just tell that red DD running to your flank that he is not with the program. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

I also said closer range, not close range, as you do have secondaries that reach out to 11.5km so you don't have to get that close. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,220
[PVE]
Members
18,987 posts
11,570 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, I had an odd for a cruiser survival captains build on my Hindenburg which was set up for maneuver so with the UU i am about fire and flood proof.

Yeah, there are a couple like that where you can pretty much ignore fires and floods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×