You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

I felt bad/good playing Smolensk

6 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,500 posts
7,311 battles

Ok so I picked up the Smolensk recently because you know, she is going to be gone soon cause they are pulling her. Now I'm not going to pretend I was ignorant to the fact that people don't like the Smolensk, I myself get mildly annoyed when fighting more than one of her. I only took her out for two matches, I picked her up practically half a day ago after talking with a div mate on if I should pick her up since she's gonna be pulled. 

So we pop into a match me in my Smolensk and him in a battleship trying to support our shimakaze on the C cap cause we only had one in the match and it was a CV  match as well. So I'm doing my best, got myself in position to shoot down pesky rocket planes, pulled a notser and the CV put a couple of torps into my side but I'm healing up. 

Soon we notice that there's a pretty big group of ships, bout half the team, coming around the island having spotted us via the CV and us them via our CV. We bug out and our poor DD who has half HP at this point despite our efforts is putting torps in the water and I smoke up and fire her guns for the first time at the enemy kremlin. 

I would like to say, I knew in advance that people were annoyed by this ship but I was not prepared for how annoyed this guy would get.  Within a few minutes he's in the chat cursing my very existence to the pits of hades, I do have a replay/screenshot of this match but I'm not gonna post it because I fear either I or this kremlin would be instantly banned which is not what I want. 

At first, I felt bad, to be fair to this guy I spent pretty much the whole match pounding the crap out of his superstructure. At first, I tried to talk him down but he was so incredibly over the top furious it had both of us in discord laughing till our ribs hurt.

I don't know man I guess we all have those matches where we blow up at people, I know I have. 

• Funny 1

Members
1,279 posts
5 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

I don't know man I guess we all have those matches where we blow up at people, I know I have. 

we forgive you...

• Funny 2

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,367 posts
10,596 battles

Oh... I took out my Alaska and was fighting 4 ships at once bow on and on my flank rolls in backing up is a Smoley.  I was going down and I was like, I want some citadels.  Blasted my guns right as I die.  BOOM!!! completed deleted him.  I hit the chat and said some dirty words to that player.  Why?  The freaking boat.  I don't know if I actually hate the boat.  Just because of everyone else, I had to throw shade.  That is just bad.

[POP]
Members
691 posts
7,132 battles

Had a smolensk line up at about 14km in his smoke and started pounding my Montana with HE in typical fashion.   Sent one volley into his smoke... dev strike.  It was better than bacon.  Proceeded to state in chat that "every time a smolensk dies in it smoke an angel gets its wings" at which point I was corrected by multiple people stating "every time a smolensk dies an angel gets its wings".

I have the coal but don't really care to own a smolensk.   If I want to piss off the masses I'll just hop in one of my CV's.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,841 posts
10,152 battles
1 hour ago, Sinboto said:

Ok so I picked up the Smolensk recently because you know, she is going to be gone soon cause they are pulling her. Now I'm not going to pretend I was ignorant to the fact that people don't like the Smolensk, I myself get mildly annoyed when fighting more than one of her. I only took her out for two matches, I picked her up practically half a day ago after talking with a div mate on if I should pick her up since she's gonna be pulled. 

So we pop into a match me in my Smolensk and him in a battleship trying to support our shimakaze on the C cap cause we only had one in the match and it was a CV  match as well. So I'm doing my best, got myself in position to shoot down pesky rocket planes, pulled a notser and the CV put a couple of torps into my side but I'm healing up. 

Soon we notice that there's a pretty big group of ships, bout half the team, coming around the island having spotted us via the CV and us them via our CV. We bug out and our poor DD who has half HP at this point despite our efforts is putting torps in the water and I smoke up and fire her guns for the first time at the enemy kremlin. 

I would like to say, I knew in advance that people were annoyed by this ship but I was not prepared for how annoyed this guy would get.  Within a few minutes he's in the chat cursing my very existence to the pits of hades, I do have a replay/screenshot of this match but I'm not gonna post it because I fear either I or this kremlin would be instantly banned which is not what I want. 

At first, I felt bad, to be fair to this guy I spent pretty much the whole match pounding the crap out of his superstructure. At first, I tried to talk him down but he was so incredibly over the top furious it had both of us in discord laughing till our ribs hurt.

Most of the times It's just better to let them rant but sometimes people say something that hits a nerve no matter how mellow you may be . Then it's on but it never leads to anything good still you cant be blamed in some instances .