Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

New Upgrade Modules (PVE use)

50 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,901 posts
27,005 battles

Haven't had a lot of time to mess with the new upgrade modules but while it is free to demount them (of course still 100% full price to buy them so still $$$ to experiment :Smile_sceptic:) I have been trying a few things. So far...

• Engine Room Protection (slot 2): Have swapped out Damage Control System Mod 1 for the new ERP (combo engine/rudder) module on some DD's and like that so far. Might get a few more fires on me but the engine and rudder damage reduction/repair (-20%/+20%) combined I feel is an improvement over -%5 fires and -3% floods in a DD. Especially with how the bots break them over and over and over... I think ERP + Last Stand will be a very good combo for Co-op on DD's and the few Cruisers (lots of French, Yorck, etc...) that take a lot of damage to engine/rudder.  I like this new module. 
  • Main Battery Modification 2 (slot 3): THIS one I was excited for from the 1st day it was announced. +15% faster turrets with NO reload penalty. That is what kept me from using it barring the most extreme cases (Pensacola for instance). Just not worth longer reloads for Co-op where the games go fast and the action is close. But now...:cap_horn:. I have put it on a few IJN Cruisers and DD's that have awful turret rotation. They have more than acceptable accuracy without ASM1 so I believe the faster rotating guns will be an advantage. I am running it on the new BRN CA's T7+ and it drops the turret rotation time down under 20 sec including all the way down to 15.7 sec on the bigarse guns of the T9 and T10. It makes a HUGE difference in the close up brawling meta of Co-op. I also tried it on Kreml and I am not swapping ASM1 back in. NO WAY! I love it on Kreml. Honestly I saw no real change in accuracy dumping ASM1 (I know there was -7% but it is not discernable IMO) but those turrets swing like a Cruiser at just 26.9 sec now. I had a game where I was bow on tanking a charging GK in reverse and the rear turret could pretty much keep up swinging side to side as the GK zig zagged heading at me. In the end I was ready when it stayed to one side and tried to rush past and the rear guns were ready and helped take it out (they would have at best been straight back if not still on wrong side without MBM2!). MBM2 also has another benefit. It let's you forgo EM, thus saving 2 skill pts, in all but the most extreme cases. MBM2 might be the best of the new modules WG released.

Haven't had a chance really to look at/try out the rest but so far I like these 2 a lot. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 8

Members
707 posts

I've been putting the MBM and torp accel on IJN anything that will accept it. IJN DD's have terrible turrets for PVE and every little bit of speed without penalty helps on torps. Still testing if I want torp speed or turret speed on the DD's. Haven't tried it too much on anything else except Haida/Bllyss. Seems to work.

Edited by ItsSubmersible

[PVE]
Members
4,832 posts
21,214 battles

Thanks for the update ! 

I'm an IJN Main so this is very useful....!!!  I'm not sure changing anything actually is "value added" for COOP mains though?  A plus 5 to 15% increase in anything against bots.........???  How would these changes affect ROI in a mode we almost never lose at?? 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,423 posts
16,285 battles
Just now, Asym_KS said:

How would these changes affect ROI in a mode we almost never lose at?? 

You might almost never LOSE, but being able to keep your guns on target and firing/protecting both steering and propulsion better might be the difference between you living to pick up that extra kill and dying without it. Depending on what you're trying to do, that might be an extra battle or two a night you don't have to play, or an earlier finish to a particular directive task. Win rate isn't everything.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,423 posts
16,285 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Main Battery Modification 2 (slot 3): THIS one I was excited for from the 1st day it was announced. +15% faster turrets with NO reload penalty.

I'm very tempted to throw this on one of my ARP Kongos. The only bad thing is that you can't fit both it AND the secondary-battery module, or I'd set one of them up as a hardcore brawler. 

You pretty much have to take MAM1 and DCP mod 1 on most battleships anyway, so I will probably put Kongo's modules on ARP Kongo then play around with slot three for Hiei, Haruna and Kirishima. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,193 posts
10,423 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You might almost never LOSE, but being able to keep your guns on target and firing/protecting both steering and propulsion better might be the difference between you living to pick up that extra kill and dying without it. Depending on what you're trying to do, that might be an extra battle or two a night you don't have to play, or an earlier finish to a particular directive task. Win rate isn't everything.

As an example, using the Pepsi for the citadel mission, I got my citadels (and a kill in the kill mission) because of the lack of reload penalty.  I got the cits and kill that ended the game (lot of low health bots at that time).  Without it, I'm looking at an extra game.  It is minor, but noticeable.

Having steering and engine in one package is a big improvement.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The only effect this change has had on me is forcing me to spend 2 million credits replacing the useless TLS on the two ships that I had the TASM1 mounted on.   I have no more interest in any of the other changed upgrades than I did before. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[DVYJC]
Members
3,674 posts
8,784 battles
48 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm very tempted to throw this on one of my ARP Kongos. The only bad thing is that you can't fit both it AND the secondary-battery module, or I'd set one of them up as a hardcore brawler. 

You pretty much have to take MAM1 and DCP mod 1 on most battleships anyway, so I will probably put Kongo's modules on ARP Kongo then play around with slot three for Hiei, Haruna and Kirishima. 

Fortunately we have so many premium Kongos that you can set them up a bunch of different ways!

[PVE]
Members
4,832 posts
21,214 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I did think about that but, i really don't play that much and if they cost anything more than free............who knows in the long run.

For you and others that play all of the time, I can see some gradual savings.  

Thanks !  (I'm headed back to Fallout 4 that I've restarted for the 15th time !!!)  Good hunting.

[COOP2]
Members
359 posts
9,218 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think ERP + Last Stand will be a very good combo for Co-op on DD's and the few Cruisers (lots of French, Yorck, etc...) that take a lot of damage to engine/rudder.  I like this new module. 

I think the new engine protection module is also quite good. I agree this plus captain skills will help DDs. (and some fragile cruisers too, if someone chooses this instead of Damage con 1)

I had propulsion 1 on all my DDs instead of damage con 1, as it is my preference to have more engine protection than reduced fire/flood chance for a DD. Now with the engine room protection it's like a small buff to all my DDs as the rudder gets a (little) extra protection as well. Still, with this module AND with preventative maintenance on my captains I still need last stand. DDs were (still are?) called tin cans for a reason.

As for main battery mod 2, the only ship I have run it on so far is pensicola because with expert marksman and main battery 2 I still out-turn my turrets on that ship, and as you all know in a pensicola you need to me maneuvering like a crazy person just to have a chance to stay alive. It's good that there is no longer a slight negative hit to reload but that wasn't a big concern for me in the pensicola because many times the guns were loaded but not on target anyway. Trust me, I'm not complaining, I'll take the improvement to main battery mod 2.

As admiral has mentioned, these new module changes have actually made for some interesting options. 

5 hours ago, ItsSubmersible said:

I've been putting the MBM and torp accel on IJN anything that will accept it. IJN DD's have terrible turrets for PVE and every little bit of speed without penalty helps on torps. Still testing if I want torp speed or turret speed on the DD's.

The one type of ship that these module changes really open up different options for are IJN DDs. I had aiming systems mod 1 on all of my IJN DDs previously as I couldn't really see any other option in that slot. Now you have three viable options: aiming systems mod 1 (buff to gun accuracy and torpedo tube speed), OR torpedo tubes mod 1 (5+ knots torpedoes, buff to torpedo tube speed and torpedo tube survival), OR main battery mod 2 (faster turrets, now with no reload penalty). I also haven't decided what direction to go with IJN DDs.

I think with the other DDs I have (US, German, French) it is better to stick with aiming systems mod 1 because their guns are more useful than their torpedoes and their turrets don't turn especially slow like IJN DDs.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles

MBM2 is a big deal for practically all Cruisers, especially ones with slower turret traverse on average, i.e. IJN Cruisers.  For a long, long time I refused to slot MBM2 on Myoko, who for most of the history of this game, had terrible turret traverse.  She has mediocre reload already and I didn't want to worsen that.

Anyways, Normal Cruisers don't need ASM1.  They are already accurate by nature.  I spent a lot of credits to get tons and tons of MBM2 for my Cruisers.  From Tier V Furutaka, to VI Pensacola, to VII Myoko, to VIII Charles Martel, to IX Seattle, to X Salem.

IX Seattle is another example that really needed the help of MBM2 because I had MBM3 installed that worsened her traverse.

VIII Cleveland already had good turret traverse for open water gunfighting and maneuvering, and MBM2 makes her even smoother.

I also installed MBM2 on a bunch of gun focused DD Gunboats with bad turret traverse.  DDs, just like Cruisers, don't need ASM1 to help on dispersion.  An Shan, Fu Shun, Gadjah Mada.  Many FR DDs are prime candidates for MBM2.  A number of IJN DDs have bad turret traverse times.  The IJN 127mm guns actually have very respectable HE alpha to them for their size, but their turret traverse all SUCK.  MBM2 can help a little.

I had scores of MBM2 upgrades laying around from years past.  Didn't use them.  With the new changes, they all got used up again.  I even spent a good amount of credits to get MORE MBM2 upgrades.

Also, Torpedo Tube Mod 1 is an interesting one for Slot 3.  For me it's the torpedo speed buff.  At first, "Is this a free Torpedo Acceleration trait without the range penalty?" but it isn't quite that.  TA is a flat +5kt speed.  TTM1's speed buff is % based.  Meaning the DDs with fast torp speed get the most from this, typically the already fast ones. 

TTM1 isn't going to really do anything for "Slowpedoes" because the gains in speed are minimal.  I slotted TTM1 on something like Sims with Mk7 2B torps, who went from 49kts to a whopping 51kts.

Shimakaze's F3 torpedoes have 76kts.  With TTM1 installed, it goes to 80kts.

Asashio's DWTs are 67kts.  With TTM1 installed, they improve to 70kts.  But, Asashio builds often incorporate TA because they got super long range already.  What does it look like if Asashio takes TA and TTM1?  The speed is 75kts.

Ship Consumables Mod 1 for Slot 5 is an interesting one also for PVE.  Stealth isn't as big a deal in Co-op as it is in PVP.  In particular, SCM1 for BBs merits some consideration for longer active time duration.  DCP lasts longer, especially for USN BBs that have the longest active timer for that consumable over anyone else.  It also gives a few extra seconds to Repair Party, i.e. you get more HP back because you get longer lasting RP.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
996 posts
11,306 battles

The problem for the IJN DDs is that both TTM1 and MBM2 go in upgrade slot 3.  You may forgo ASM1 but then which do you choose to replace it?  I only had MBM2 on Aigle, all my other DDs had ASM1.  I figure I will swap in MBM2 onto Fushun and Anshan now as well.

I have already loaded Mutsuki with TTM1 (torped a Fubuki in my first random battle!) and I figure to do the same on Akatsuki and  Kagero (that is as far as I am up the IJN torpedo line).  Would I like to improve their gun traverse from 6.9 deg/sec to 7.935 deg/sec with MBM2?  Sure, but I will probably prefer taking the torp speed up to 62->65.1kts / 67->70.35kts.  Given the free demounts I suppose I can try both this week.  EM commander skill speeds their traverse more than MBM2.

The German DDs are another story.  Gaede / Z-23 have 8 deg/sec traverse, but I have already budgeted EM into their commanders.  Sadly when both mount the 150mm guns, it dramatically reduces the effectiveness of EM skill (2.5 down to 0.7 deg/sec boost).  They both have pretty low dispersion so no problem giving up ASM1, and MBM2 will boost their traverse by 1.2 deg/sec, but without ASM1 or TTM1 we lose the torpedo traverse buff.   Decisions, decisions...

My Russians, Americans, and IJN gunboats will keep ASM1.  Probably the French as well (excepting the aforementioned Aigle who happily keeps the improved MBM2).

That leaves the RN.  Acasta and Icarus (yeah, I like playing those boats, sue me!) have plenty low enough dispersion to drop ASM1, and their guns are almost fast enough to keep up with their rudder shifts.  These captains also have learned the EM skill, so I don't really need MBM2 unless I wanted to drop EM for something else (too bad we do not have a concurrent commander respec period!).  Their 59kt torps are god-awful slow, but too bad that TTM1 is just a percentage increase.  Again, decisions, decisions...

Edited by Mono_De_Mantequilla
  • Cool 2

[COOP2]
Members
359 posts
9,218 battles
On 2/14/2020 at 3:05 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

MBM2 is a big deal for practically all Cruisers

I hadn't considered it; you make a good point. The IJN line especially as they are already more accurate to begin with.

Also someone suggested (can't remember where I heard it) using MBM2 for higher tier (8+) US battleships, which made sense to me because you can't run ASM1, you don't need the range from artillery room in that slot (you would for the tier 5-7 US BBS because some of them have terrible range without it and they are all painfully slow so tht extra range may be the only chance to even shoot something), and you're not going to run the secondary or AA modules, so now MBM2 is a viable option there as well.

On 2/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

The problem for the IJN DDs is that both TTM1 and MBM2 go in upgrade slot 3.  You may forgo ASM1 but then which do you choose to replace it?  I only had MBM2 on Aigle, all my other DDs had ASM1. 

I'm in the same IJN DD boat. Every DD had ASM1. Now it's test and decision time.

I think the change to the modules is having the intended effect: opening up multiple choices and possibilities instead of single builds.

[PVE]
Members
12,901 posts
27,005 battles
10 hours ago, Ironshroud said:

I hadn't considered it; you make a good point. The IJN line especially as they are already more accurate to begin with.

Also someone suggested (can't remember where I heard it) using MBM2 for higher tier (8+) US battleships, which made sense to me because you can't run ASM1, you don't need the range from artillery room in that slot (you would for the tier 5-7 US BBS because some of them have terrible range without it and they are all painfully slow so tht extra range may be the only chance to even shoot something), and you're not going to run the secondary or AA modules, so now MBM2 is a viable option there as well.

I'm in the same IJN DD boat. Every DD had ASM1. Now it's test and decision time.

I think the change to the modules is having the intended effect: opening up multiple choices and possibilities instead of single builds.

Actually, as I ONLY play Co-op and the fights are always close in brawls I use SBM1 in slot 3 on my high tier US BB's. With SBM1 and AFT it gets your T9/T10 secondary's (not counting Georgia) out to 8.6km and with the flag you get out to 9.1km. The new MBM2 is a solid choice there and I have considered swapping out SBM1 but tbh secondary builds in the 9-10km range work really well in Co-op so I am probably keeping things as is. I use it on high tier BRN BB's too.

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

The torpedo acceleration mod is the best thing ever; no longer will I be plagued by sub 60kt torpedoes on my mid tier dds. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts

I really like the new Main battery upgrade.   Always thought it was ridiculous that we had to pay a BIG chunk of credits and still be penalized with a slower reload.

That made it useless for ships that needed it the most.   I put it on New Mexico yesterday, and it helped quite a bit.

Engine room protection is already on most DD's by default, as I normally put the engine upgrade on anyway.

I'll be swapping OUT the AA upgrade for something else- the new one just seems like a flat nerf.   At least in Co-op,  I rarely use priority sector- but increasing flak was always welcome.

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles
On 2/14/2020 at 6:12 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

Haven't had a lot of time to mess with the new upgrade modules but while it is free to demount them (of course still 100% full price to buy them so still $$$ to experiment :Smile_sceptic:) I have been trying a few things. So far...

• Engine Room Protection (slot 2): Have swapped out Damage Control System Mod 1 for the new ERP (combo engine/rudder) module on some DD's and like that so far. Might get a few more fires on me but the engine and rudder damage reduction/repair (-20%/+20%) combined I feel is an improvement over -%5 fires and -3% floods in a DD. Especially with how the bots break them over and over and over... I think ERP + Last Stand will be a very good combo for Co-op on DD's and the few Cruisers (lots of French, Yorck, etc...) that take a lot of damage to engine/rudder.  I like this new module. 
  • Main Battery Modification 2 (slot 3): THIS one I was excited for from the 1st day it was announced. +15% faster turrets with NO reload penalty. That is what kept me from using it barring the most extreme cases (Pensacola for instance). Just not worth longer reloads for Co-op where the games go fast and the action is close. But now...:cap_horn:. I have put it on a few IJN Cruisers and DD's that have awful turret rotation. They have more than acceptable accuracy without ASM1 so I believe the faster rotating guns will be an advantage. I am running it on the new BRN CA's T7+ and it drops the turret rotation time down under 20 sec including all the way down to 15.7 sec on the bigarse guns of the T9 and T10. It makes a HUGE difference in the close up brawling meta of Co-op. I also tried it on Kreml and I am not swapping ASM1 back in. NO WAY! I love it on Kreml. Honestly I saw no real change in accuracy dumping ASM1 (I know there was -7% but it is not discernable IMO) but those turrets swing like a Cruiser at just 26.9 sec now. I had a game where I was bow on tanking a charging GK in reverse and the rear turret could pretty much keep up swinging side to side as the GK zig zagged heading at me. In the end I was ready when it stayed to one side and tried to rush past and the rear guns were ready and helped take it out (they would have at best been straight back if not still on wrong side without MBM2!). MBM2 also has another benefit. It let's you forgo EM, thus saving 2 skill pts, in all but the most extreme cases. MBM2 might be the best of the new modules WG released.

Haven't had a chance really to look at/try out the rest but so far I like these 2 a lot. 

Most of my Captain's have "Last Stand" as a skill, so the ship will still move & steer (albeit at a penalty).  So I left Damage Control in place and had to swap out the engine room protection in several instances (while reviewing my ship's modules & upgrades, yesterday).

The removal of the reload-time-penalty for the increased turret rotation speed has made that upgrade module competitive. 
Certain ships definitely benefit from it.

When the ship's maximum range main battery range is about 16 km or less, the Torpedo improvement upgrade looks attractive for DD's and some other ships that need torpedoes to compliment their other firepower.

I'm looking forward to testing the decisions I made yesterday.

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles
On 2/14/2020 at 10:06 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, having multiple ships of the same hull makes for fun experimentation.  The ARP ships are good for that, along with their Captain's skills, too.  :-)

[WOLF8]
Members
7,644 posts
6,371 battles
On 2/14/2020 at 1:40 PM, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

The German DDs are another story.  Gaede / Z-23 have 8 deg/sec traverse, but I have already budgeted EM into their commanders.  Sadly when both mount the 150mm guns, it dramatically reduces the effectiveness of EM skill (2.5 down to 0.7 deg/sec boost).  They both have pretty low dispersion so no problem giving up ASM1, and MBM2 will boost their traverse by 1.2 deg/sec, but without ASM1 or TTM1 we lose the torpedo traverse buff.   Decisions, decisions...

This is the dilemma that I'm stuck with. What do I do with my German DD's? On one hand, they could use some help in turret traverse... but so is their torpedo speed. I'm leaning towards MBM2, since I like 150mm guns on some of them.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles
16 hours ago, Ironshroud said:

Tech Tree USN BBs by nature of having no access to ASM1 *at all* and the Tier IX-X ones that do have dispersion buffing for the main battery are via APRM2 in Slot 6.

Tech Tree USN BBs have garbage a.f. Secondaries to begin with.  MBM2 is quite viable.  It's when you get to the Secondaries Monsters like Massachusetts, Georgia, Ohio is where hard choices need to be made.  But those are Premiums.  The Tech Tree USN BBs have nothing approaching even respectable secondaries.  AAGM1 in Slot 3 isn't like what it used to, not when it was AAGM2 in that same slot during the Pre-CV Rework days.

Tier V New York all the way thru Tier X Montana.  MBM2 in Slot 3 for example.

For Tier IX-X, keep APRM2 or whatever.

Some of the Standard USN BBs of mid tiers really need the turret traverse buff but they may need the extra range also for Tier V-VI: 

Tier V New York, V Texas, VI New Mexico, VI Arizona are 60 seconds by themselves.  That is horrible.  MBM2 would reduce that to 52.2 seconds.  MBM2 + EM would reduce that to 43.4 seconds.

Tier VI West Virginia '41, VII Colorado, VIII North Carolina, IX Iowa, IX Missouri, and X Montana by themselves have 45 seconds turret traverse.  With MBM2 it improves to 39.1 seconds.  MBM2 + EM reduces that to 34 seconds.  I have some Cruisers with turret traverse around that time, unaided, i.e. some IJN CAs.

Tier VIII Alabama has 40 seconds.  MBM2 drops it to 34.8 seconds.  MBM2 + EM drops it to 30.6 seconds.

rdW9yfh.jpg

12 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

This is the dilemma that I'm stuck with. What do I do with my German DD's? On one hand, they could use some help in turret traverse... but so is their torpedo speed. I'm leaning towards MBM2, since I like 150mm guns on some of them.

The choice is easy for Tier IX Z46.  She is the first of the German DDs to get faster turret traverse times.  10 seconds by itself.  But slap on TTM1 and the torps go from 67 to 70kts.  But the other DDs prior to her, yeah, you got some tougher choices to make.  Z23 in Tier VIII has a turret traverse time of 22.5 seconds, unaided.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,644 posts
6,371 battles
40 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The choice is easy for Tier IX Z46.  She is the first of the German DDs to get faster turret traverse times.  10 seconds by itself.  But slap on TTM1 and the torps go from 67 to 70kts.  But the other DDs prior to her, yeah, you got some tougher choices to make.  Z23 in Tier VIII has a turret traverse time of 22.5 seconds, unaided.

You're right. I just noticed that too, while combing through some numbers in-game right now, lol. 

They all pretty much have over 20 seconds of turret traverse rate by default, between Tier VI and VIII... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

I have decided just now to give MBM2 to Gaede, L. Maass, Z-39, and Z-23. I like the 150mm guns, plus their torpedoes reload in a minute and a half, so I'd figure I'd use way more guns than torps, especially considering that I'm a PvE-only main and the Coop matches are generally very short.

On the other hand... I gave TTM1 to T-22 and T-61. Their torpedoes reload in just a tiny bit over a minute, which is roughly 33% faster than the aforementioned four ships. So I wanna see how it would feels like toying with faster torpedoes on these gals, lul. :Smile_hiding:

I don't have Z-46 (and Z-52) yet, but I can definitely see they're TTM1 materials. The default turret traverse rate of 10 seconds?? That's like a dreamy number... lal. 

I hope my choices aren't bad. I hope I can see and feel some improvements... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[TWE]
Members
168 posts
8,229 battles

I would also think that the Russkis and the British BBs would also benefit from MBM2. What say you all.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles
2 hours ago, Lyrkiller said:

I would also think that the Russkis and the British BBs would also benefit from MBM2. What say you all.

Since it's a Slot 3 item, this of course only concerns Tier V+, and that we're concerned about PVE:

RN Battleships - It's a bit problematic because just like USN BBs, they really can use the help of anything to reduce main battery dispersion.  Turret traverse gets a lot better once you hit KGV at Tier VII.  But mid tiered V Iron Duke and VI Queen Elizabeth have terrible turret traverse.

V Iron Duke & VI Queen Elizabeth have horrid 72 seconds traverse time.  MBM2 by itself reduces that to 62.6 seconds.  MBM2 + EM improves that to 50.3 seconds.

VII KGV, VII Nelson, VII Duke of York, VIII Monarch, IX Lion, X Conqueror have 45 seconds turret traverse, so I refer to my previous post with USN BBs having the same time.

VI Warspite has 54.4 seconds.

VII Hood, VIII Vanguard, and X Thunderer (sweet jeez for 457mm x8 guns) have 36 seconds.

What I am doing right now is a lot more varied with RN BBs compared to USN BBs.

My V Iron Duke, VI Warspite, VII Hood, VII Nelson, and VII Duke of York are actually in Secondary Spec.  Secondaries reach out to 6.5km for ID with the right build, FYI.  I also found to get a lot of use out of RN BB Secondaries in Narai.

My VI Queen Elizabeth is using MBM2 + EM.  Her Secondaries are terrible compared to Warspite.  QE really needs the traverse help.

VII KGV (Survival and Main Battery Build), VIII Monarch, VIII Vanguard, IX Lion I am keeping with ASM1.  Turret traverse is already reasonable.  Yes, MBM2 can help in that, but these specific RN BBs I keep at an arm's distance anyways from threats, so their adequate traverse time is fine.  But they can however use the accuracy.

IX Lion presents a bit of a conundrum.  I keep MBM3 and that worsens the traverse time to 51.3 seconds, which is bad.  However, I keep her at range to threats, and the captain has EM which improves the traverse to 43.1 seconds, which is now all the sudden quite doable, while still retaining the services of MBM3 to quicken the reload, and ASM1 to help in main battery accuracy.

For X Conqueror I use ASM1 + MBM3 + Legendary Upgrade.  I use Jack Dunkirk who also has an improved EM, so altogether, the turret traverse time is 36.5 seconds!

For X Thunderer, I swap the Conqueror captain between the two.  She also has the Conqueror Legendary Built in.  I use ASM1 + MBM3.  With that same Jack Dunkirk captain, the traverse time is 33.6 seconds with 22.9 seconds reload! :Smile_veryhappy:

Russian Battleships have some iffy, inconsistent traverse times as you go down the Line.  The only ones that can use help is Tier VI-VII.  The rest have actually good traverse times.  You can go a lot of different ways with this Line for PVE.

V Pyotr Velikiy is reasonable at 45 seconds, I don't have a problem with keeping ASM1.

But Tier VI thru VII you have some bad turret traverse times.

VI Izmail has bad 60 seconds traverse time.  However, for Ops, I have had great use out of her Secondary Spec in places like Raptor Rescue, Killer Whale.  But I can see people going the other way and taking MBM2 or ASM1.  MBM2 improves the traverse time to 52.2 seconds.  ASM1 or MBM2 are a lot more useful for Izmail in Aegis, or the latter half of Killer Whale.

VII Sinop = Narai Beast.  Secondary Spec for her has been very effective for me in that Operation.  I don't have EM, either, so I just deal with the 60 seconds traverse.

From Tier VIII on, the turret traverse goes to very reasonable or fantastic.

VIII Vladivostok has 45 seconds traverse time, which is pretty good.  I am an oddball and did Secondary Spec for her in PVE.

VIII Lenin has a ridiculously good 30 seconds.  This is one of the last BBs that needs EM.  I have her in Secondary Spec and share the same captain with Kremlin on her.

IX Sovetsky Soyuz has already decent traverse time.  I got her with ASM1 and MBM3, no EM trait.  Traverse is 34.5 seconds.

X Kremlin I actually have in Secondary Spec, but MBM3 is slotted in Slot 6.  No EM trait, traverse is also 34.5 seconds with the Victor Znamensky captain.

I'm very wary about changing too much with my RU BBs.  The only one I can see myself changing is VI Izmail to a Main Battery build.  The rest I don't want to change, especially VII Sinop.  Another reason I'm not too hot on drastically changing builds is that there is no Free Captain Respec to go with the updated Upgrades.  For example, I'd like to try Main Battery - Survival Build Vladivostok, but since she's Secondary Spec, I don't want to change anything.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,644 posts
6,371 battles

@HazeGrayUnderway, if it's not too much trouble, would it be alright to ask you for your opinion on the IJN BB's?

On one hand, too many BB's suffer from bad turret traverse rates, but at same time their accuracy isn't stellar either, so ASM1 still seems like a strong choice to stay with.

I heard that the IJN BB's have some of the best accuracy among the BB's, but I feel like it's actually a bit of a misnomer. Maybe it actually means they just miss less? I still feel like the accuracy is very important. Thus, I feel like I'm compelled to keep the ASM1 on my IJN BB's.

However, at the same time, the change to MBM2 seemed to have open up some interesting ideas for Coop players, as it's pretty much a norm to get into frequent brawling/jousting against the red bots. I feel like the turret traverse has more impact than the improved accuracy in this case, since such fights happen mostly at close-to-mid ranges and I'd figure all the angling and juking will throw the aim off a lot. That's just me though... and I wish we had more time for the free demounts, because I simply don't have enough time to test out every single thing that I want to try out.

As matter of fact, I'm thinking of switching all non-Secondary BB's (i.e. non-German and non-French) in my port to MBM2, because of it. But it feels so hard to let go of ASM1... maybe it's just a habit? LOL. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,644 posts
6,371 battles

Has anyone tried the Aerial Torpedoes Modification 1 for the CV's? Is it worth it? Or is it better to just stick with Torpedo Bomber Modification 1? I'm mainly curious about the Tier VI CV's for the Operations, since the Ops are pretty much the only places where the CV's can consistently do well for the PvE.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this