You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shoggoth_pinup

If you could buff just one ship...

79 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,811 battles

...What would it be, what problem requires a buff, how would you fix it, and why is that reasonable?

Personally, I'm torn between Viribus Unitis and Danae, not to mention feel Yubari and Kuma could use a look at. But, as one of the two more pressing ships is a tech tree ship, I'll focus instead on Danae.

Ship: Danae

Problem: Her citadel deck is overmatched by 127mm DD HE shells, rockets, HE bombs, and just about anything that isn't sad in its own right. This results in CVs being able to do horrible things to her, and her actually hoping you do fire AP at her. This is a problem faced by Kuma and Yubari, but infinitely worse, as Danae's armor 

Fix: I have two idea on how one could fix this ship. Either eliminate the problem by making a good chunk of her deck not be a 19mm citadel (could even place a paper-thin 1mm layer on top and I'd not bat an eye, as she'd be better armored that way.), or simply give her smoke. The former would be preferable, but the latter almost turns her into a pre-buff Emerald. Of course, both is also an option, but then she may be too strong.

Why: I feel that a lot of the problem with CVs in lower tier isn't necessarily the CVs themselves, but that most ships can't deal with them and some ships are disproportionately punished by them. The armor buff solves Danae's biggest fear: HE citadels, something I honestly feel is silly to even allow, but that's a different issue.

If CVs can't citadel ships like Danae, Kuma and Yubari with HE, I feel that this would not only improve the enjoyment in the early tiers of those lines, but go a long way towards returning Yubari to being the king of AA at T4, as she can be cit with HE bombs quite easily due to the giant surface area of her deck, taking off most of her health with all of Langley's bombs from a single drop, assuming they all hit her cit.

Crappit. I was supposed to focus on just Danae! Uhh... ...ignore that commentary on the poor armor of the bonus ships?

Members
1,460 posts
10,242 battles

Give P.E.F the Bayern's turning circle

Not really a problem, doesn't need fix...but it would be nice.

(you asked)

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[SIM]
Members
5,582 posts
9,008 battles

I'd slap about 2,000 more HP onto Viribus Unitis, and give it the 60/40 second repair party cooldown timer as found on Massachusetts and Gascogne.

• Cool 4

[MLPVA]
Members
351 posts
4,013 battles
14 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Give P.E.F the Bayern's turning circle

Not really a problem, doesn't need fix...but it would be nice.

(you asked)

I've never had a problem with the PEF's turning circle myself. My main beef with her is her absolutely abysmal main battery traverse speed. Yeah, her gun reload isn't the best, her accuracy is give and take at the best of times, and her AP penetration is downright trollish, but I can overlook all that. Her main battery traverse is so poor she can throw off her own lock in a hard turn, and that's just frustrating. Please buff her turret traverse, WeeGee.

Members
1,460 posts
10,242 battles
4 minutes ago, Mad_Moff said:

I've never had a problem with the PEF's turning circle myself. My main beef with her is her absolutely abysmal main battery traverse speed. Yeah, her gun reload isn't the best, her accuracy is give and take at the best of times, and her AP penetration is downright trollish, but I can overlook all that. Her main battery traverse is so poor she can throw off her own lock in a hard turn, and that's just frustrating. Please buff her turret traverse, WeeGee.

Hmm... I never had a problem with the main battery. PEF's accuracy has always been very good to me since the day I got it. Never understood why it's so inaccurate for everyone else. Giving PEF the Bayern's turning circle would just be a nice quality of life buff. 800 meter down to 630 meter turning circle would feel pretty nice.

Thread asked what I would buff if I could...well that's what I'd pick. *shrugs*

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
39 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

...What would it be, what problem requires a buff, how would you fix it, and why is that reasonable?

Ship: Mikasa

Problem: She's garbage.

Fix: Either buff the range of her secondary guns or give her the option to mount Aiming Systems Modification 0. Currently only three ships can mount this upgrade: Iwaki Alpha, Katori and Yubari, one of which is already overpowered. Thus I don't see why a garbage bote can't mount it either. Heck even the Secondary Battery Modification 1 upgrade would be better than nothing.

Why: Mikasa is still the only pre-dreadnought BB in the entire game and, like all other low tier ships, she has been neglected far long enough.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

The T9 and TX German BB's are utter trash. They need another 1.5km secondary range to give them an actual difference to another tech tree, and some reduced fire chance & lower cooldowns on healing & damcon.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles

I would buff Smolensk. Give her another 25 mm of hull armor...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Roma - tighten dispersion.

Viribus Unitus - move to tier 4.

Yahagi - increase range by 1km and improve ROF by 1.5 seconds.

After that... uh... I kind of wish Indianapolis wasn't so lousy.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Repulse
  • Funny 1

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,522 battles

The Phoenix (USN tier IV) is remarkably under whelming. Give the wretched ship some guns, for heavens sake.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
188 posts
18,816 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Damn you beat me to it.....

[SRPH]
Members
111 posts
1,805 battles

What V Viribus Unitis needs most is to have all of its small guns able to function as DP guns. Its AA is horrendous for T5. But its guns are good for tier. 

The buff I’d like to see is to VII Duca degli Abruzzi, to do something about it being an automatic citadel shot anytime any shell over 139mm hits it from nearly any angle and any range. Unless you’re constantly kiting away at full speed, you’re dead when engaging anything other than a DD, and some of those 127mm machine guns can wear you out in just a few shots. Its 15km gun range means it can’t shoot at anything that can’t wear it out with one hit in return. Giving the commander Concealment Expert helps, for any Abruzzi captains out there with a ten point captain thinking about a fourth tier skill. 

• Cool 1

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
687 posts
24,822 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

that would actually nerf her....

you heard nothing.

• Funny 1

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

AA range is small and the radar wants you to get close. I propose we give Indianapolis little boy so when she goes boom, the surrounding ships feel it too. May even net four kills in one stroke. :Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles

ROMA!!!!! 

What? Fix the :etc_swear: main guns so you can actually hit something and do more than overpen when you are lucky enough to hit.

How? Improve dispersion elipse and/or sigma and either reduce muzzle velocity or shorten the AP fuse. Either that or drop reload down to like 24 sec so you can shoot more often. SOMETHING!!! :Smile-angry:

I spent a LOT of money on the ship and Kobayashi came so I would have a good T8 that earns well. I ended up however with a gold plated turd of a port queen

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Give Pensacola back it’s turret traverse

This in spades

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles

HOOD: All it needs is to be given Warspite's shells.

QUEEN LIZ: decrease turret traverse to Warspite's levels.

MONARCH: increase gun range, and increase fire chance to be more in line with the rest of the British BBs.

VANGUARD: lower the citadel.

NEPTUNE: decrease detection to be in line with Edinburgh and Minotaur.

JERVIS: lower the detection by 0.2

ALL THE RN CA: more range and lower reload needed.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,161 posts
22,715 battles

Ship: Belfast

Problem: She has no defense against ships charging her in her smoke. 

Fix: Give her torpedoes. Better yet, add a Heal.

Why: She can't sit in smoke and pew pew totally unmolested...

• Funny 3
  • Confused 1