Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrandAdmiral_2016

Research Bureau Line Reset Tips

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

860
[HELLS]
Members
2,753 posts
29,511 battles

The double bonus Research Bureau reset is pending next week. Since I have re-ground two lines for the double bonus to get RB tokens. I was debating which line to do next ( I am looking at getting one of the two RB special ships). I settled on the USN CL line. Since WG has given us a week to reconfigure ships by demounting upgrades for free instead of doubloons, now is the time to strip ship on your selected regrind line because it Is free. Since demounted upgrades go to your inventory, you save significant credits by recycling from your inventory once you have obtained the next ship in the line you are regrinding.

Step 1: Send your captains to reserve. Even better, park them in your premium  trainers and grind them up some while you are grinding back their old ships. No need to dismiss good sailors!

Step 2: Demount all of your upgrades from Slot 1 to slot 6 for each ship (depends on tier of course). They will go straight into your inventory. Don't sell them because you will need them when you get the ships back

Step 3: Demount any flags and permacammos. The permacammos (which you either won or paid cash for-doubloons cost real money) will be in your inventory and will show up in the game when you get the ship back.

Step 4: If you are doubloon rich (I never am), convert your ship XP to free XP, as much as you think reasonable without breaking your gaming budget, because once you elect to reset, you lose all unconverted ship XP if you do not convert beforehand. That may shorten the grind a bit.

Step 5: For Tiers 1 to 4, regrind in Co-op. It goes quickly enough at low tiers that it is not penalizing your regular game play.

Step 6: For Tier 5 and up, it goes faster in Randoms or Operations, but if time is not a factor, Co-op is always there.

I reground the IJN gunboat line almost exclusively in Co-op with the first double bonus round, and am about to finish up the RN BB line in Co-op in the second double bonus round as well. It pays to play Randoms when WG gives us a 100% or 200% first win bonus in XP to speed things up. Just a few thoughts, folks.

I know not everyone likes the Research Bureau setup because it can become a resource hog on your gaming budgets, but it can still be done at a reasonable cost. if you are a patient person, cost can be zero. These tips might help.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,791
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,363 posts
22,158 battles

When you reset a line, all modules are de-mounted for free.

All captains go to reserve. If you don't have enough spots for them, WG gives them a temporary berth at no cost.easiest as far as experience grind is IJN gunboat line. They require the fewest EXP to reach T10.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
929
[CO-OP]
Members
2,308 posts
26,805 battles

If all of your ships in the tree are fully researched (i.e. are "elite ships,) you do not lose any XP.  All of the elite XP will be automatically transferred to the tier 1 ship in the tree (e.g. Erie if you're resetting the USN CL tree.)

@GrandAdmiral_2016, since you're going to reset the USN light cruiser line, why not also reset the USN heavy cruiser line, too.  You're regrinding the Omaha anyways, and you don't start earning RPs until tier 6.  This is the ideal situation of getting the best return without having to regrind from the start.  By doing this you get an additional 10K points.  This is what I am doing (up to tier 9 in both CL, and CA lines.)  This also gives you the option to take the other ship into battle if you get send to port early.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
860
[HELLS]
Members
2,753 posts
29,511 battles
12 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

If all of your ships in the tree are fully researched (i.e. are "elite ships,) you do not lose any XP.  All of the elite XP will be automatically transferred to the tier 1 ship in the tree (e.g. Erie if you're resetting the USN CL tree.)

@GrandAdmiral_2016, since you're going to reset the USN light cruiser line, why not also reset the USN heavy cruiser line, too.  You're regrinding the Omaha anyways, and you don't start earning RPs until tier 6.  This is the ideal situation of getting the best return without having to regrind from the start.  By doing this you get an additional 10K points.  This is what I am doing (up to tier 9 in both CL, and CA lines.)  This also gives you the option to take the other ship into battle if you get send to port early.

They all are elite ships with minimum 14-point captains. Got enough USN premium cruisers to stay busy during the grind and my T10 cruiser captains are 19-pointers. Not a bad idea at all. Just might do that if the double bonus comes up twice! My Erie has 36,000 ship XP as it is before the reset, which gets me to Omaha if I convert to FXP. Gonna take a hard look at conversion costs in doubloons for this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
14 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

The double bonus Research Bureau reset is pending next week. Since I have re-ground two lines for the double bonus to get RB tokens. I was debating which line to do next ( I am looking at getting one of the two RB special ships). I settled on the USN CL line. Since WG has given us a week to reconfigure ships by demounting upgrades for free instead of doubloons, now is the time to strip ship on your selected regrind line because it Is free. Since demounted upgrades go to your inventory, you save significant credits by recycling from your inventory once you have obtained the next ship in the line you are regrinding.

Wrong - Step 1: Send your captains to reserve. Even better, park them in your premium  trainers and grind them up some while you are grinding back their old ships. No need to dismiss good sailors!

Wrong - Step 2: Demount all of your upgrades from Slot 1 to slot 6 for each ship (depends on tier of course). They will go straight into your inventory. Don't sell them because you will need them when you get the ships back

Wrong - Step 3: Demount any flags and permacammos. The permacammos (which you either won or paid cash for-doubloons cost real money) will be in your inventory and will show up in the game when you get the ship back.

Wrong - Step 4: If you are doubloon rich (I never am), convert your ship XP to free XP, as much as you think reasonable without breaking your gaming budget, because once you elect to reset, you lose all unconverted ship XP if you do not convert beforehand. That may shorten the grind a bit.

Step 5: For Tiers 1 to 4, regrind in Co-op. It goes quickly enough at low tiers that it is not penalizing your regular game play.

Step 6: For Tier 5 and up, it goes faster in Randoms or Operations, but if time is not a factor, Co-op is always there.

I reground the IJN gunboat line almost exclusively in Co-op with the first double bonus round, and am about to finish up the RN BB line in Co-op in the second double bonus round as well. It pays to play Randoms when WG gives us a 100% or 200% first win bonus in XP to speed things up. Just a few thoughts, folks.

I know not everyone likes the Research Bureau setup because it can become a resource hog on your gaming budgets, but it can still be done at a reasonable cost. if you are a patient person, cost can be zero. These tips might help.

Step 1. You don't need to do this - captain sent to reserve upon reset of line automatically

Step 2. You don't need to do this - all upgrades (including legendary - tested on USN CA line) demounted automatically and for free

Step 3. You don't need to do this - all flags and camo demounted automatically and for free

Step 4. You don't need to do this - all XP fo your ships in line is not lost. It goes to Tier I ship of that line.

Step 5. You can do in randoms. Normally if you got to TX going through T2-4 (you don't need to go through T1 really) is pleasant walk no matter ship line.

Step 6. Why would you do this in Co-op eludes me. The only reason would be - if you plan to play always in Co-op. Because it is easy mode which have nothing to do with random tactics and pain. Co-op will not prepare you for real encounter and it will train your reflexes wrong. 

 

Otherwise I agree

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
860
[HELLS]
Members
2,753 posts
29,511 battles
5 hours ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

Step 1. You don't need to do this - captain sent to reserve upon reset of line automatically

Step 2. You don't need to do this - all upgrades (including legendary - tested on USN CA line) demounted automatically and for free

Step 3. You don't need to do this - all flags and camo demounted automatically and for free

Step 4. You don't need to do this - all XP fo your ships in line is not lost. It goes to Tier I ship of that line.

Step 5. You can do in randoms. Normally if you got to TX going through T2-4 (you don't need to go through T1 really) is pleasant walk no matter ship line.

Step 6. Why would you do this in Co-op eludes me. The only reason would be - if you plan to play always in Co-op. Because it is easy mode which have nothing to do with random tactics and pain. Co-op will not prepare you for real encounter and it will train your reflexes wrong. 

 

Otherwise I agree

Check back on the number of random games I have under my belt. My profile is public. I play randoms, ops and even ranked battles when I have the time to do so, otherwise it's co-op. But you are correct in one sense, in that the ship XP accrues to the T1 gunboat. Even if she is sold out (and all of mine were except Black Swan) it still accrues and can be converted-if you're a millionaire. That is the trap in all of this. Most of us just cannot afford to convert accrued ship XP for a reset, which is what WG wants us to do. The point of aim is your wallet and mine!

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
34 posts
1,688 battles
On 2/13/2020 at 9:34 PM, HamptonRoads said:

If all of your ships in the tree are fully researched (i.e. are "elite ships,) you do not lose any XP.  All of the elite XP will be automatically transferred to the tier 1 ship in the tree (e.g. Erie if you're resetting the USN CL tree.)

@GrandAdmiral_2016, since you're going to reset the USN light cruiser line, why not also reset the USN heavy cruiser line, too.  You're regrinding the Omaha anyways, and you don't start earning RPs until tier 6.  This is the ideal situation of getting the best return without having to regrind from the start.  By doing this you get an additional 10K points.  This is what I am doing (up to tier 9 in both CL, and CA lines.)  This also gives you the option to take the other ship into battle if you get send to port early.

The USN light cruiser looks like the lowest XP cost line to reset (of ALL nations and types of lines) and you don't lose the Heavy Cruisers when you do it.  I like the Des Moines so I don't reset that line and keep dedicated 10+ pt captains (and camouflage) for each of the tech tree ships on the light cruiser line as I XP by them.

I'm able to keep the heavy line for Clan Battles etc while grinding the the light ones... 'tis the only reason I don't do the heavy line at the same time although it is a good idea.  I did the USN Carriers also and that doesn't return as many research points it is worth due to the skipped levels.

Good luck regardless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[PPNA2]
Members
517 posts
6,717 battles

When did this double bonus this round started and when will be the next double bonus stat?

I got the Ohio last December and what to start now for another ship.

Edited by TwoLate51
Added Ohio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[NOCAP]
Members
60 posts
13,862 battles
 
 
 
 
On 2/14/2020 at 8:11 AM, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

Step 6. Why would you do this in Co-op eludes me.

If you FXP to T10 (takes about 679,000 for IJN Gunboat line), after I re-roll a few times...I only buy them on the last time (5 is the most I've done).   Then I play 1 Coop for the win and the RB points.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,399
[SOV]
Members
5,084 posts
On 2/13/2020 at 8:17 PM, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

The double bonus Research Bureau reset is pending next week. Since I have re-ground two lines for the double bonus to get RB tokens. I was debating which line to do next ( I am looking at getting one of the two RB special ships). I settled on the USN CL line. Since WG has given us a week to reconfigure ships by demounting upgrades for free instead of doubloons, now is the time to strip ship on your selected regrind line because it Is free. Since demounted upgrades go to your inventory, you save significant credits by recycling from your inventory once you have obtained the next ship in the line you are regrinding.

Step 1: Send your captains to reserve. Even better, park them in your premium  trainers and grind them up some while you are grinding back their old ships. No need to dismiss good sailors!

Step 2: Demount all of your upgrades from Slot 1 to slot 6 for each ship (depends on tier of course). They will go straight into your inventory. Don't sell them because you will need them when you get the ships back

Step 3: Demount any flags and permacammos. The permacammos (which you either won or paid cash for-doubloons cost real money) will be in your inventory and will show up in the game when you get the ship back.

Step 4: If you are doubloon rich (I never am), convert your ship XP to free XP, as much as you think reasonable without breaking your gaming budget, because once you elect to reset, you lose all unconverted ship XP if you do not convert beforehand. That may shorten the grind a bit.

Step 5: For Tiers 1 to 4, regrind in Co-op. It goes quickly enough at low tiers that it is not penalizing your regular game play.

Step 6: For Tier 5 and up, it goes faster in Randoms or Operations, but if time is not a factor, Co-op is always there.

I reground the IJN gunboat line almost exclusively in Co-op with the first double bonus round, and am about to finish up the RN BB line in Co-op in the second double bonus round as well. It pays to play Randoms when WG gives us a 100% or 200% first win bonus in XP to speed things up. Just a few thoughts, folks.

I know not everyone likes the Research Bureau setup because it can become a resource hog on your gaming budgets, but it can still be done at a reasonable cost. if you are a patient person, cost can be zero. These tips might help.

You get like 1k so if yiur lucky in co op. How or why did you do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×