You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EmpressK

Prem CV?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
31 posts
1,520 battles

I've always wanted a Prem CV but never got one and with my recent return I have a 30% coupon allowing me to make it a cheap buy. I want to know if it's worth having one though, I worry about it with how things have been going on in wowship and with WG.

What do you think? I may never get another chance to get one and sadly Enterprise is not up for grabs but Kaga is. 

Edit: The question wasn't which one to get but if getting one at all was advisable, but given that people are suggesting to get X or Y I am going to assume for them getting one is fine.

Edit: doesn't matter now thanks.

Edited by EmpressK

[5D4]
Members
36 posts
7,428 battles

Get the m ark royal if it's available.  It's a great CV that is still competive even if your bottom tier plus it's inexpensive.

Beta Testers
31 posts
1,520 battles

I heard it's only really good for ops and co op. I don't know how painful it will be to me with the slow planes.

Anyway it's not so much about which to get but if getting one is a good idea.

Edited by EmpressK

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,348 posts
22,147 battles

Don't get Saipan,  high skill level and low hanger numbers.

Kaga is user friendly. 

British are real nice.

[GRETA]
Members
1,249 posts
10,123 battles
21 minutes ago, EmpressK said:

I heard it's only really good for ops and co op. I don't know how painful it will be to me with the slow planes.

Anyway it's not so much about which to get but if getting one is a good idea.

Ark Royal is great in randoms as long as you are not bottom tier.  Her slow planes make it really easy to make accurate and repeated drops so long as the AA is not too strong.  She is also amazing in operations and the only premium that can be used in operations at the moment. 

If you are going for T8 I would suggest the Kaga.  She is by far the most forgiving of all of them due to her massive hangar and fast plane regeneration.   

If you like CV's get one.  I doubt any more major changes are going to happen to them any more.  There are proposed changes that will stop slingshot dropping but that will only affect those that have been abusing that mechanic.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

Beta Testers
31 posts
1,520 battles
1 minute ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Ark Royal is great in randoms as long as you are not bottom tier.  Her slow planes make it really easy to make accurate and repeated drops so long as the AA is not too strong.  She is also amazing in operations and the only premium that can be used in operations at the moment. 

If you are going for T8 I would suggest the Kaga.  She is by far the most forgiving of all of them due to her massive hangar and fast plane regeneration.   

AA seems to of been buffed recently as lately my games in lower tier have changed. Since Ark Royal is so lower price I may get her at a later date and use the coupon on one that isn't to make it near the same price as Ark Royal itself.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
31 posts
1,520 battles

Looking further it just feels like the majority don't like Ark Royal other than for ops with some having buyers remorse. but as I said above maybe get her way down the line. even though the idea of a lower tier prem cv sounds nice

[ERK]
Members
38 posts
36,343 battles

I have all of them and the Ark Royal is fun and can deal a lot of damage due to the extra torps.  Her dive bombers start a lot of fires and the torp bombers get narrower enough to kill a dd.  Don't expect high damage in a short game but the longer a game last the damage is significantly accelerated and more kills because damage control parties are gone or held till the last minute and the AA on ships has been partially destroyed.  It all depends on your play style.  US are a balance except for Enterprise, Japanese have great DB that get multiple cits, British can torp or dive bomb from more angles, and stay away from German CV unless you want to build for secondary ship or have a high skill captain that just doesn't fit anywhere else..  They also don't help upgrade anything since there is only 2 German CVs  Graf Zep and Graf Zep Black.  Hope this helps

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
265 posts
5,019 battles

If you play world of warships enough, then I would say buy one.  No point of buying something you don't use right? 

Now which one to buy is up to you.  I would do research make a decision for whats available.

[NUWES]
Members
3,285 posts
11,856 battles

I agree with the consensus on Kaga. Ark Royal is fine and I like it a lot, but Kaga is T8. If you do operations a lot Ark Royal is probably more valuable though since she is T6. They are both fairly forgiving to use provided they are not uptiered. Saipan is the most powerful of the remaining carriers that are still available but she is an unforgivingig carrier to use. Graf Zeppelin and Indomitable are not particularly powerful and are also unforgiving to use. None of them uptier well either.