Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Service Cost reduction

4 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,746 battles

Took my Montana out for her maiden voyage, hit middle of the pack, lost 95K. The service cost is  flat 120k just to put to sea really? Base the service cost on the amount of damage received I.e. if Half damage then 60K and then add or subtract credits. if sunk then the full amount applied. At that rate it does not benefit to run at a negative But such is the way of the Farce in the WOW universe.

[POP]
Members
4,748 posts
12,813 battles

For a while service costs were based on damage taken, but it was changed a couple years back because it encouraged camping and passive play (even more so than now).

Service costs are so high at t10 because it incentivizes buying permacamos and premium time, as well as making people buy high tier premiums or play lower tiers to farm credits to finance high tier play. 

For t10, unless you’re running a t10 special ship or the permacamo and/or premium (one or the other with a good game or both with an average game), you should break even or make credits in randoms but will lose credits running co-op. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,934 battles
52 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

Took my Montana out for her maiden voyage, hit middle of the pack, lost 95K. The service cost is  flat 120k just to put to sea really? Base the service cost on the amount of damage received I.e. if Half damage then 60K and then add or subtract credits. if sunk then the full amount applied. At that rate it does not benefit to run at a negative But such is the way of the Farce in the WOW universe.

As @MidnightPhoenix07 said, service cost is a flat fee now. When it was damage based, people would camp to try and save credits. Here's the wiki on service cost.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Service_Cost

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,746 battles

Ok then I will moor her at the mothball fleet, and now don't have to grind any more , no reason to get T10 ships, that I cannot afford to run. The Yamato was just within my reach,    Oh well will be retiring all my ships that will have subs in their level;

Sign in to follow this