You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ado1fCarsar

soo how much do legendary upgrades cost in research points?

35 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,190 posts
5,624 battles
4 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

arent they supposed to be for sale for RP now?

You can no longer begin the missions for them, but there is a 1 update layover for then to enter the RB. They come in ~4 weeks with update 9.3

As for price, we dont know yet. 1 full regrind (10k) makes sense to me, but I would not be suprised if they go for more (12,500 or 15,000)

[RLGN]
Members
15,196 posts
26,846 battles
5 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

You can no longer begin the missions for them...

Which of course is why I pushed through to Khaba, FdG, Shima, Yammy, and with just 5-10 minute left when the game finished, Zao, before the reset.

[X-PN]
Members
612 posts
7,300 battles

I was going to get the Yamato one but I got bored and stopped playing amagi. I currently have the one for Zao, Grozovoi and Moskva.

[WOLF6]
Members
201 posts
8,576 battles

Congratulations, you grinded to tier 10! What's that? You want a different way to play your shiney new boat? Well, *rubs hands together* just grind that boat again, two to three more times, and we will give you this single item you can shove into that boat to make it play differently! 

You're welcome.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[AK]
Beta Testers
481 posts
14,099 battles

The concern I have is not for me, but for that person that gets their 1st shiny new t10 ship and realize that they need 4 more to get access to the RB which has their UU they wanted. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,128 posts
11,822 battles
15 minutes ago, Seloth said:

The concern I have is not for me, but for that person that gets their 1st shiny new t10 ship and realize that they need 4 more to get access to the RB which has their UU they wanted. 

In most cases there not even worth all this crying . What's funny is if they gave them to us then people would say they suck . 

[AK]
Beta Testers
481 posts
14,099 battles

Some are useful in the current states, and I agree Clammboy. I am waiting to see the Kremlins that lowers the reload time, tightens the dispersion, makes the turrets even faster for the "cost" of lowering your he fire change on main guns only

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,854 posts
17,474 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

In most cases there not even worth all this crying . What's funny is if they gave them to us then people would say they suck . 

lol

I have the Gearing and Montana UU's. I tried the Gearing then took it off for two reasons. T10 is radarland. When dealing with 10km and 12km radar. What huge difference will it make? Second, it cuts down on reload time. Major negative.

Montana recently got buffed with it's heal, I suppose the buffed heal with it's UU might give you enough time to swing your guns around and "Flesh Wound" that CL(S) that is napalming you to death. 

I've decided to give cruisers a rest so probably won't get the DM or Worcester UU's which is sad. I've read the DM's is the only one worth perusing in the USN line.

The Midway's is like a practical joke. You can get it. But it doesn't count lol 

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,128 posts
11,822 battles

I finally got it got for the GK its apples and oranges it doesn't really help much if at all . I will say a few look interesting like the Republic reload booster but most are nothing to talk about maybe the Des Moines too .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,128 posts
11,822 battles
1 hour ago, Seloth said:

Some are useful in the current states, and I agree Clammboy. I am waiting to see the Kremlins that lowers the reload time, tightens the dispersion, makes the turrets even faster for the "cost" of lowering your he fire change on main guns only

Well that sounds like a good deal because who in there right mind uses HE in a Kremlin .

Edited by clammboy

Members
3,111 posts
12,464 battles
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I will say a few look interesting like the Republic

Let me put your curiosity to rest, I have tried on multiple occasions to make Republique UU work for me, but the loss of gun range is too high of a price to pay for extra DPM.  More often than not I am missing on many volleys when my target gets out of range, so a little extra DPM up close is not making up for the lost damage.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,444 posts
12,402 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Oh, but WG also plans to rework the LM/UUs, making them more appealing. 

maybe we'll get lucky and that rework will go just as well as the CV one did, ie, all the upgrades end up sucking

• Confused 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,128 posts
11,822 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

Let me put your curiosity to rest, I have tried on multiple occasions to make Republique UU work for me, but the loss of gun range is too high of a price to pay for extra DPM.  More often than not I am missing on many volleys when my target gets out of range, so a little extra DPM up close is not making up for the lost damage.

It figures I have the mission I just started it . I just went and looked at the UU your right 18% faster reload but the other main mod 2 is giving you 12% faster reload so its really only an increase of 6% and you lose all that range too so I guess it's not worth it .This is what I was saying these UUs aren't worth the uproar nobody really wanted them till they changed the way to get them .  

Members
222 posts
9,987 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

This is the worst idea they ever had........ so not appealing, I don't want to regrind lines!

Preachin to the choir man :(

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,128 posts
11,822 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

This is the worst idea they ever had........ so not appealing, I don't want to regrind lines!

Me either and it would take a lot more than a UU to get me to do it .

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Not really sure what was so wrong with the original system.  Moving it to the research bureau means that to get them, you will have to play other ships instead if the one you want it on.

Redo the upgrades so they are all good and useful, and just leave the original system of getting them alone.

[SALVO]
Members
25,874 posts
28,228 battles
2 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Dasboot, while I can sympathize with the desire to not regrind lines, let me give you something consider.

One of the things that I hate about the UU missions is having to play the same bleeping ship time after time after time just to earn one UU.  To me, it's boring as all hell to have to play a seemingly endless string of battles in, let's say, my Moskva just to get the Moskva's UU.  The upside of doing it through the Research Bureau is that you can earn a UU presumably by playing pretty much any line or lines of ships to earn the RB points.  Now, you may not find playing a single tier 10 ship constantly to that ship's UU boring, I do, and I'm pretty sure that a lot of others do as well.

And (assuming that the cost of a single UU is the cost of a single line regrind), I think that I can suffer through regrinding a single line to earn a single UU, since it's more interesting to me than having to play the same tier 10 ship for months to get it done.

[SALVO]
Members
25,874 posts
28,228 battles
31 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Not really sure what was so wrong with the original system.  Moving it to the research bureau means that to get them, you will have to play other ships instead if the one you want it on.

Redo the upgrades so they are all good and useful, and just leave the original system of getting them alone.

What was wrong with the current/original system is that it's BORING as hell to play the same tier 10 ship for weeks or months just to get that ship's UU.

[SALVO]
Members
25,874 posts
28,228 battles
2 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

What's a 'legendary' module. There is nothing called (or remotely performs) like that in the game. There are only UNIQUE Upgrades.

Actually, I think that WG initially called them "legendary" before they named them "unique".