Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ItsSubmersible

Ocean Map!

7 comments in this topic

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

I think I have only played like twice on the Ocean map for the past year or so. I have had it 3 times already today! This is a GREAT map! Move or die!

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,162 posts
15,392 battles

yeah got it last night...you should have heard the wails on one end and the joy on the other end...and a very fun match!!  So refreshing not to have to watch for islands, or ships behind islands or island magnets eating shells or.....

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Ocean should be mandatory for every tier across the board.

Pride, I love the Ocean map, but I think that it's too big for mid tiers and too small for the high tiers.

What I'd love to see is two versions of Ocean.  One sized for the mid tiers and one sized for high tiers.  I don't know that I'd use Ocean for the truly LOW tiers, i.e. battle tiers 4 and below.

Also, what I'd like to see is for the Ocean map have a usage rate equal to the most used maps at each battle tier.  It doesn't need to show up 1/2 or 1/4 of the time.  Just as often as other commonly seen maps would be fine by me.

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Pride, I love the Ocean map, but I think that it's too big for mid tiers and too small for the high tiers.

What I'd love to see is two versions of Ocean.  One sized for the mid tiers and one sized for high tiers.  I don't know that I'd use Ocean for the truly LOW tiers, i.e. battle tiers 4 and below.

Also, what I'd like to see is for the Ocean map have a usage rate equal to the most used maps at each battle tier.  It doesn't need to show up 1/2 or 1/4 of the time.  Just as often as other commonly seen maps would be fine by me.

I would love to take the Kongo out on this one. Hopefully it starts showing up down there too.

Members
616 posts
4,388 battles

I think the first time I played Ocean was in a Cleveland, not exactly my favorite ship there.  I spent the whole first part of the match shooting and ducking back into concealment, trying to stay alive until more of the red ships were dead.  But yeah, it should be in the rotation more often than it is.  I know there are some Captains that absolutely hate the map, and it is a different kind of challenge for sure.

Members
991 posts
11,228 battles

The only time I can recall playing on Ocean was one of my very first matches in Buffalo.  I slotted MBM3 instead of GFCSM1 so I was one of those who were wailing in that match.   :-(      Short-ranged cruisers without speed boost are hard-pressed to do well on Ocean.

What I would like is for all of the regular maps to lose a bit of island mass.  We could certainly do with some more open water across the board.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this