Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

MM suggestion

65 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

349
[-ICE-]
Members
470 posts

Seems like lots of chatter about the MM and uneven teams and im sure its been going on well b4 I came. Here is something that you (wow) can consider.  When I feel I was just screwed by a higher experianced player I go look at there profiles and with one quick look I know if what just happened was a jurk off of huge experiance  and advanced ships coming down to beat on newbies. Why not group the randoms on percentages so if a player of huge experiance (even if he starts over to make it look like he is newbie) grabs his invisable DD or any ship for that matter, and say that ships winning % is 70% which lots of them are, and his ship sink rate is up and whatever else you might choose to LOOK at to pick the teams group the individual with other of the same higher percentage players not with the poor new people who have there game in the 40%  and low ship sinks ect ect.   Dont just look at any t5 DD put with t5 newbies.  IDK if this is even possable for the MM to do but it would make sense to group the exp players with other exp players not with people who are truely learning.  and again one look and it will tell you who is truely a newbie      The people try to hide what they are doing but CANT hide their percentages.    

One more thing that fits into all of this mess.  Newbies are having a problem even in coops. WHY you ask? The exp players are now flooding coops also soon as the bell rings they are stealing every dam point and cap available.  There has been coop matches I nearly get blanked because fast ships stealing all the points.  I was in a Carrier to practice with it (it was given to me) almost never took it in random, but there is games in coop even with that i cant get anything let alone practice because this very thing i just pointed out.   IDK what to say about all this   

Im gonna chill from the forums after today, im not a political person and the forums make you that way.  (-:  

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,096
[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles

At close to 3k games, you aren't really a newbie anymore. Once you hit T5, you're out of the kiddie pool.

And if you look up enough people, you'll begin to notice that there really isn't a big correlation between experience and winrate.

There's plenty of quick learners/rerolls/alt accounts at low game count with good winrates, just like there's plenty of people with 5-digit game counts with below-average winrates.

Experience only counts if you actually learn from it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[-ICE-]
Members
470 posts

haha your one of the problems IMO   one look at my stats and the fact I started the game like 4 months ago  Ya i am a newbie.   what do you do sit all day posting on forum  pft...

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[TMS]
Members
3,642 posts
35,392 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

At close to 3k games, you aren't really a newbie anymore. Once you hit T5, you're out of the kiddie pool.

And if you look up enough people, you'll begin to notice that there really isn't a big correlation between experience and winrate.

There's plenty of quick learners/rerolls/alt accounts at low game count with good winrates, just like there's plenty of people with 5-digit game counts with below-average winrates.

Experience only counts if you actually learn from it.

Wrong sometimes it does correlate and sometimes it doesn't, it depends on the person just like real life.

And you can see what tier they are doing it in so you take that into account. It's not like maybe they do it at lower tiers and we cannot see that so we must throw all that out.

A crap player rerolling will make little difference, someone who has learned a reroll will make a difference.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,442
[SALVO]
Members
2,681 posts
6,793 battles
7 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

haha your one of the problems IMO   one look at my stats and the fact I started the game like 4 months ago  Ya i am a newbie.   what do you do sit all day posting on forum  pft...

Dude He is right you had near 3000 games that is not newbie territory  . Second pure number of games does not dictate player skill and it would be a very bad idea to balance MM around number of games played.   Just this week I recruited someone with half your number of games that plays better then some people with 20 000 games.     After 1-2k games it comes down to player skill and their  ability / willingness to learn not number of games played.

Edited by eviltane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,266
[TBW]
Members
10,738 posts
18,462 battles

Even with a skill based MM, there would be as many blow outs. RNG is more a factor than MM.Once a team is down 2 or 3 ships it is generally a route from there on out. I am not in any way saying that once you are down 2 to 3 ships that it is a guaranteed loss, just most of the time.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[-ICE-]
Members
470 posts

So what about how many games was played...  it just shows 2 things.. either the person is not as good at learning or the person is getting pummeled by seal clubbers repeatadly so they can greedily raise the dishonest stats.  it has nothing to do with amout of battles and IF someone is a quick learner with 100 battles then great for them move them up to the higher percentage people.  So IMO your another problem.  

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,409
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,308 posts

So in summary, people that have played for a long time are better at the game than people that are new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,375
[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

If you self-identify as a "newbie" after almost 3,000 battles (that's - quick estimate - over FOUR HUNDRED HOURS of playtime) I don't think the problem lies with the other players.  

Ready to be labelled as "part of the problem"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
Members
265 posts
3,537 battles
12 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Wrong sometimes it does correlate and sometimes it doesn't, it depends on the person just like real life.

And you can see what tier they are doing it in so you take that into account. It's not like maybe they do it at lower tiers and we cannot see that so we must throw all that out.

A crap player rerolling will make little difference, someone who has learned a reroll will make a difference.

You just agreed with what you said was wrong. I'll splice the posts to illustrate.

"If you look up enough people, you'll begin to notice that there really isn't a big correlation between experience and winrate. Sometimes it does correlate and sometimes it doesn't, it depends on the person just like real life."

That said, there may be something to be said about a more casual gameplay pace and getting better results because of it.

More battles means more experience, yes. That said, a lot of the human learning process happens during sleep. A casual, but consistent (no binging here), pace of play gives you plenty of time and opportunity for this part of the learning process to occur between gaming sessions. You may not learn faster than a person just outright playing more, but you may learn more on a per-game basis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_and_learning#Increased_learning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[TMS]
Members
3,642 posts
35,392 battles
7 minutes ago, Enpra said:

You just agreed with what you said was wrong. I'll splice the posts to illustrate.

"If you look up enough people, you'll begin to notice that there really isn't a big correlation between experience and winrate. Sometimes it does correlate and sometimes it doesn't, it depends on the person just like real life."

 

Its not wrong and i don't give 2 hoots about the other stuff you said.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
Members
265 posts
3,537 battles
Just now, Final8ty said:

Its not wrong and i don't give to hoots about the other stuff you said.

Yeah, but you started your post by highlighting said section and the word "wrong", so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[TMS]
Members
3,642 posts
35,392 battles
1 minute ago, Enpra said:

Yeah, but you started your post by highlighting said section and the word "wrong", so...

It does not change the point and if you carry on with being pedantic on the ignore list you will go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[-ICE-]
Members
470 posts

One thing is for sure... the clubbers are voicing their greedy opinions because IF wow was to do something like this.. the party is OVER for them to come beat the chit out of newbies....  they have no honor, no respect, no couth

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[R-F]
Members
137 posts
9,320 battles

The only changes to matchmaking have been related to tier distribution. Don't expect it to be changed in other ways, especially by skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
Members
265 posts
3,537 battles
Just now, Final8ty said:

It does not change the point and if you carry on with being pedantic on the ignore list you will go.

Go ahead. I care not for what you decide to read or not. I'm not your parent.

I said you agreed with the post you claimed was wrong and pointed it out. You went on to protest the fact that it was pointed out by... agreeing with me that it's not wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,426
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,321 posts
17,497 battles
43 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

At close to 3k games, you aren't really a newbie anymore. Once you hit T5, you're out of the kiddie pool.

And if you look up enough people, you'll begin to notice that there really isn't a big correlation between experience and winrate.

There's plenty of quick learners/rerolls/alt accounts at low game count with good winrates, just like there's plenty of people with 5-digit game counts with below-average winrates.

Experience only counts if you actually learn from it.

So much this^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[TMS]
Members
3,642 posts
35,392 battles
4 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

One thing is for sure... the clubbers are voicing their greedy opinions because IF wow was to do something like this.. the party is OVER for them to come beat the chit out of newbies....  they have no honor, no respect, no couth

Having enjoyable battles is all that really counts and blowout are not fun either way.

I know more good players personally than bad one and most of them have left not because there stats are tanking because they are not. the battles are crap that's why they have left.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[TMS]
Members
3,642 posts
35,392 battles
3 minutes ago, Enpra said:

Go ahead. I care not for what you decide to read or not. I'm not your parent.

I said you agreed with the post you claimed was wrong and pointed it out. You went on to protest the fact that it was pointed out by... agreeing with me that it's not wrong?

I disagree.

If you see it as agreeing then its up to you. 

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,585 battles
20 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

So what about how many games was played...  it just shows 2 things.. either the person is not as good at learning or the person is getting pummeled by seal clubbers repeatadly so they can greedily raise the dishonest stats.  it has nothing to do with amout of battles and IF someone is a quick learner with 100 battles then great for them move them up to the higher percentage people.  So IMO your another problem.  

Remember, random means seal clubbers are on your team too.  I bet in some circumstances they may have carried your team to victory, or even individually saved your bacon.  

Sometimes you are the club, and sometimes you are the seal.  As a seal, if it happens often, really think about what made you that tempting target. Went broadside?  Keep running into islands?  Pushing too much?  Not using consumables at the best time?  

I don't want this post to get personal, but I would offer the suggestion to relax a bit and lower the defensiveness.  Focus on what you can do to improve your own game.  Most of us I would like to think try to always learn and improve.  

Most of us offer constructive feedback, and should not receive insults or anger in return.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[-ICE-]
Members
470 posts

Ya, im sure there is many reasons why they cant or wont do it but it still dont make seal clubbing right.  If this was my game it would not happen one way or the other.. but since im a nut in a squirls world ill just play and get beat on till im sick of getting beat on then leave  lol     I expect to get beat on its a war game but its not a fair war game but i guess wars are not fair anyway.    ahh  no sense there is to many clubbers to fight here and on the battle field.  haha

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[WOLFC]
Members
520 posts
7,794 battles

My suggestion would be to use a similar system to the one used for tier matchmaking, and have the matchmaker take into account how well the player did over the last 20 matches, i.e. was in the the top 3/bottom 3 in each match, and/or how much base xp they earned in each match for the last 20 matches. Use the same algorithm they use for the tier placement to fill out both sides with an equal (or close to equal) measure of unicum/potato players, based on their current performance. By keeping the sample window small, it allows for both good and bad players to benefit, while somewhat curtailing others ability to game the system (buying accounts, etc).

Edited by Nolo_00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,426
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,321 posts
17,497 battles
1 minute ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Ya, im sure there is many reasons why they cant do it but it still dont make seal clubbing right.  If this was my game it would not happen one way or the other.. but since im a nut in a squirls world ill just play and get beat on till im sick of getting beat on then leave  lol     I expect to get beat on its a war game but its not a fair war game but i guess wars are not fair anyway.    ahh  no sense there is to many clubbers to fight here and on the battle field.  haha

As long as you evaluate your success based on some perception of other players you will never be happy. 

Look inward my friend.

Calm GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
Members
265 posts
3,537 battles
6 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

I disagree.

If you see it as agreeing then its up to you. 

Again, look at the spliced post. I ran your two statements together and it's still totally coherent. This is why:

He said there is not a big correlation between experience and win rate.

You said that sometimes they're correlated and sometimes they're not. This means there isn't a strong correlation.

They're pretty much the same statement said differently.

Edited by Enpra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×