You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Computer issues?

23 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,608 battles

Since update game loads very slowly, also back to no result screens. Should I delete older versions of game and replays? Don't run anything else on computer. Have lots of memory and storage space. Only mod is dynamic reticle from mod station. Everything else is up to date.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

first off rename the whole mod folder so it's not loaded, then can see if it's game or mod causing the issue

[-OG-]
Members
287 posts
8,920 battles
17 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Since update game loads very slowly, also back to no result screens. Should I delete older versions of game and replays? Don't run anything else on computer. Have lots of memory and storage space. Only mod is dynamic reticle from mod station. Everything else is up to date.

With the update last night my PC was running very slowly like around 30fps, which doesn’t make sense since my system runs around the 60fps that my monitor allows. I checked game files nothing was wrong, checked task manager to see if something was running in the background still nothing, I did a clean restart and everything was back to normal. No lag on my desktop, no lag on steam and best of all Warships was back to running at her usual 60fps.

Edited by Awe5ome

[-N-]
Members
2,228 posts
14,857 battles

Occasionally, it is actually a good idea to uninstall and reinstall.  Cleans the whole folder up.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
Just now, Frigate007 said:

Ran with no mods still same issues.

A friend's cable modem started acting up & everything was loading slow. His ISP had to replace his modem. Do you have any other devices, phone, tablets, other computers? Are the also loading slow?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,735 battles
28 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Aloha,

Did you happen to run WGcheck? It can see if there was an installation issue.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,608 battles

All my other devices seem to run fine, play other games on them no problem. And they are much older less capable devices. Will try WG check again. Hate to reinstall as it takes up my monthly GB allotment.

• Boring 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
5,002 battles
1 hour ago, Frigate007 said:

Should I delete older versions of game and replays?

Those are pretty much useless unless you plan on keeping those old replays to view on an older version of the game.

Edited by destawaits

[REVY]
Members
2,580 posts
13,901 battles
3 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

All my other devices seem to run fine, play other games on them no problem. And they are much older less capable devices. Will try WG check again. Hate to reinstall as it takes up my monthly GB allotment.

Hard-wired or Wireless?

The 'older, less capable devices' are usually able to handle a more 'limited' wireless signal better then newer devices that are almost dependent on a strong signal.

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,608 battles
3 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Hard-wired or Wireless?

The 'older, less capable devices' are usually able to handle a more 'limited' wireless signal better then newer devices that are almost dependent on a strong signal.

It's a laptop. Tried both Wi-Fi and hard wired, seems to make no difference. Have full bars when Wi-Fi, only a few feet from modem. Have poor internet, but not any worse than usual, just started after last update. Everything else seems to work as normal. Going to run WG check tonight.

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
7 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

If this is the issue... I am suspecting you're in need of an upgrade...

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,608 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If this is the issue... I am suspecting you're in need of an upgrade...

Upgrade what? Computer is less than a year old? Like I said everything else works fine, just not wow.

• Boring 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,156 posts
11,540 battles

This is not the first time such issues were found by others and me. 

Ever since few patches ago, always the first version of the patch (pre-update fix patches that followed) had issues with frame drops.

I am hoping that the WG team will see this, and provides quick patch updates to resolve it.

Going though the suggested 'checks', does nothing.  Specially if the issue lies within the program itself, this case being the game version.

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
3 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Upgrade what? Computer is less than a year old? Like I said everything else works fine, just not wow.

What are your PC specs??? (trying to see the common trouble spots..FIrst. Then from there move on to ither parts of the puzzle to solve your issue.)

Edited by Navalpride33

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,608 battles
12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What are your PC specs??? (trying to see the common trouble spots..FIrst. Then from there move on to ither parts of the puzzle to solve your issue.)

Has a 1tb HD, 256GB SSD,, I7 -9700 9th gen CPU, 16 GB ram.

• Confused 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,734 posts

Make sure that your laptop isn't set to slow down the system at certain times in order to maintain battery life. Check the Performance section of Settings and make sure that it's set to highest performance while under AC power. You really shouldn't be gaming on a laptop under battery power as the default performance settings will slow down your system to conserve the battery.

The update may have changed your graphics settings. If the above didn't solve the issue then I would suggest setting all graphics to their lowest settings and seeing what FPS you can get. Then, you can increase the settings until you get the best combination of acceptable graphics and FPS. Also, check your computer manufacturer's website for updated video drivers.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
7 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Has a 1tb HD, 256GB SSD,, I7 -9700 9th gen CPU, 16 GB ram.

Have you done anything to your PC since the last patch ??? Any upgrades or additions ?

Looks at the past post thread its not a wired issue... Ok cool

Edited by Navalpride33

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,734 posts

The easiest way to ensure you have max settings for gaming is to turn game mode on. Go to Settings and search for "Game Mode."