You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PSA New season of Research Bureau starts Mon, Feb 17th 2020

23 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
10,730 posts
18,434 battles

Yup, reset the German DDs a few days ago. Regrinding in Co op takes a bit, I am only back to the tier 9 British DD from the first season. I really like playing the RN DDs, so I will probably reset those again for the third season and when it's re-re-done I should have enough for a ship. That should be some time around the 6th season I would guess.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

I may bail on this season...finished one 1st season,  reset one in this one 1/2 way through,  and currently sitting at T8.  I don't mind replaying the ships, but the entire process along with grinding a few other lines is just creating an credit sink that is keeping me completely broke all the time. I hate to lose the DBL points, but currently already have one T10 researched that I can't afford, Before i started resetting lines I almost always had 40-50 million silver sitting around.  Now lucky if i accumulate more than 10..    grinding more than one high tier line is just about too much for my limited playing time, with the need for upgrades and purchases.        

[RCNW3]
Members
1,947 posts
20,400 battles

Did the regrind for the Colbert, don’t think I will ever regrind again.  Really is a huge waste of credits and flags/camo/elite Commander exp/free exp for base hulls/doubloons for demounting upgrades.  Really, the Colbert and Ohio are the two most expensive ships in the game, not in terms of money, but in terms of time and resources.  I had to grind three lines, equal to 3 tier 10 ships, pay the millions of credits, use other resources, for one tier 10 ship.  It is really a racket, worst thing in the game (in my opinion).  

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Good to know.  Thanks, @Kizarvexis for the reminder.

Now the debate on whether to regrind Japanese cruisers or Russian battleships again begins.

[WOOKY]
Members
113 posts
19,280 battles

Regrinding three branches to get one ship is stupid.  If RB offered an option to reset player stats on ships in a given branch, that would be a different story.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles
2 hours ago, Panzer1113 said:

Did the regrind for the Colbert, don’t think I will ever regrind again.  Really is a huge waste of credits and flags/camo/elite Commander exp/free exp for base hulls/doubloons for demounting upgrades.  Really, the Colbert and Ohio are the two most expensive ships in the game, not in terms of money, but in terms of time and resources.  I had to grind three lines, equal to 3 tier 10 ships, pay the millions of credits, use other resources, for one tier 10 ship.  It is really a racket, worst thing in the game (in my opinion).  

Well it is pretty bad if you use those resources. I take my time, so for me it was fun. 

[ALLY]
Members
349 posts
19,708 battles

First and Foremost Thank Kiz.

I have only reset one line and still on T9 with it.  It is a credit grind and I will take my time.  Hopefully this will be around awhile and I can get the ships. If not I am becoming a better player at the ships then I was before.

C130 signing out.

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
1 minute ago, Hercules_C130 said:

First and Foremost Thank Kiz.

I have only reset one line and still on T9 with it.  It is a credit grind and I will take my time.  Hopefully this will be around awhile and I can get the ships. If not I am becoming a better player at the ships then I was before.

C130 signing out.

You are welcome.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,947 posts
20,400 battles
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

Well it is pretty bad if you use those resources. I take my time, so for me it was fun. 

Glad you enjoyed, for we started out fun, lower levels OK, but once you pass tier 5, start getting into higher level exp requirements and it gets back into a grind.  Then you are buying ships, spending credits (like 80 million).  I didn’t keep a lot of my tech tree ships, so did not have dedicated captains, so had to move captains in which required commander exp, and by the time you get to 8/9 a lot of games are required to move forward unless you were sitting on a pile of exp.  

I have 186 ships, love to play different ships (along with a few favorites).  Regrind required repeated play over the same territory and deprived me of some fun tier10 ships for awhile.  Overall, the first line you regrind was ok for me, but doing it over and over again just was not fun for me, felt like work and this game is supposed to be fun.  At the end, could not face regrinding another line for the 2000 needed points for the Ohio, so got the Colbert.  Not all that impressed, with it so for all the work got a new ship that is not as good as many other tier 10 cruisers (Zao, Smol, Hindy, Wooster, DM, Henri).  

Edited by Panzer1113

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles
Just now, Panzer1113 said:

I didn’t keep a lot of my tech tree ships, so did not have dedicated captains, so had to move captains in which required commander exp, and by the time you get to 8/9 a lot of games are required to move forward unless you were sitting on a pile of exp.  

Oh that is big deal. I had kept all of the ships and Captians. When I grind up a line for the first time I do not move my captains up. Would not waste free xp for a regrind. Unless I was in a hurry for some reason and those that know me know I am almost never in a hurry lol.

[BS]
Members
1,989 posts
11,212 battles

I have 2x points left unbegotton on the Yue yang, only needed up to T9 to get the COlbert a few months ago. When the research bureau resets, do i still get to keep the 2x on the Yue Yang I have waiting? Not really a big deal I guess, I have plenty of free xp

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Oh that is big deal. I had kept all of the ships and Captians. When I grind up a line for the first time I do not move my captains up. Would not waste free xp for a regrind. Unless I was in a hurry for some reason and those that know me know I am almost never in a hurry lol.

I move one Cmdr up as that one is slated for the T10 of the line. The rest of the ships in the line get assigned a permanent Cmdr from my pile of spare Cmdrs. I have kept all the ships and have 44 open port slots for more ships.

1 minute ago, HorrorRoach said:

I have 2x points left unbegotton on the Yue yang, only needed up to T9 to get the COlbert a few months ago. When the research bureau resets, do i still get to keep the 2x on the Yue Yang I have waiting? Not really a big deal I guess, I have plenty of free xp

Yes, once you reset the line, you keep the x2 RP until you finish the line, no matter how long it takes. You can only get one x2 RP per season, so you can get more than one. It just takes until the next season to get another.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I move one Cmdr up as that one is slated for the T10 of the line. The rest of the ships in the line get assigned a permanent Cmdr from my pile of spare Cmdrs. I have kept all the ships and have 44 open port slots for more ships.

I am usually training up tier 10 captains on some prem ship. The tier 9 captain usually takes care of themselves since you will play so many battles in tier 9 to get to tier 10. When I reset the lines several of my tier 9 captains maxed out. I also typically use the unique captains at tier 10 so... I never seem to be in need. 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,204 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

In the title and here.

The most bizarre deadline in WOWS, since in many cases you are required to wait for it to PASS instead of acting before it arrives. :Smile_veryhappy:

[CO-OP]
Members
2,286 posts
26,712 battles

@Kizarvexis Thanks for the info. 

I was away for a while and thought...

4 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I was going to make a separate post but I'll just add to this one.

They should just reset the multiplier to coincide with the day an update is released, instead of a strict 3 month time frame. 

^^ This actually makes too much sense. +1

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
10 minutes ago, paradat said:

I am usually training up tier 10 captains on some prem ship. The tier 9 captain usually takes care of themselves since you will play so many battles in tier 9 to get to tier 10. When I reset the lines several of my tier 9 captains maxed out. I also typically use the unique captains at tier 10 so... I never seem to be in need. 

I have the unique Cmdrs all over the place, with only some going to the T10.

Spoiler

Yamamoto is on Amagi and going to Yamato.

Halsey is on Missouri and going to Montana. John Doe is permanent on Seattle and George Doe is on Pensacola. US Ovechkin is on Benham and is going on Gearing.

Vasiliy is on Sinop and is going to Kreml and Viktor Znamensky is on Chappy and going on Moskva. RU Ovechkin is on Kiev and is going to Tashkent.

Reinhard is on Z-39 and is going to Z-52. Franz von Jutland is permanent on Yorck.

Jack Dunkirk is on permanent on Fiji and Bert is permanent on Edinburgh.

Charles-Henri Honore is permanent on Alsace and Jean-Jacques is permanent on Lyon with the LWM Manly ManTM build under construction.

Quan Rong and Da Rong are both on premiums as they are assigned to Chung Mu and Yueyang respectively.

Luigi Sansonetti is on premiums with an assignment for Brindisi.

1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The most bizarre deadline in WOWS, since in many cases you are required to wait for it to PASS instead of acting before it arrives. :Smile_veryhappy:

True, unless you have not reset a line this season, then Monday is a deadline.

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
10 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

@Kizarvexis Thanks for the info. 

You are welcome

10 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I was away for a while and thought...

4 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I was going to make a separate post but I'll just add to this one.

They should just reset the multiplier to coincide with the day an update is released, instead of a strict 3 month time frame. 

^^ This actually makes too much sense. +1

The updates are on a 28 days cycle and WG made the seasons 3 months each, likely to have 4 per year. Unless WG has some longer than 4 weeks patches in the 9.x series, there will be almost 13 patches this year. Eventually, if the patches stay at 28 days per patch, there will be 13 in a year.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,204 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Eventually, if the patches stay at 28 days per patch, there will be 13 in a year.

We had a very long one at the beginning of 2019 (the last of the 0.8.x patches was extended, during the PEF event), and the last of the patches that started in 2019 was a week longer by design.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,286 posts
26,712 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are welcome

The updates are on a 28 days cycle and WG made the seasons 3 months each, likely to have 4 per year. Unless WG has some longer than 4 weeks patches in the 9.x series, there will be almost 13 patches this year. Eventually, if the patches stay at 28 days per patch, there will be 13 in a year.

That's a good point, probably why I'm not in charge of scheduling these things.

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We had a very long one at the beginning of 2019 (the last of the 0.8.x patches was extended, during the PEF event), and the last of the patches that started in 2019 was a week longer by design.

Yes. And if 8.12 and other patches were not longer than 28 days, we would have had 13 patches this year. I think WG wants to restrict the x2 to 4 times a year and by doing it per month, then you have mid-Feb, mid-May, mid-Aug, and mid-Nov as standing seasons for the RB for quite a while.