You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Why is the NA Region still Growing? WGNA "Get's it"

14 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,684 posts
6,684 battles

Player outreach, events, Anchors Away and physical historical ships we care about.  WG St. Pete needs to use WGNA as the model, but sadly, I don't think that will happen.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,419 posts
12,305 battles
1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Player outreach, events, Anchors Away and physical historical ships we care about.  WG St. Pete needs to use WGNA as the model, but sadly, I don't think that will happen.

oh poor poor Zoup, you should know by now that, if its logical, WG will have nothing to do with it, them listening to WGNA would be logical, so therefor, theyll ignore it

• Cool 2

[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,542 battles

I was glad to see the actual numbers grow (if however slight).  

Reading some of the old posts on this forum you would have thought the game died three years ago.  And then 2.5 years ago.  Then two years ago......and so on. 

Overall I remain pretty happy with this game and hope it continues to grow.  

[EQRN]
Members
2,163 posts
19,078 battles

I watched his other video, I didn’t realize RU numbers had fallen so drastically.  WG has to go where the money and interest is, and ostensibly that isn’t in the motherland.  They are, however, annoying the bread basket in its futile attempts to placate the motherland.

• Cool 1

0 posts
23 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

the NA server isn't growing, it has its usual seasonal highs and lows. And this despite WeeGee pandering to 'murrican wallet warriors at every available opportunity. I am sure this summer, when the NA server hits its usual seasonal low, you will complain about WGNA not listening to its players, just for the clicks on your youtube channel.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

0 posts
6 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I watched his other video, I didn’t realize RU numbers had fallen so drastically.  WG has to go where the money and interest is, and ostensibly that isn’t in the motherland.  They are, however, annoying the bread basket in its futile attempts to placate the motherland.

HIs other video severely abuses statistical presentation, to serve an agenda. The RU server has not fallen "dramatically", it has seen a gradual, but not catastrophic, decline. He should be ashamed of misleading his followers in this manner.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Members
1,684 posts
18,655 battles

Meanwhile in World of Tanks, WGNA are without use or clue. I'm sure they mean well, but the people pulling their strings literally don't care.

[EQRN]
Members
2,163 posts
19,078 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

HIs other video severely abuses statistical presentation, to serve an agenda. The RU server has not fallen "dramatically", it has seen a gradual, but not catastrophic, decline. He should be ashamed of misleading his followers in this manner.

50% over 4 years isn’t as drastic as 50% in 4 months, but it’s a trend that is a-typical from the other regions.  

Maybe Russian players think differently, but I really don’t care where a game is made, unless the developer is making detrimental decisions based on nationalist lines (:cap_hmm:).  Why WG feels it needs to cater to their homeland to the detriment of where the $$ is coming from I find strange, but maybe that’s how Russians think.

[YORHA]
Members
5,193 posts
10,344 battles

Listen to NA?

SysAW4d.gif

Enjoy Gulag, comrade.  

• Cool 1

Members
122 posts
16 battles

Variety of ships isn't a bad thing, is it? 

Obviously there'll be endless complaints, regardless of what next line WG introduces. 
Even if WG would introduce another US BB line, there'd still be complaints why it's ship x instead of y and whatnot. 

There's so many things to complain about, the decision of which ships to introduce when is increadibly far down the line.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,134 posts
4,766 battles
36 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Listen to NA?

Enjoy Gulag, comrade.  

The longer I hang around this place, the more I suspect that is exactly the attitude in certain quarters of the company.  The Belorussian quarters, especially.

0 posts
40 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The longer I hang around this place, the more I suspect that is exactly the attitude in certain quarters of the company.  The Belorussian quarters, especially.

last year was bad for NA staff turnover, but we don't know the cause, and it would be unfair (and too personal) to speculate on the reasons. Though of course, me being such an awful gossip, feel free to /pm with sekrets.

As can be seen from a more neutral source below, NA playerbase has its ups and downs, but there is no definite characteristic of either growth or decline over the past couple of years. CVrework, NTC, Pay2rico, do not appear (yet) to have caused any serious damage either (although this last Xmas season had a lower peak population than in Dec17/January 2018, which means there has been a technical decline.:Smile_teethhappy:)

image.thumb.png.13b4b7b8efb839b874ef148f