Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
macktkau2

New Slot 5 Mods

5 comments in this topic

Members
845 posts
4,679 battles

So there's a few new Slot 5 mods.

Pretty much everyone takes Concealment, they've now added a 1.8km Torpedo spotter mod, and a Ship Consumables mod that adds 10% to the action time of all ship consumables.

From my quick calculations, taking the Consumable mod instead of Concealment would give another 2 seconds of repair worth about 900 HP, about half a second of extra damage control immunity, 10 seconds extra spotter plane and about 30 seconds extra speed boost (for Georgia).

Doesn't seem like that much to remover over a km of concealment does it.

[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,174 battles
34 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

Pretty much everyone takes Concealment, they've now added a 1.8km Torpedo spotter mod, and a Ship Consumables mod that adds 10% to the action time of all ship consumables.

From my quick calculations, taking the Consumable mod instead of Concealment would give another 2 seconds of repair worth about 900 HP, about half a second of extra damage control immunity, 10 seconds extra spotter plane and about 30 seconds extra speed boost (for Georgia).

That's YOLO calculations...all of those numbers multiply by how many of each of those consumables you have...for ships w/multiple consumables (4 or even 5 not counting the DC that everybody gets) that last for the whole battle that can add up to quite a lot of benefits...especially radar ships that already have the radar consumable equipped.

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,179 posts
16,540 battles
3 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

Then there is the added benefit of -5% dispersion from enemy shells the the conceal mod gives.  Honestly, I do not really see a point in the other two due to this.  When you are spotted and shot, it will always work for you.  Sure, an argument can be made with the consumable mod, but ultimately consumables go on CD, the -5% dispersion thing from the conceal mod does not.

If they really wanted to "balance" things out, they would've removed the -5% dispersion thing from conceal.  That would actually open the other two up for some serious consideration.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,794 posts
25,049 battles
On 2/13/2020 at 12:45 AM, Volron said:

Then there is the added benefit of -5% dispersion from enemy shells the the conceal mod gives.  Honestly, I do not really see a point in the other two due to this.  When you are spotted and shot, it will always work for you.  Sure, an argument can be made with the consumable mod, but ultimately consumables go on CD, the -5% dispersion thing from the conceal mod does not.

If they really wanted to "balance" things out, they would've removed the -5% dispersion thing from conceal.  That would actually open the other two up for some serious consideration.

What I would have done with old TASM1 would be to make her an offensive counter to CSM1.

CSM1 gives stealth and a dispersion debuff to any attacks against you.

I would have made TASM1 give a dispersion or sigma improvement.

But that's all pointless now, we got a few more dubious upgrades in Slot 5 thinking they're of any use compared to CSM1.

• Cool 1

Members
56 posts
29,483 battles

I totally missed this change. With that 10% on a full heal spec Salem is just shy of 2600 additional HP per heal 4X. With 4 heals used as much as 10400 more HP per match. That would be on top of the up to 25,176 per heal it already has. Wow, this Salem build can heal up to about 111,104 HP per match? Holy crap.

Sign in to follow this