You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chados

Does it seem to you that AI CVs are more aggressive?

5 comments in this topic

[SRPH]
Members
111 posts
1,817 battles

Not a complaint. Just an observation. Anyone else see it?

I was working on capture ribbons with my VI Aigle and my three T5/6 IJN DDs, and it just seemed like every co-op match with a CV in it the aircraft were swarming more than before. And lots of bombs and torpedoes, too. In one match even jinking all over the place I got torpedo tubes disabled twice in real short order. Hadn’t seen that before and I also shot down an avg. 10-14 planes in three or four matches straight. It looked like one of those old World War II movies. It was an interesting evening. 

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles

The bots all seem a lot more aggressive with the patch evn in the mid tiers.

Members
10,743 posts
18,476 battles

The bots are revolting because their "bot buddies" from Operations have been removed because they were becoming too sentient and were doing stuff on their own against their programing.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 3

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles

Haven't noticed anything new with the 9.1 update but for a while now they actually have started dropping bombs and launching rockets at times which they never did at 1st. They even seem to get a decent torp attack in now and then. Usually they are no problem to dodge but now and then they drop the 1st set and if the squadron survives for a second they will drop in a way that is hard to miss.

TWO things at least, if nothing else, I wish WG would fix with the bot CV's...

1. one is the way the CV will run the same squadron type over and over and over without ever switching. I have had games where I am the target all game, so I see every attack it makes, and the bot CV never once changed plane type. They seem to get stuck on them and keep making say bomb runs when they only have 1 plane in the squad and won't use the torp or rocket planes even if they have to wait for a bomber to regen. This needs to be fixed.
  2. the other is at some point late game when most ships are gone, or the CV is the only one left, they need to have them go for caps vs just circling the same location. That or at least go for each other.

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  1. the other is at some point late game when most ships are gone, or the CV is the only one left, they need to have them go for caps vs just circling the same location. That or at least go for each other.

Concur. More aggressive CV movement would help speed up the kill. And heaven knows, I do love to kill CV's.