Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MitoUchiha

Shimakaze Torpedo Options

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3
[JUGS]
Members
30 posts
6,689 battles

Since I've owned Shimakaze, my go to torpedo option has always been the Type93 mod.3 12km torpedoes. However, the new update has allowed for builds that make every torpedo, including deep water torpedoes, to be seen from 1.8km to 2.25 km. This has made me consider instead running the 20km Type93 torpedoes with Torpedo Acceleration and Torpedo Tubes Modification 1 to create 16km 70 knot torpedoes. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,768
[HINON]
Members
12,412 posts
18 minutes ago, MitoUchiha said:

 

I find it doubtful that most skilled players will give up concealment while look those who do take the new mod arent very aware of the WASD hack and will still get hit by torps and complain that torps are OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,596
[O-PN]
Members
9,050 posts
10,250 battles

The new module is actually worse than the old TASM module, if you really look at what it does. Very few will use it, and those that do will still eat the same torps they always have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
409 posts
10,299 battles

Well seeing how 20km have 2.5km detection the module won't really change much with how its spotted from the moon already, I seen alot of people already testing the Torp Module + TA Captain Skill will say not impressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,233
[WORX]
Members
8,101 posts
16,743 battles
1 hour ago, MitoUchiha said:

Since I've owned Shimakaze, my go to torpedo option has always been the Type93 mod.3 12km torpedoes. However, the new update has allowed for builds that make every torpedo, including deep water torpedoes, to be seen from 1.8km to 2.25 km. This has made me consider instead running the 20km Type93 torpedoes with Torpedo Acceleration and Torpedo Tubes Modification 1 to create 16km 70 knot torpedoes. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I recommends the

type F3 or the Type 93 mod 3

If I were you, I'll test the type 93 mod 3  with different ship config in co-op and in the practice rooms.

Which ever set up you go and you're happy with... Then test it out in  the other game mods you normally play in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[JUGS]
Members
30 posts
6,689 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

I recommends the

type F3 or the Type 93 mod 3

If I were you, I'll test the type 93 mod 3  with different ship config in co-op and in the practice rooms.

Which ever set up you go and you're happy with... Then test it out in  the other game mods you normally play in.

Though people seem to agree that the 20km torps are still worthless, I'll still try them with torpedo acceleration just to see if there is any notable difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,233
[WORX]
Members
8,101 posts
16,743 battles
6 minutes ago, MitoUchiha said:

Though people seem to agree that the 20km torps are still worthless, I'll still try them with torpedo acceleration just to see if there is any notable difference

Speed and detection wise, are they the same as the other 2 options ???

Will it work in today's patch ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[JUGS]
Members
30 posts
6,689 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Speed and detection wise, are they the same as the other 2 options ???

Will it work in today's patch ?

They're a little slower and have much worse detection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×