Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

How was your Part 2 Opening Day (BRN CA's)?

38 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles

Installed the update 1st thing this AM but had too much IRL stuff going on to even open the game and look at stuff. Had to wait until I got home this afternoon. Once I did I opened the game up and proceeded to take care of everything I had prepared for last month arriving with the update (BRN stuff). Finished off part 1 of the directives after a bit and am done for the day now.

The 15 citadels (2 games in Budyonny) and 17 ships sunk parts (8 games) were easy but good lord the 25 CV fires (11 games) and 7 cap/asst cap (lost count) parts were a bear this go round. RNG just messed with me bad on the fires. I would have a game with say 6 then nothing for 3, then 2, and nothing again, etc... Was also frustrating to be in mid attack on a perfect target only to have someone shoot it and set it on fire in multiple spots right before I could strike which the bot either DCP'd  so I couldn't get one or it was burning all over so badly there was no where for me to set one  :etc_swear:LOL.  Finally got that done though but then the game/RNG trolled me again on the caps part. At one point I had SEVEN Standard in a row. SEVEN! It never fails whenever WG sets capping as a task mysteriously (:Smile_glasses:) the rate of Standard battle like triples. It was horrible but I finally got it done to finish up part 1. Actually will have the XP task done tomorrow in 1, 2 games at most, as well which finishes all I can do as the rest are PVP.

So today I...

• Purchased the T6 Premium CA London. I will get doubloons when I earn it for free and it can earn tokens for me now. Played one game in it for the 10 tokens I could earn with it today. It's just average for a T6; not great not bad. It's another flake ship and other special event ship.

VF0MqNy.jpg

• Used the XP I had ground out on the T6 Devonshire (got it in the last update from an armory bundle) and picked up the T7 Surrey (only one of the 4 I didn't get). Have not played it yet just rigged it out and threw a 10pt Capt from reserves on it. Will play tomorrow.

J4a0h4Z.jpg

• Used the XP I had ground out on the T8 Albemarle I got last month to unlock and then purchased the T9 Drake. Have not played it yet just rigged it out and got the perma camo for it. I ended up putting Jingles on it. My plan when I got Jingles from the event was to put him on the T10 but then WG surprised us all by adding Sir Andrew Cunningham as a Legendary Capt with the update. Decided he will be the T10 Capt. So Jingles goes on Drake. I had Jingles to 19pts ready and waiting in Reserves so just had to assign him.

7POuseT.jpg

R2hxn0v.jpg

• Used FXP to unlock and then purchased the T10 Goliath. Have not played it yet just rigged it out and got the perma camo for it. Got the tokens I could today and then got some armory bundles using my Doubloon hoard to get Cunningham. Used some of my Elite Capt XP to jump him to 15pts. Could have done 19 but it would have taken all of it and some FXP so 15 is a good start. Will get him to 19 soon enough.

IVGJWbr.jpg

3yo0gUR.jpg

So I finished up this line to T10 and have the new Capt. I can now play out the rest of the event and not have to grind my brains out. I like the way this went with having the early access ships and the XP ready and waiting and thus only needing a little FXP to get the T10. Tomorrow I can play with all the new toys LOL. :cap_horn:

How goes it for you all?

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[FRR]
Members
820 posts

I am not spending any real money or any doubloons I already have just to get London, Cunningham, or any of those bundles.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,139 posts
10,380 battles

Cits done.  About 17K of XP, and 8 kills (could not kill squat).

Cit mission finished up on the Devonshire of all things (7).

DD mission starts tomorrow.  This one worries me in coop.

I may have to pick up the Arc Royal (was planning on it eventually).

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles

As of this post, 0.9.1 won't drop, and have the server back up, on the EU server for another 6 hours. So I'm just waiting patiently, looking at the pretty pictures, and trying to devise my own plan based on what folks on the NA forum are posting.

I do have enough xp saved up on Albermarle to unlock Drake straight away. Not sure whether to get that or go straight for Goliath instead. I only have 23 million credits so I can afford one or the other. 

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles

Been trying to install the update for over 2 hours.  :-(

[CO-OP]
Members
2,302 posts
26,788 battles

I only got to play a few games this morning before going to work, but got all of the citadels, and 2 caps.  I actually blew the first DD game as I thought it was cap/[edited]'t cap/defend ribbons, I stayed outside the cap and shelled the red bots for about 7-8 defense ribbons before capping.  Was rather disappointed that I only got 1 point toward the DD mission.  :cap_old:

I hope to finish the DD mission tonight, and see which comes first CV fires or XP tomorrow.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,166 posts
22,715 battles

Carrier and cruiser missions done. Not gonna buy a soon-to-be free ship and am hoarding my FXP for 1)  a FXP grind to complete a special "purchase" in the next RB season that starts in about 12 days or so (aka Colbert). Also have to keep that FXP coming for Hayate and Smaland in 0.9.3.

Just gonna work thru the directives day by day and enjoy the "free stuff".

[-ST-]
Members
33 posts
4,223 battles

I have several CVs.  The only one that both the rocket planes and the bombers can reliably cause fires is the Ark Royal. 

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles
45 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I only got to play a few games this morning before going to work, but got all of the citadels, and 2 caps.  I actually blew the first DD game as I thought it was cap/[edited]'t cap/defend ribbons, I stayed outside the cap and shelled the red bots for about 7-8 defense ribbons before capping.  Was rather disappointed that I only got 1 point toward the DD mission.  :cap_old:

I hope to finish the DD mission tonight, and see which comes first CV fires or XP tomorrow.

I did he same thing. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles

Real profitable in progress.  Most I've played the game since mid-late December 2019.

Finished Directive 1.  I will say the DD mission for 7 caps was the worst one to complete for me.  Lots of players and the games were over too quickly.  It took me 16 Co-op games to complete the 7 Caps required for that mission;  It was absurd.  The rest was easy.  Interestingly for Cruiser Citadels, RN CAs did it for me real easily.  I was going to use Alaska or Des Memes, but hey, if it works it works.

Did 1 last Devonshire game to get the XPs needed to research VII Surrey.

Played Conqueror a bunch and finished her Legendary.

SzbMKFm.jpg

In the past, I would not have slotted Conqueror's Legendary.  But after having Thunderer, who basically is Conqueror with the Legendary built in, in terms of turret traverse, rudder shift, I got spoiled.  So I revised my Conqueror build, incorporated the Legendary in Slot 5 instead of CSM1.  I also removed SGM2 in Slot 4 and equipped DCSM2.

I also had revised many of my ships' upgrades since it was free to remove them from the ship.  My IJN CAs for example replaced ASM1 to slot MBM2.  I did that because MBM2 no longer has the gun reload penalty to it.  A bunch of my Torpedo DDs removed ASM1 to slot TTM1, most especially the DDs with very fast torps to make them go even faster.  Another example are a bunch of my Gunboat DDs with slow turret traverse, I slotted MBM2.  An Shan, Fu Shun, Mogador, Kleber, Leningrad, Blyskawica are among the others.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SRPH]
Members
111 posts
1,817 battles

I’m limited as I have no CVs. But I got lucky with VI Duca d’Aosta in one match and got into a running gunfight with an Emerald and then a Hawkins and netted 8 citadel hits! I also managed to get one of those capture missions with the three level bullseye on a drop in VI Aigle and managed to cap all three circles :) . So not too bad for a filthy PvE casual for one night of noodling around.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,671 posts

I just got home from work,  so I haven't played it yet. 

Yesterday was a 2 and out, though so my enthusiasm for playing is very low.    only 5 games since Thursday, and all sucked.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,969 posts

Kills done, easiest one of the set.

Citadels with Cruisers, done.  Scored 9 with Nurnberg and 4 with Devonshire back-to-back, can't remember where the other one came from. 

Cap ribbons with DDs, done, but a bit of a PITA... kept getting standard battles, or battles that ended too quick to get caps in, or jerks who couldn't wait 3-4 seconds longer to kill that helpless last bot.

XP, at about 40k out of 65k, will easily finish that tomorrow. 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Cap ribbons with DDs, done, but a bit of a PITA... kept getting standard battles, or battles that ended too quick to get caps in, or jerks who couldn't wait 3-4 seconds longer to kill that helpless last bot.

That took me an absurd 16 games to complete.  My games were typically full of players up and down the tiers.  Games were over real quick.

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Kills done, easiest one of the set.

Citadels with Cruisers, done.  Scored 9 with Nurnberg and 4 with Devonshire back-to-back, can't remember where the other one came from. 

XP, at about 40k out of 65k, will easily finish that tomorrow. 

OMG yes! :Smile_facepalm:

This happens whenever there is a ":cap" type mission. Standard suddenly gets ramped up. No one will convince me otherwise. I don't get 5, 6, 7, 8+ Standard in a row at ANY other time. But, let there be a cap mission, and it happens over and over and over and over and over.....

[CO-OP]
Members
1,842 posts
26,618 battles

I bought London as well, found her to be be better than I expected. Had a decent brawl with her on Trident in Epicenter mode managing to take the center cap, kill 3 ships and die in the process.  Very enjoyable game though, and hopefully a sign of things to come. Always thought the event ships were a little bit of a let down hopefully this one isn't. I finished the citadels (thank you Des Moines for being cittable and for getting the cits) and destroy 17 ships directives. Need about 25k for Royal Experience and 5 caps for Base Invader. The cap one is irritating as just about every time I went out in a DD last night I ended up in a standard battle. My one domination game yielded 2 caps.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
15,116 battles

1st Directive done in happy game play on my part.

Unlocked Albermarle (Tier 8) with my lucky win Surrey so I can get those 10 extra tokens a day to offset the days I don't play. 

Having the missions as 'ship type' specific is kinda' cool, but I'd rather pick my own poison.  I use these events to blow the dust off some boats I haven't taken out in a while so I bristle a bit of being told how to do each mission.

The lack of a Scenario still bothers me quite a bit.  I think it stinks and continues to foster my misgivings.

I do not believe WG nor do I trust the explanations for the lack of this totally fun game play option.  They keep stepping on their own di*cks and can't get out of their own way.

I learned in the US Army that 1 screw up ruins 50 'atta' boys'.  I fear the level of toxic that continues to climb between the Community and the the Apparatchik Fools that continue to mismanage this potentially fine game.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

OMG yes! :Smile_facepalm:

This happens whenever there is a ":cap" type mission. Standard suddenly gets ramped up. No one will convince me otherwise. I don't get 5, 6, 7, 8+ Standard in a row at ANY other time. But, let there be a cap mission, and it happens over and over and over and over and over.....

There were a lot of people playing DDs.  With all the fish in the water and Battleships blasting away, these games were over quick.  Took forever to get the 7 caps required with DDs.

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles
48 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There were a lot of people playing DDs.  With all the fish in the water and Battleships blasting away, these games were over quick.  Took forever to get the 7 caps required with DDs.

Yes it did and NO ONE would wait even a few seconds to let someone cap either. Don't know how many games I was within seconds of a cap and pleading to just give me 5 sec and no one would. Just ONE game where they did. I +1'd everyone.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes it did and NO ONE would wait even a few seconds to let someone cap either. Don't know how many games I was within seconds of a cap and pleading to just give me 5 sec and no one would. Just ONE game where they did. I +1'd everyone.

I don't fault anyone for going for the kill.  I'd do the same thing.  It's just Co-op with the regular game rules gets real stupid.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,308 posts
16,251 battles
10 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Finally got that done though but then the game/RNG trolled me again on the caps part.

I got mostly Domination but could barely get a cap for trying despite that (ended up with two)! I ended up completing most of the KILLS trying to get that done!

Finished the kills mission and also the cits (Fiji and Salem were godlike, and almost everyone was out in a cruiser, it seemed), and pulled nearly 18K XP.  Will attack the carrier problem tonight. Hopefully things will slacken off over the next day or two, and some of the tasks will become easier. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,627 posts
6,371 battles

Congrats Admiral. That was blazing fast of you to get Cunningham and finish the first directive on the day 1, IMO... lol. :Smile_great::Smile_teethhappy:

As for me, I just played one game each in three of my ARP ships, for the bonus 200% XP missions, grabbed the first daily container, and called it a day... lel. :Smile_hiding:

[A-D-F]
Members
2,113 posts
7,630 battles

It went pretty smoothly.  I only need 32k xp to finish up.  

My tier 8 destroyer fleet got me the caps I needed.  Hats off to Kiev, Benson, Ognevoi and Lightning.

I got all my citadels with Exeter.  She punches above her weight, doesn't she.

Kills and xp just flowed naturally.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!  :cap_like:

[WOLF9]
Members
989 posts
21,697 battles

Well, here goes....

I had enough FXP and credits to get from Hawkins (my only early access drop, from a dubloon crate too) to Devonshire to Surrey.  The Mighty Jingles is working this line at the moment.

After a few days I had enough to trade in my Surrey for the Albemarle.  Just got her today.  It will be a while before I get to the Drake or Goliath.  I am still grinding the Edinburgh, Lion, C Martel and Richileau for the last T10s I need (from the BB/CA/CL lines).  Will be taking the Europe DD line off except for the Polish ones, and will be prepping for the RU CA line split.

I finished 9.1.1, but am concerned about the lack of Coop choices for completing the remaining directives.  I don't play CVs and rarely play DDs (I got one - Blyz).  I loaded up my BB Mass with credit flags and into random I went.  Got the 800k in one battle on my second chance.

I did buy the CA London.  Went the cheap $22 route.  Doesn't seem like too bad of a boat so far.  I did this for the token daily mission (didn't expect to get the Albemarle that fast).  I will buy Cunningham when I get that far.

[WOLF9]
Members
989 posts
21,697 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I tried 3 games in my Blyz and couldn't cap anything, so I loaded up the credit flags on my BB Mass and went into random and got 800k credits on my second try.

Sign in to follow this