You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

Bad Days?

25 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
244 posts
7,483 battles

Do those of you that are the most experienced players still occasionally have bad days where nothing seems to hit the targets, or suddenly your team abandons you so their nice ship will not suffer the indignity of suffering a scratch and you have to deal with 4 enemy ships making lunch out of your ship? Or you are playing a Co-op game and the green bots seemed to have all turned too fast and capsized and sunk? 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

We all have bad days, my friend. 

Sometimes you need to just walk away, take a break, and regroup for another day.

[YORHA]
Members
5,193 posts
10,344 battles

3 days ago 60% win rate and 100K average damage.

2 days a go... 9 straight losses.

Yesterday 33% win rate, crappy damage.

Today?  Whatever WG decides I should get.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Absolutely!

But if we're being honest with ourselves, we also have days where it seems we can do wrong, and even when we do screw up, the team carries us to victory anyhow.

[NFFS]
Members
209 posts
7,408 battles

Very much so.  One day my shells cannot miss, and the next nothing will hit.  It comes and it goes.

Hope you have a better day ahead!

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,169 posts
18,809 battles
34 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

We all have bad days, my friend. 

Sometimes you need to just walk away, take a break, and regroup for another day.

So true.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,252 posts
14,677 battles
52 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

Do those of you that are the most experienced players still occasionally have bad days where nothing seems to hit the targets, or suddenly your team abandons you so their nice ship will not suffer the indignity of suffering a scratch and you have to deal with 4 enemy ships making lunch out of your ship? Or you are playing a Co-op game and the green bots seemed to have all turned too fast and capsized and sunk? 

Aloha,

If you look at my current stats in my signature below.....  YES, I definitely do. Some of the more unicum players may not, but I play for fun, not too worried about my stats, sometimes stuff works, sometimes stuff doesn't....  it happens as with all games.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
55 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I call it quits when I lose a Co-op game...

18 minutes ago, Potohto928 said:

I once lost two co-op battles in a row, and almost lost a third.

That's pretty bad. 

fried potatoes, usually yummy but too much can be bit overwhelming  :Smile_facepalm:

[WORX]
Members
11,926 posts
19,472 battles
1 minute ago, Ozium said:

fried potatoes, usually yummy but too much can be bit overwhelming  :Smile_facepalm:

That is why I quit when I lose a Co-op game... That is my barometer as to the quality of play has taken a nose dive...

I lose a CO-op game, its time for a break... :cap_cool:

[RLGN]
Members
15,148 posts
26,781 battles

Bad days?

Got GkF because last day to secure the LU without screwing around with the RB idiocy.

Played one game last night to activate the mission...

...bots all focus me and I die.

Play one game this afternoon before work...

...bots all focus me and I die.

To add insult to injury; a Smelly unexpectedly came from around an island at about 4K; never mind the bot ‘lique and GkF that also happened to be there, so I ran to avoid getting torped.

Of course it nosed in; AP, HE, if the shells didn’t mysteriously fly off in wild directions, they did no damage, so of course that OP piece of garbage ran me up to the border and torped me.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,114 posts
10,336 battles
57 minutes ago, Potohto928 said:

I once lost two co-op battles in a row, and almost lost a third.

That's pretty bad.

I had that happen in the T7 RM premium cruiser.  Both Bot heavy, and the bots died early.

You find your carry pants are a worn out pair of Lederhosen. 

[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
5,166 battles
1 hour ago, WM1957 said:

Define "bad day"

I dont think I ever had a day where my shots miss constantly, nor do I ever have a day where my team abandons me (because I play as if my team does not exist to begin with)

However, I have set a standard for myself to be so high, that a day with 60% win rate, or a day without a kraken is considered a "bad day".

I had much more fun playing this game when I was a potato tbh.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
3 hours ago, WM1957 said:

Yes, to counter this I play for fun.

Yes, I do want to improve and I use my stats to monitor my progression. The stat I completely ignore is win rate. WR is not a personal stat, it is a team stat and the teams are in constant cghange.

[R-F]
Members
137 posts
9,320 battles

When I'm playing solo it can happen, there's only so much you can do yourself. In a division I will see more wins but there have been a few days that are exceptions to that. 

[RCNW3]
Members
1,947 posts
20,400 battles

Sigh, been a tough 2020 so far, since January have lost almost a 10th of a % off my overall win % - and with as many games as I have, that is a lot of bad days the last month and 1/2..  

Members
222 posts
9,987 battles

My Randoms WR is around 56% so I'm not uber but not a complete potato but I just can't seem to buy a win lately since getting Moskva. Normally end matches out of radar and heals while locking down a cap while my teammates die around me. Most of my ships are 50-60% WR but after 20 matches in Moskva I only have 40% WR in her. I had 6 losses in a row the other day and just gave up lol. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,667 posts
9 hours ago, WM1957 said:

So much so, that the last two times I logged on were a 3 and out, and a 2 and out.    5 games total, since Thursday, and every one of them sucked.

RNG trolling;  lagging/freezing;  Stupid bot tricks (when the bot team  goes full stoopid);  the usual blink and it's over matches;  you name it, I got it.

Makes me less and less willing to bother, if that's all I'm going to get.

Members
3,659 posts
42,314 battles

Hmmm, a bad day. In this game there were many.

But it's a game. I just play.

I hardly have it bad in any particular mode.

I actually had the most fun when I was knee deep in the CV rework and I was in randoms just getting some.

I amassed a large fortune of just about everything.

Then I spent it all on ship waifus.

Broke again. I might take the CV out to randoms.

But I might also try the subs when they show up.

I am not sure I will be well received in a CV, but I think they prefer that than me being in a DD or a BB.

I don't do well with my squishy cruisers.

But I will think about that a bit as I have more pressing matters.

As for the game in general, I don't know.

Bad days come with MM. You have to work with what you get.

If I am lucky I will end up on a team of potatoes. That way I don't stand out as terrible.

I have used the W key so much, I am on my 3rd keyboard.

I have hit more citadels than Notser has hit islands.

I have dumped so many torps in my Benham alone that if they were all in the water right now, you could walk from St Petersburg, Russia to Galveston, Texas without getting your feet wet.

I don't hold the record for burning Midways down in a DD or hating them,  overextending, Danae wins, fires in general, torpedo hits, trips to Burger King, consumption of Dr Peppers, going in channel on two brothers, or having victories.

But total battles however, I seem to be getting that number up.

My goal for this year is to stand on top alone. Most battles.

So as all of you look up, you all will see my kilt fly up in the breeze.

Gaze with envy as the shadow falls.

LOL 😆

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,933 battles

Everyday is a bad day in WoWS.  I don't know what they "tweaked" that made every battle totally lopsided.  Your either on a team that completely dominates or you're on the dominated team.  There hasn't been any middle ground.