You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Narai pulled ..ok..but NO Ops Available this morning?

21 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,503 posts

Raptor was here last night.  Went looking this morning and it says NO OPS available.    Any info out there about this that I missed?

[PVE]
Members
4,823 posts
21,183 battles

Well now, isn't that special !

Our clan was in Narai last night and actually, for the first time, witnessed the change over of scenarios !!!  A five start finish in Narai and then a pause and Raptor Rescue popped up.... 

Instability in the client, eh?!  More like instability in the player base me thinks is a larger issue.  Of course, we'll see a "fix"......maybe this time, the transports will start ramming the first enemy ship they see.......  Sorry, I have no faith in our host nor anything they say anymore.....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[GOB]
Members
2,503 posts
8 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Please see:

Thanks .. was worried for a minute there.  Will have to find something else to have with my morning Coffee ; )

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

We could wait a few hours to see what's actually going on here...

No, no, let's assume this means all Ops are gone forever.  :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLFG]
Members
11,166 posts
10,394 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

We could wait a few hours to see what's actually going on here...

No, no, let's assume this means all Ops are gone forever.  :Smile_sceptic:

Yeah, this would be like WG knowing the flaming bag on your doorstep is full of dog poop, and stepping on it anyways.

Still, not the best look for WG.

[BUOY]
Members
1,129 posts
15,579 battles

Honestly, all Ops being disabled is probably a more hopeful sign than just Narai since it means WG can't just back burner / ignore Narai forever as they have with Dynamo / Cherry Blossom.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles
4 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

PvE players while Wargaming blatantly strips our modes down to nothing:

Image result for please tread on me

Isn't this the opposite? Fixing a bug causing players of this mode to crash instead of just saying "Oh its just PVE who cares".

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,269 posts
17,606 battles

Given that the playing of operations is causing players to crash out of the client, leaving it as is would be worse for you as players.

Taking it down so we can fix it means that you won't crash.

Please keep an eye on my pinned topic for updates on the situations.

Fem, 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,166 posts
10,394 battles
5 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Isn't this the opposite? Fixing a bug causing players of this mode to crash instead of just saying "Oh its just PVE who cares".

That, and if this is how they are removing OPs, WG don't care how angry we get.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
16,207 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Given that the playing of operations is causing players to crash out of the client, leaving it as is would be worse for you as players.

Taking it down so we can fix it means that you won't crash.

Please keep an eye on my pinned topic for updates on the situations.

Fem, 

This is the first time I've heard of that happening.

Would have been helpful to lead with this little bit of info.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,269 posts
17,606 battles
Just now, Rabbitt81 said:

This is the first I've heard of this.

Would have been helpful to lead with this little bit of info.

It literally says it on the PSA lol.

"With the release of 0.9.1 we have uncovered a technical issue with operations which is causing instability in the client."

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
16,207 battles
Just now, Femennenly said:

It literally says it on the PSA lol.

"With the release of 0.9.1 we have uncovered a technical issue with operations which is causing instability in the client."

Causing instability in the client could mean slower load in times, graphical glitches, disappearing shells, etc.

Not obvious enough that anyone has been saying chill guys, they have to fix this so we quit getting kicked out of matches. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
28,799 posts
25,049 battles
52 minutes ago, Capt_Blood_ said:

Any Clue when they adding back more Scenario's Like the Richelieu  one or Cherry Blossom?

That's not happening.  WG said Operations are on the low set of priorities in the game.  They said that long ago and restated that fact again with a recent Q&A.  Narai is getting fixed, and that's about the extent of attention PVE is getting for a good while.

Members
616 posts
4,388 battles

I was sort of worried about this type of thing happening when they said they were pulling Narai to "fix" it.  If the troubled code was that bad, then I am beginning to understand why they felt it necessary to pull Narai.  Sometimes pulling code out causes unforeseen consequences.  Hope this is something less onerous to correct, and thanks for the update Fem.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,447 posts
5,586 battles

I think what is interesting about this is how lots of the players lack any faith in WG doing right by the player base. Lots of players feel like WG is out to ruin whatever is fun at whatever the cost. I'm not saying we are right in our cynicism, but its sure showing how much we in the past have been wronged by WG in many ways and now expect the worst in almost all cases including this one.

This company has damaged every ounce of good will its had with the players and it shows here.

• Cool 3

[1984]
Members
4,469 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Raptor was here last night.  Went looking this morning and it says NO OPS available.    Any info out there about this that I missed?

#pixelnacht

• Boring 1

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts
31 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I think what is interesting about this is how lots of the players lack any faith in WG doing right by the player base. Lots of players feel like WG is out to ruin whatever is fun at whatever the cost. I'm not saying we are right in our cynicism, but its sure showing how much we in the past have been wronged by WG in many ways and now expect the worst in almost all cases including this one.

This company has damaged every ounce of good will its had with the players and it shows here.

So true. I wonder how much the lost faith translates to lost sales. Judging from the Puerto Rico event probably not too much. Guessing obviously.