Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

On Raptor and Narai

15 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
820 posts

The Narai bug can result to losing a star.

However, the Raptor Rescue bug (like that CV ramming an island on its own accord) often results to losing the entire operation.

So why is Narai being pulled out? It is not totally broken like Raptor.

In fact, it should be Raptor that needs to be pulled out.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

Ironic because Raptor was one of the removed operations and was just brought back a few patches ago. 

These bugs are another gift from the Carrier Rework, still haunting us a year later.

8.0 forced the removal of Cherry, Hermes, Raptor, Dynamo and Frontier.  Raptor only has Carrier based aircraft, which is why it came back.

The other four will be much more difficult for Wargaming to bring back, so they will instead pretend these operations simply never existed. 

I forget what patch corrected the Carrier auto pilot bug, but that was when the AI friendly ships in Narai, Newport, sometimes Aegis, and Raptor became bugged.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

Scenarios have been pulled. There is a message stating they are working to resolve the issue.

While the inexcusable long wait for Cherry Blossom, Operation Dynamo & the others to return since the CV rework went live over a year ago does anger me and gives me no reason other than hope to say this, let's see how long it takes WG to resolve the present issue & return Narai to active status before we loose our cool.

[WORX]
Members
11,916 posts
19,466 battles

Again OP??? *sigh*..

WG stated Nari shall return, then it shall return...

No need to spread misinformation... Or making misleading statements...

[CVA16]
Members
5,864 posts
18,016 battles
4 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Just replace non CV planes with PT boats like from Dynamo

Interesting idea. It might be more of a challenge because you would generally have to use your mains to deal with the E-boats whereas the planes can be gunned down by AA while you mains are shooting ships. Not sure if secondaries on T6-7 ships are good enough to stop them before they launch torps. They are small difficult to hit targets and generally take 2 hits (DD guns) to kill.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,658 posts
8,686 battles
20 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Interesting idea. It might be more of a challenge because you would generally have to use your mains to deal with the E-boats whereas the planes can be gunned down by AA while you mains are shooting ships. Not sure if secondaries on T6-7 ships are good enough to stop them before they launch torps. They are small difficult to hit targets and generally take 2 hits (DD guns) to kill.

Shiny Horse says hi, though. :D

[CVA16]
Members
5,864 posts
18,016 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Shiny Horse says hi, though. :D

Even with a good secondary ship, could you count on killing the E-boat before it launches torps? You aren't going to see them till they are pretty close (better concealment than any DD and unlike bot DDs, they don't have main guns to start firing to give their position away early) so your have to kill them fast. Pretty good chance they won't be around for a second torp salvo though vs your Shiny Horse.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,658 posts
8,686 battles
4 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Even with a good secondary ship, could you count on killing the E-boat before it launches torps? You aren't going to see them till they are pretty close (better concealment than any DD and unlike bot DDs, they don't have main guns to start firing to give their position away early) so your have to kill them fast. Pretty good chance they won't be around for a second torp salvo though vs your Shiny Horse.

I don't know, but I wasn't around when Dynamo was a thing, so I really want to find out!

[CVA16]
Members
5,864 posts
18,016 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I don't know, but I wasn't around when Dynamo was a thing, so I really want to find out!

Unfortunately not high on WG's TO DO list.

Only DDs in that op. It would probably be challenging to actually hit them with BB sized guns. It took 2 (sometimes 3) hits to kill one most of the time. Should kill it in one hit from Shiney IF you could hit it with HE (AP will overpen every time).

There were minefields restricting where you could go and one always suicidal transport that sailed into the mines to prove it was dangerous. Several clans made it their mission to try and keep him from killing himself.

Fun Op

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
2 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You can watch one of the Dynamo replays on my channel to see how easy or hard you think they would be to hit, though I kind of make it look really easy to do. I don't think any secondaries would be reliable enough to take out the Schnells consistently in my opinion. 

Edited by Lightninger

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
On 2/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, Navalpride33 said:

Again OP??? *sigh*..

WG stated Nari shall return, then it shall return...

No need to spread misinformation... Or making misleading statements...

Misinformation? Misleading?

😂

Don't make me laugh again at you. Please.

For you to say I am spreading misinformation or making misleading statements clearly tells me you either don't have ample experience running Raptor and Narai or you are just trying to be a white knight.

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
On 2/13/2020 at 2:59 AM, Everhandy said:

Raptor was pulled a little while ago.

Good that they also pulled that one because Raptor is bugged worse than Narai.

When Raptor breaks formation or worse, rams an island—on its own accord!—the entire mission fails. 

Compare that with the allegedly bugged Transport ships in Narai. They even help in sinking ships like Little Trouble! And I've seen it more than thrice already. Most of all, the mission, even if a star or two is missing, is still a Victory.

[SOUP]
Modder
8,820 posts

I'll be locking this up now...
Narai will return, and WG is aware of the other issues regarding the PvE operations. If you have further concerns please contact me or the staff and we'll address them

• Cool 2