You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
freggo

Narai 'pulled' . . . WHY ??

26 comments in this topic

[A-O]
Members
1,045 posts
10,595 battles

What am I missing here?

If they want to 'fix' Narai, fine, but the current version can be used in the mean time.

So the Transports go on a suicide run here and there. That can be dealt with for the time being.

It's not as if Narai was unplayable or was crashing the server etc.

Fix it, run it on the test server maybe, then replace on live server when finished.

Or could it be that Narai has gotten too popular vs the T6 ops ?  :-)

• Cool 6
  • Boring 3

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
2 hours ago, freggo said:

What am I missing here?

If they want to 'fix' Narai, fine, but the current version can be used in the mean time.

So the Transports go on a suicide run here and there. That can be dealt with for the time being.

Fix it, run it on the test server maybe, then replace on live server when finished.

Let's not start another conspiracy theory.

It is apparent WG has a etched in stone policy of removing ops, then fixing them when they get around to it.

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
28 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Let's not start another conspiracy theory.

It is apparent WG has a etched in stone policy of removing ops, then fixing them when they get around to it.

What conspiracy are you talking about?

The points @freggo made are sensible and does not even suggest the slightest hint of 'conspiracy'.

Now, if WG has a policy etched in stone of removing ops that are broken, why is Raptor Rescue—bugs and all—still around?

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,915 posts
19,462 battles
26 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Anything that is misleading/construed/not based on anything factual other then your negative feelings.

The operation will return in due time... If WG messes up Nari on its return then, they have no one  to blame but themselves...

In the process of messing up Nari, it will prove the satirist among us right right...

Edited by Navalpride33

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
38 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Anything that is misleading/construed/not based on anything factual other then your negative feelings.

Hahahahaha!

I asked for a specific example and you can't provide one.

Unbelievable.

Carry on.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
705 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

anything factual 

Facts are:

1) other very popular scenarios disappeared under th guise of rework and never returned, and

2) WG isnt going to openly admit to yanking a scenario because its giving away too much FXP.

3) lack of a detailed flow chart of work and expected release - Just an opened ended 'were gonna work on it.

Seems his pessimism is justified based on previous results.  

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
11,915 posts
19,462 battles
22 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

1) other very popular scenarios disappeared under th guise of rework and never returned, and

2) WG isnt going to openly admit to yanking a scenario because its giving away too much FXP.

3) lack of a detailed flow chart of work and expected release - Just an opened ended 'were gonna work on it.

Those are not facts, those are suspicions...

1. The other two operations that were pulled are Cherry Blossom and Operation Dynamo.
    • Cherry blossom needed to get pulled because it was bugged... Now,  since human resources have been pulled for other projects.. It will return when they feel like it.
    • Operation Dunkirk/Dynamo was a limited time operation... It did return in 2018. AFTER debuting in 2017. Will it return ??? Maybe for the French evolution period of the game... Jan/Feburary was Pan Asia, Mid Feb to March its the Brits... So it may come back for a limited time. (like the Mc Rib).
  2. And Panda Express in not going to tell you they serve imitation meat as a "Healthy" alternative.
  3. @Femennenly Stated in an earlier thread that it will take about 3 to 4 patches..

Again, being pessimistic is one thing... Being a satirist/propagandist is completely different.

Even the tier 6 Operations were repaired the same way as Nari and they returned in a timely manner...

Now if Nari comeback any different?We in the forums will know and will complain faster then Speedy Gonzalez.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
911 posts
2,737 battles

Let's not white knight too strongly here @Navalpride33.  Yes, it may be that everything WG has said will in fact happen as stated.  However, it is not unreasonable to be very untrusting of WG's public statements when it comes to game elements that seemingly give too much away to players.  I would be more inclined to agree with you if they weren't "pulling" the op from the game.  There is no reason whatsoever that Narai needs to be removed to be "fixed" as any fixes can just be patched in like any other game element.  It stinks of dishonesty and I don't blame people for being cynical given WG's track record of [edited].

Let's see I guess.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
11,915 posts
19,462 battles
14 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

t may be that everything WG has said will in fact happen as stated.  However, it is not unreasonable to be very untrusting of WG's public statements when it comes to game elements that seemingly give too much away to players.  I would be more inclined to agree with you if they weren't "pulling" the op from the game.  There is no reason whatsoever that Narai needs to be removed to be "fixed" as any fixes can just be patched in like any other game element.  It stinks of dishonesty and I don't blame people for being cynical given WG's track record of [edited]

Like I stated earlier, My wife can make a lot of "reasons" for not giving me a kiss before she goes off to work...

Does that mean, she dont love me ??? No (Knowing our past, i maybe wrong in my assumption).

Will she leave me for some one else because I dont get my way ??? Probably not..

All I am saying, in the minds of a company is no different as the minds of our spouses... You think she may be happy but she is actually plotting your disappearance..

Nari is going on Vacation for now, it is what it is.. Remember, company plans/minds change just like our spouses.

For now, Nari will return in 4 Patches... How messed up it will be upon return? Will have to wait and see. I too will get on WG case if that happen...

I am not for WG nor am I against... I am just tired of the culture of false information spread by "feelings" instead of facts.

Edited by Navalpride33

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,303 posts
9,903 battles
2 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

The points @freggo made are sensible and does not even suggest the slightest hint of 'conspiracy'.

Now, if WG has a policy etched in stone of removing ops that are broken, why is Raptor Rescue—bugs and all—still around?

If you haven't remembered or realized, Raptor was much more bugged a little more than a few months back.

It was where the 2nd wave of enemy cruisers spawns, but remain idle with their AA off as well which makes it easy farm for CVs. Also half the ships that spawn in later does not have AA enabled as well.

So Raptor during that time was a much more easier op to complete successfully even for 5 stars due to how utterly bugged it was, yet WG immediately fixed those bugs in the very next patch without even mentioning a word about it all the while not pulling the op itself from the game.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
1 hour ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Facts are:

Seems his pessimism is justified based on previous results.  

God forbid they bring Narai back fixed but with stronger enemy ships, Missouri replaced by Montana for example.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,303 posts
9,903 battles
1 minute ago, Wolcott said:

God forbid they bring Narai back fixed but with stronger enemy ships, Missouri replaced by Montana for example.

That's just more xp to farm honestly 

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
Just now, Vader_Sama said:

That's just more xp to farm honestly 

Only if your team knows what they're doing, otherwise they're toast.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,625 posts
6,371 battles
Just now, Wolcott said:

Only if your team knows what they're doing, otherwise they're toast.

Isn't that how it pretty much goes for other Ops too? Sure, some Ops are more doable with a bunch of strangers, compared to others... but even an easy Op like the Killer Whale can be failed if your team REALLY don't know what they are doing... lol.

As for replacing the enemy bot ships, I say WG should replace everything with something a tier or two higher, replace the red CV with some kind of a BB, and then bring the Op back as a Tier VIII Op... but that's just me, lel. :Smile_hiding:

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
20 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Isn't that how it pretty much goes for other Ops too? Sure, some Ops are more doable with a bunch of strangers, compared to others... but even an easy Op like the Killer Whale can be failed if your team REALLY don't know what they are doing... lol.

Pretty much. But to Wargrinding, divisions farming free xp in Narai is bad for the game. They don't take into consideration that casual teams are the ones that suffer the most if/when these ops are made harder.

23 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

As for replacing the enemy bot ships, I say WG should replace everything with something a tier or two higher, replace the red CV with some kind of a BB, and then bring the Op back as a Tier VIII Op... but that's just me, lel. :Smile_hiding:

Or they could just let us bring T7-8 ships to Narai without making it harder. The game is supposed to be fun after all. One can always wait for hard mode or go back to PvP if they want a challenge.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
18,443 battles

The game economy has to work at a certain level for WG to impress upon people the need to buy premium time or premium ships for them ( both WG and players ) to make money ( credits ).  Operations like Narai, Dynamo and Cherry Blossom are easily exploitable for farming credits/xp/fxp.  The fact that any clan can start a div to play any "open" operation means that they can bypass WG's rotation policy.  Therefore to keep the game economy functioning at the profit level WG prefers, operations are "removed" and only allowed back on a limited basis.

The AI flaws were most likely introduced into Narai on purpose by WG as a pretext to remove it for "repair".  It's just that simple.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,814 posts
3 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

The AI flaws were most likely introduced into Narai on purpose by WG as a pretext to remove it for "repair".  It's just that simple.

I'm glad to see my Arconic stock was a wise investment. 

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

If you haven't remembered or realized, Raptor was much more bugged a little more than a few months back.

It was where the 2nd wave of enemy cruisers spawns, but remain idle with their AA off as well which makes it easy farm for CVs. Also half the ships that spawn in later does not have AA enabled as well.

So Raptor during that time was a much more easier op to complete successfully even for 5 stars due to how utterly bugged it was, yet WG immediately fixed those bugs in the very next patch without even mentioning a word about it all the while not pulling the op itself from the game.

I do remember that, in fact I took advantage of that bug.

You are correct, and it has to be emphasized, Raptor Rescue was 'fixed' and was NOT pulled out from the game.

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

Sub Octavian states PvE is not even being considered right now.

Then Conway states Narai is being pulled for 'maintenance.'

There was a reason for my loud skepticism yesterday.

Once again WG restricts instead of expanding their game.

No matter, I can manage 15k fxp in the the 6 operations, or will you remove those too WG?

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
4 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

The conspiracy theory is last comment in the OP.

Yes, there is an emote but.........................

Members
705 posts
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Those are not facts

Those three points are facts.   However, they are not proof that the scenario will never return. 

Let me try an analogy.  If the starter on your car isnt working, a shop is going to give you some details:  "Your starter needs replaced.  It'll take 3 hours for the parts guy to bring it here, and our shop guy will start on it at 7am tomorrow morning.   It takes about 2 hours and we should have your car ready about 10pm tomorrow."

The complete yanking of the most popular scenario and not giving any details other than "Uh..  we need to work on it.  We'll have it back sometime"  is a prognosis, although not proof, for the scenario to remain in 'developer' heaven.

• Confused 2

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
13 hours ago, freggo said:

What am I missing here?

[SEOP]
Members
1,563 posts
9,956 battles
13 hours ago, freggo said:

What am I missing here?

That's unfortunate.  Narai is -- IMHO -- the best OP currently in rotation.  If any OP needs fixing it's Raptor Revenge (or whatever its called).