Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Sync Drops: A Clan Dominates A Game By Circumventing The Div Rules

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles

As I understand it, a clan forming two (or more) divisions and sync dropping to form a super team is pretty unfair and a clear violation of the MM rules. Am I wrong? 

If not, how do I report this nonsense?

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,053
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,127 posts
11,083 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

As I understand it, a clan forming two (or more) divisions and sync dropping to form a super team is pretty unfair and a clear violation of the MM rules. Am I wrong? 

If not, how do I report this nonsense?

Idk if you can. It's rare that it actually works. Usually they end up in different games or on opposite sides.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
Just now, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Idk if you can. It's rare that it actually works. Usually they end up in different games or on opposite sides.

It's pretty crappy when you waste time (and resources) trying to fight against a 5 or 6 man team in communication with one another outside of Clan Battles. 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,660
[SALVO]
Members
4,542 posts
20,883 battles
7 minutes ago, legozer said:

As I understand it, a clan forming two (or more) divisions and sync dropping to form a super team is pretty unfair and a clear violation of the MM rules. Am I wrong? 

If not, how do I report this nonsense?

 We need a screenshot mr.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,506
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,541 posts
14,842 battles
2 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Idk if you can. It's rare that it actually works. Usually they end up in different games or on opposite sides.

Getting a group together and sync dropping is fun but getting on the same team rare with being on opposite or in different matches being more common and then the trash talk starts.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
986
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
13,080 battles

Open a ticket and provide a replay the old fashioned way.

The real question is, if they end up on opposite teams, do they rig the match? or do they go after each other?

(When my clan ends up on opposite teams, we go after each other something fierce, and generally throw insults at each other in Discord. We don't intentionally sync drop, but it has happened when we were running solo.)

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,506
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,541 posts
14,842 battles
4 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Open a ticket and provide a replay the old fashioned way.

The real question is, if they end up on opposite teams, do they rig the match? or do they go after each other?

(When my clan ends up on opposite teams, we go after each other something fierce, and generally throw insults at each other in Discord. We don't intentionally sync drop, but it has happened when we were running solo.)

Any honest clan will treat the red clan division as they would any other red division.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,765
[KWF]
Members
5,283 posts
6,659 battles

I think you can argue it's a coincidence until they start throwing the battle one way or another. If you see such signs, then you should report.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,800
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,380 posts
22,230 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Open a ticket and provide a replay the old fashioned way.

The real question is, if they end up on opposite teams, do they rig the match? or do they go after each other?

(When my clan ends up on opposite teams, we go after each other something fierce, and generally throw insults at each other in Discord. We don't intentionally sync drop, but it has happened when we were running solo.)

As far as EULA:

Nothing wrong with multiple clan div on same game.

It is AGAINST  EULA to provide enemy team info, not shoot at each other, and to intentionally throw a match.

Proof of those 3 can result in a permanent ban.

.....

Our clan has had 9 on same team....

Most of the time its 2 divs opposite teams...

We get to rag on each other as we target each other...

We never will pass up a free broadside....

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles
19 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Idk if you can. It's rare that it actually works. Usually they end up in different games or on opposite sides.

They usually end up dead too. A failed division being uptiered.

If more hilarious results like that happened, maybe they will stop doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,581
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles
On 2/11/2020 at 11:33 PM, SgtBeltfed said:

The real question is, if they end up on opposite teams, do they rig the match? or do they go after each other?

(When my clan ends up on opposite teams, we go after each other something fierce, and generally throw insults at each other in Discord. We don't intentionally sync drop, but it has happened when we were running solo.)

Yeah my clan will intentionally sync every now and then, and typically we wind up on opposite teams tripping over each other to kill the reds with [C-CA] in their names. The times we DO wind up on the same team... Are honestly about as disorganized as a typical random match, because we tend to throw strategy to the wind and just do whatever we feel would be best after the initial "Okay, where are we going?" Generally a same-team sync for us ends with the last guy alive getting a sudden realization of his status while asking "wait, when did you all die? I never approved of this!" in Discord.

Then again about 50% of the time we don't even wind up in the same game and it's a moot point.

Edit for future peoples: Case in point on this one, just a few days back my clan decided to sync up and were DISAPPOINTED to wind up with both divisions on the same team. To paraphrase what one said, "Dammit all, now I can't blow you guys up!"

Edited by Landsraad
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
14,614 battles
23 minutes ago, legozer said:

As I understand it, a clan forming two (or more) divisions and sync dropping to form a super team is pretty unfair and a clear violation of the MM rules. Am I wrong? 

If not, how do I report this nonsense?

You will have to provide a lot of replays to prove this is a problem. In my 10,000 games I think I have seen this happen twice, but even if I saw it 10 times over 10,000 games, it is still not a problem. 

 

Just report them and move on. But I doubt anything will be done. 
If you see it again, just fight as hard as you can because that is all you can ever really do. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Any honest clan will treat the red clan division as they would any other red division.

Besides, if they throw a match, is that any indication of a great skill or great deception.?

I don't think clans would go out of their way to throw a match.

There is nothing learned. You don't really learn anything if you win that way.

Clans want to be measured by proper worthy opponents. Because in a more serious match, that experience will lead them to victory.

I have yet to see a clan throw anything. If such a clan existed, they have got to be the most deficient in the brain to even do it.

If you beat ten thousand potatoes, and only lose to one unicum, which one is of more value in the next match against another unicum.

Play the best, you become the best.

Just ask Greg Haugen.

He told a reporter that Julio Cesar Chavez got most of his wins against taxi drivers in Tijuana.

In that boxing match, Julio unloaded and beat Greg to a pulp.

I don't think anyone will ever comment on Julio Cesar Chavez's fight record again, let alone step in the ring with him after making such a comment.

OP, they are most likely trash talking each other and it is competition, so they usually don't hold back.

The only time I have seen a match thrown, it is almost every time a lone player not aligned with any clan.

It's rare. 97% of the time, it's a potato moment.

Everybody has bad days.

Most random players now go in co-op to cool it down.

It's better than just logging off.

Momentum usually shifts all the time.

Winning is execution and opportunity.

Good luck 👍<o

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles

Sometimes, sync drops are accidental. Gota remember, most clan members are active at the same times and it's common to see accidental sync drops at t10.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,095
[GWG]
Members
7,304 posts
14,090 battles

What you have to watch out for is CV sync-dropping

Since there is usually only one a game, they'd sync-drop their dud on the other side to provide intel.

Look for a 3 ship with CV div on one side, and a real poorly playing CV on the other side...  Usually apologizing they never played before (At tier 10?  yeah..  right..)

The dud CV would be from a sacrifice alt account.  I have two accounts with CVs up to tier 8.  I've done it in training rooms, but never in Random (rarely play random anyway).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,705
[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
5,221 battles

This guy does it all the time, he even have a sync drop timer on stream

And he is a CC, so id assume that sync drops in randoms is not against the rules

In his case, it is harmless anyhow, they don't do it to manipulate the matches they just do it for fun. Everyone on whatever team they drop on is trying their hardest to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
14,614 battles
2 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

This guy does it all the time, he even have a sync drop timer on stream

And he is a CC, so id assume that sync drops in randoms is not against the rules

In his case, it is harmless anyhow, they don't do it to manipulate the matches they just do it for fun. Everyone on whatever team they drop on is trying their hardest to win.

Fight hard, fight fair and have fun :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,506
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,541 posts
14,842 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

What you have to watch out for is CV sync-dropping

Since there is usually only one a game, they'd sync-drop their dud on the other side to provide intel.

Look for a 3 ship with CV div on one side, and a real poorly playing CV on the other side...  Usually apologizing they never played before (At tier 10?  yeah..  right..)

The dud CV would be from a sacrifice alt account.  I have two accounts with CVs up to tier 8.  I've done it in training rooms, but never in Random (rarely play random anyway).

 

This is still rare.

1 minute ago, DolphinPrincess said:

This guy does it all the time, he even have a sync drop timer on stream

And he is a CC, so id assume that sync drops in randoms is not against the rules

In his case, it is harmless anyhow, they don't do it to manipulate the matches they just do it for fun. Everyone on whatever team they drop on is trying their hardest to win.

No they are not, they thing that is against the rules is using the divisions to cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,248
[HEROS]
Members
2,056 posts
18,699 battles

It is not against the rules.

Mechanic of sync dropping..

It works best if you don't try to do a mass drop of formed divisions.  You will end up on opposing sides more then 9 times out of 10.

One person does the count down who is NOT a division boss. That way voice comms lag doesn't mess it up.

 

 

If clan battles weren't such a stupid ego pumped pile of crap to play where you have "clan leaders" that play favorites etc you might not see this very often at all.

(if your stats don't meet a specific criterion you don't get to play...  yea, the whole point of joining a clan IS TO PLAY.  some real clueless... people.... out there.. one of them is the clan boss of a former clan I was in.. I haven't talked to him in over 2  years and pleased to have not done so.  His "must have a winning team" mindset destroyed his clan... I hope he's happy)

 

Yea this punches a button with me too but from the opposite side..

Who are you to tell me or anyone else what they can or cannot do to have fun?  Oh they're cheating.. ohh they're going to throw the match.. ohh they're telling the teams secrets..  I Might point out the the folks sync dropping ARE THERE TO PLAY.. they're not going to AFK on you.. they're not going to throw the matach.. they are there to win  even against their buds on the other team every single time.

So.   Take your paranoia else where and please take it off these forums.  NOW  would be good.

Yea this sort of anti fun mind set irritates me no end in its lack of critical awareness of the people the poster is interacting with.  Whadda load of hog wash.

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles

If you are a streamer, the last thing you want is to get steamrolled one game after another.

You are basically playing a game and supposed to look cool doing it.

If that streamer gets thumped to the tune of 8-10 games in a row, then should the they keep broadcasting? Should the audience stick around after 20 matches with just a handful of wins?

Even in a division, there's no guarantee of victory save for getting a two division sync drop.

That is a way to increase the likelihood of victory and look great on TV.

Yep, smile for the cameras. It's a show. Yes, it's a tool by means to improve the odds.

And that ambiguity, does make people and players wonder.

Should all players have sync drop?

Right now, there is a small number that use it.

But if every single player uses it, then what effect does that have with MM?

What effect does it have for WG?

I have played some other games in the past and when only a few use it, the gaming company let it slide.

But I remember when some genius got everyone to use it and that game's version of MM went crazy long, and even the game economy improved for every player.

In fact, it improved so well, most average players stopped buying stuff in that game's shop. And the upper echelon players already stopped ages ago and only got a few things.

That game was in a pickle mind you and on one fine Tues, they put the software on their ban list.

It ended that game's sudden prosperity and many players were upset understandably.

The one thing that kept them playing became too easy to get and use because somebody made it available to all.

The game was wrecked, the game makers were rewriting the Eula. And no player was allowed to use the program again.

All it takes is one. And it will ruin it for the rest.

So, sync drop, love it, hate it, but if it is only used by a few, okay.

But if it hits WG in the purse, then watch out.

IDK. I don't use it.

It's anybody's choice.

I am just posting this cautionary tale.

Because you still have to play the games even if you got a good drop.

And super duper clans might epic potato on that one drop and you just might lose your mind how that happened.

Nothing is truly a guarantee in a match and any smart player knows that.

Overconfidence can really get you in a lot of trouble.

Put it this way. If by some chance you face a red team that has the Titans in attendance and by some stroke of luck your team beat them, then you beat a worthy opponent that had all the advantages, all the skill, and sync drop.

Yet that team blew it.

I can not think of a more demoralizing blow to deal an enemy than an upset victory.

Play your heart out. Leave it all on the field of battle.

Win or lose, everybody will respect you for it.

Good luck 👍<o

 

 

 

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
913 posts
2,737 battles

Nothing at all wrong with sync-dropping.  As others haver said, more often than not you end up on opposing teams or not in the same game at all and when you are in the same team almost everyone tries damn hard to take out the red clan mates!

I think we are really talking about cheating in game right, and yes that needs to be reported but sync-dropping itself?  Nope it's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,160
[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

Nothing wrong with sync dropping unless it’s being done with the intention of rigging a match (which is a violation). Most of the time it’s accidental, and for both my clan and most others I’ve run into, when it’s intentional it’s not in an attempt to rig a match, it’s in an attempt to just play with them.

When my clan does it (normally no more than four to six people in a few divisions the times I’ve been involved), most of the time we’re not even in the same game. If we get into the same match on the same team, great, and we’ll probably coordinate but only to the extent of making sure we don’t all pile onto one side of the map or leave our base completely exposed while the enemy caps it (and of course compete to see who does better). If we’re on opposite teams? Well, I personally don’t go out of my way to shoot them over a higher priority target, but I do have more fun shooting them than I would just a random player (and if there are two equal priority targets and one’s a clan mate, I just may send my salvos his way first). Plus it’s sometimes fun having to coordinate with your div without giving stuff away to the other one, and it’s a lot of fun to taunt them in the process. And POP does have a trophy room in our discord for a reason...

 

If you see something you think actually is a EULA or rule violation, create a ticket and send it to support. Sync dropping to rig matches, yes. Just sync dropping in general, not so much, even if they do manage to get on the same team. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

If clan battles weren't such a stupid ego pumped pile of crap to play where you have "clan leaders" that play favorites etc you might not see this very often at all.

(if your stats don't meet a specific criterion you don't get to play...  yea, the whole point of joining a clan IS TO PLAY.  some real clueless... people.... out there.. one of them is the clan boss of a former clan I was in.. I haven't talked to him in over 2  years and pleased to have not done so.  His "must have a winning team" mindset destroyed his clan... I hope he's happy)

The whole point of clan battles is to progress your clan through the leagues and get wins to earn steel and a good rating for your clan. If you're not able to pull your weight, then you're a hindrance to your clan in CBs. It sucks to get benched, but instead of being bitter towards the officers making the calls, improve your play so you make the cut next time.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
3 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

It is not against the rules.

Mechanic of sync dropping..

It works best if you don't try to do a mass drop of formed divisions.  You will end up on opposing sides more then 9 times out of 10.

One person does the count down who is NOT a division boss. That way voice comms lag doesn't mess it up.

 

 

If clan battles weren't such a stupid ego pumped pile of crap to play where you have "clan leaders" that play favorites etc you might not see this very often at all.

(if your stats don't meet a specific criterion you don't get to play...  yea, the whole point of joining a clan IS TO PLAY.  some real clueless... people.... out there.. one of them is the clan boss of a former clan I was in.. I haven't talked to him in over 2  years and pleased to have not done so.  His "must have a winning team" mindset destroyed his clan... I hope he's happy)

 

Yea this punches a button with me too but from the opposite side..

Who are you to tell me or anyone else what they can or cannot do to have fun?  Oh they're cheating.. ohh they're going to throw the match.. ohh they're telling the teams secrets..  I Might point out the the folks sync dropping ARE THERE TO PLAY.. they're not going to AFK on you.. they're not going to throw the matach.. they are there to win  even against their buds on the other team every single time.

So.   Take your paranoia else where and please take it off these forums.  NOW  would be good.

Yea this sort of anti fun mind set irritates me no end in its lack of critical awareness of the people the poster is interacting with.  Whadda load of hog wash.

 

What punches a button w/most OPs is having somebody rant at them about something completely different than what the OP was about.

TL/DR (assuming you may not have read this just like you obviously didn't read the OP):

Reading is OP..."Now would be good".

Clarifier: OP was about clan mates ending up on the same team while you are ranting about clan mates ending up on different teams...many others have derailed the thread in that direction but even the OP's title clarified what he was talking about.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×