You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
McHales_Navy_

Tier XI - XIII Ships

14 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
458 battles

After Tier X (late 40's - early 50's), deck guns became obselete, and missles were introduced. This is probably why WOWS hasn't created tier XI and up yet, but there is still a way that they could make tier XI. First, tracking missles would track to a spot aimed at by the captain (historically accurate tracking missles would take a lot of the strategy and skill out of the game). Also, this would have to be done after submarines were finalized (this point in history was when submarines started to dominate naval warfare). Lastly, tier XI battleships would not be created, because battleships also became obselete at this time.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles

A completely different game and it would be dominated by defenses, AA at first then anti-missiles, finally followed by the computer controlled point defense guns. The entire game would consist of unmasking your defensive weapons hoping they will stop the missile(s)

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles

But we had XI Halloween/April's Fool ships

WoWS is mainly focused on WWI/WWII ships; the tiers you're proposing would be a different game entirely.

Edited by destawaits

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles

They're saving the missiles for future expansions to the Soviet Navy, not T11-12.

• Funny 2

[SIM]
Members
1,668 posts
On 2/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, McHales_Navy_ said:

After Tier X (late 40's - early 50's), deck guns became obselete, and missles were introduced. This is probably why WOWS hasn't created tier XI and up yet, but there is still a way that they could make tier XI. First, tracking missles would track to a spot aimed at by the captain (historically accurate tracking missles would take a lot of the strategy and skill out of the game). Also, this would have to be done after submarines were finalized (this point in history was when submarines started to dominate naval warfare). Lastly, tier XI battleships would not be created, because battleships also became obselete at this time.

Leave the high tech out of the current WOW. Save for a spin off of the current game.

[SPTR]
Members
27,219 posts
17,190 battles

Look there is alot of CV plane and HE spam atm, do you really want a combination of the 2 now?

[LOIN]
Supertester
844 posts
On 2/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, destawaits said:

But we had XI Halloween/April's Fool ships

WoWS is mainly focused on WWI/WWII ships; the tiers you're proposing would be a different game entirely.

What are you saying I won't be getting my Imperial class Star destroyer or my Sovereign class Assualt cruiser!?:Smile_ohmy:

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles
1 hour ago, Starfleet1701 said:

What are you saying I won't be getting my Imperial class Star destroyer or my Sovereign class Assualt cruiser!?:Smile_ohmy:

It's interesting how "star destroyer" caused everyone to think that destroyers are supposed to be these big, hulking ships

[CVA16]
Members
5,875 posts
18,085 battles
On 2/11/2020 at 6:22 PM, destawaits said:

But aren't subs already breaching this barrier with homing torps?

Unfortunately, in WOWS, "Never" does not mean what the players think it means. Neither does "Soon".

means what you think.jpg

means what you think it means.jpg

Edited by Sabot_100

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles
17 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

But aren't subs already breaching this barrier with homing torps?

Unfortunately, in WOWS, "Never" does not mean what the players think it means. Neither does "Soon".

means what you think.jpg

means what you think it means.jpg

Oh shoot you're right

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
On 2/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, AJTP89 said:

They're saving the missiles for future expansions to the Soviet Navy, not T11-12.

Yeah just wait for RU subs lol.

• Cool 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
844 posts
22 hours ago, destawaits said:

It's interesting how "star destroyer" caused everyone to think that destroyers are supposed to be these big, hulking ships

I know right. Very few sci-fi universes, these days, get the terminology correct. Atleast Halo does, to an extent. Then there's others that just simply creates a whole new random ship, like BSG's Colonial Battlestars.