Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_bleJN7gXeLqd

Most optimal 7-ship Clan Division for Clan Battles

9 comments in this topic

Members
324 posts

While playing clan battles it can be a bit boring when you see only Kremlins, Stalingrads, and Smolenks, but sometimes you get to see interesting division lineups from other clans.  

One clan that my clan, The Brothers Grimm Armada, encountered was a clan that had NO destroyers and had only 6 cruisers :CA:and 1 battleship :BB:.  There was another clan, QCN (shoutout to Clan QCN if you are reading this post!), that my clan fought that had FIVE Klebers (picture below).  That was a very excited match that I most thoroughly enjoyed playing!  It was a close fought match. And my team managed to win.  

Also, there was another clan battle that me and my clan BGA fought last summer that had ALL destroyers :DD:: 1 Z-23 to provide hydro, and 6 Akizukis.  My clan and I lost....but that was a hilarious fight! :cap_look:

Anyway...now that the preamble is done, let me get to the central point of this post:  What do you think is the most optimal clan battle division?  And have there been any "unorthodox" division lineups that you clan used that actually worked?

Comment below! :Smile_glasses:

2020-02-09.png

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

We ran into a 5 Des Moines team...that was all sorts of bleh for us lol.  2 Moskva, 2 Stalingrad team was a pain in the butt also.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,108 posts
11,024 battles

I will suggest two possibilities. One is strong boats. The other is a teamwork special idea. 

Strong boats: Kremlin, Stalingrad x2, Smolensk, Kleber x2, Daring

Teamwork: Kürfurst, Minotaur (Legendary upgrade) x2, Worcester x2, Smolensk, Kleber

I know that second one sounds ridiculous, but there is a plan there that when executed can be evil. It requires thinking outside the box.

[5D]
Members
1,115 posts
14,437 battles

Here a things that many of you forget, the comp is not that important, having good player is more important 

[BOMBL]
Members
1,203 posts
15,196 battles

I think it was 007 we ran into and they cleaned us out. We aren't terrible, but I'm not sure we left a scratch on their paint.

We were on the Mountain whatever. They had a Kremlin, 3 Stalis, Moscova, DM and a shima. Shima spotted in the middle, and I'm not sure which cruiser capped the A/B side we never saw it. It was weird. We saw the Krem pushing up to C, and were like what the heck is going on. Their Stalis and other radar cruiser had spread out around C. They started cycling radars and literally swept us out of C or out right killed us there. It was a thing of beauty. We never had a prayer. Great team work, and great us of the ships they brought. The dd kept most of us spotted, and they kept those Russian bows into us so they could absorb damage and those big guns could delete us which they did. In all the CB I have fought I have never gotten waxed like that. Respect for 007.

To answer OPs question team work wins the day. t10 ships are all good especially if you use them to their strengths.

[PVE]
Members
7,243 posts
23,105 battles
42 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Here a things that many of you forget, the comp is not that important, having good player is more important 

That's obvious but obviously not the point of the OP...he's obviously referring to a lineup that is ideal for competing against even skilled clans as opposed to the obvious inevitable steamroll of being paired against an OP clan.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,631 posts
10,670 battles

As mentioned it, it depends on the strength of your players in a any given ship.  However, a strong player in a strong ship in the right situation will outplay a weaker ship in the same situation.  Kremlins seem to be the ship that allows teams to push and tank.  If you want to sit back and snipe, then Yamato.  Most teams want the ability to move the BB around, so the Kremlin is the favourite.  You need a few ships with radar so you can cycle it to keep a cap lit up.  A combination of heavy cruisers for firepower and damage tanking with a light cruiser or 2 chucked in for rapid fire response is always good.  That is where the Stalingrad and Moskva come in to play.  They have good hit points and can hit hard, and have long range radar.  Des Moines is a good combination of both but without the health pool and a lower distance on the radar.  The smolensk is great because it can stay at distance and respond to anything that tries to hide and change targets in a hurry.  The bonus is the the Smolensk carries its own cone of silence in the event it does get spotted, where the others such as the Worchester do not.  If you have a good DD player, it helps to keep the enemy spotted, and they can respond to changing conditions in a hurry.  Most good players use gunboat DDs in case they encounter other DDs, and they can finish off any other low health ship if needed.  The Daring seems to be a good fit here.  The Kleber was good before the nerf, but I'm not so sure now.

We encountered a clan with 4 Klebers and a Somers, plus a single Moskva, and a Bourgogne.  We dispatched the  Moskva and Bourgogne, but the Klebers were like gnats buzzing around.  They were very difficult to hit.  We ended up winning by quite a margin, but it was an interesting match.

We have run only a single DD quite a bit, and also started using a BB and cruisers combo quite a bit.  As long as you have radar and hydro available most of the time, the DDs don't seem to be a major concern.  We aren't the best clan to model after though, so take it with a grain of salt.  We have hung tight with some good clans, but also got our butts handed to us by some of the top clans as well.  All I know is that the extra hit points and firepower of the heavy cruisers is nice for pushing the caps.  If you have enough of them it is like having an extra BB on the team.

Kremlin, Stalingrad x2, Moskva, Des Moines, Smolensk, Daring

or:  Kremlin, Stalingrad x2, Moskva, Des Moines x2, Smolensk .  Radar the heck out of things as you push and use the Smolensk as a long range hose to dig ships out from behind islands they think they are safe behind.

[GGWP]
Members
370 posts
11,167 battles

Well, EGIRL was so dominant last season with 4 Kleber, Shima, Stalin, Stalin, Kremlin that they were both #1 and #2 on NA (they formed another clan mid season and got it to #2). This season they are doing about the same (although mixing in a more traditional comp as well). So, I'd say that's definitely the best composition if you can play it right. The margin of error is slim though.

Sign in to follow this