You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

So who has OCD issues like me and is already prepping for the RU Cruiser line split?

51 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles

I know it is MONTHS away but no time like the present while I had nothing else to do and before some event or other new ship line drops which will take up my time. To prep for the eventual upcoming line split I have...

• Repurchased Kirov. NOT a fan of the ship but may as well have it on hand to get it as a Premium and then the new T5 replacing it free (so says WG "now" anyway...)
  • Repurchased Shchors as that is the ship the line will split off (starts with T8's).
  • Ground 120K+ today to have on it ready for when the new line is available as that is approx what a T8 Cruiser goes for. 
  • Already own Moskva so nothing to do with it.
  • Started grinding XP on Donskoi "JUST IN CASE". WG has not told us yet how the Moskva compensation will be handled. We know we get it as the Coal Premium if we have it but no word yet on if we get the new T10 free, get the resources for it (ie: FXP/credits), or if we have to grind the new T10 replacing it again from scratch? So just to be safe I am going to put a bunch of XP on Donskoi.

Not bad for one day's play (only had 1400+ XP on it to start the day)...

NYhRbi9.jpg

So how are the rest of you approaching it? Don't care, wait and see, OCD madman like me, or what...? 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CK5]
Members
1,496 posts
15,882 battles

I only repurchased the Kirov and that will probably be the extent of my preparation for the line split.  So I guess I am not as OCD as you, but you have fun any way you like. 

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So how are the rest of you approaching it? Don't care, wait and see, OCD madman like me, or what...? 

Much the same:

Repurchased Kirov, Shchors and Donskoi.  Started working Shchors (not nearly as much as you).  Moskva still in port.

Saving coal for Kuznetsov...kept Dasha trained to Donskoi, retrained another for Shchors.

Would have been more, but prepping for Brit CA release tomorrow and resetting US BB line for Ohio plus "real life".

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,849 posts
17,422 battles

Your not done yet?!?!

LOL j/k

Meh, I am sort of a handicap to what ever team I'm on if I play a cruiser. So not really stressing it. The Italian cruisers double event currency was spent on flags and free premium time. The British cruiser event WoW seen what a lot of people had done with the Italian events and removed the flags and free premium options for tokens. Instead, offered random bundles and ships. I noticed it is patterned after last years Twilight event for the free perma camo. My guess this may be the formula used moving forward.

(If a event is used in the RU cruiser split)

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles
7 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Your not done yet?!?!

LOL j/k

Meh, I am sort of a handicap to what ever team I'm on if I play a cruiser. So not really stressing it. The Italian cruisers double event currency was spent on flags and free premium time. The British cruiser event WoW seen what a lot of people had done with the Italian events and removed the flags and free premium options for tokens. Instead, offered random bundles and ships. I noticed it is patterned after last years Twilight event for the free perma camo. My guess this may be the formula used moving forward.

(If a event is used in the RU cruiser split)

I know I am slacking off. Only ground T7-T8 in a day in Co-op. Should have at least got 1/2 of the XP needed on Donskoi too. :Smile_child:

[TBW]
Members
10,737 posts
18,457 battles

I'm just glad that I didn't reset the line for the re-do bureau and I have them all, so I don't have to satisfy my OCD. I pre-satisfied.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,969 posts

I already had Moskva researched, and bought it Sunday so I'd have the LM/UU mission chain unlocked before it goes away forever. 

The Kirov, I can wait on until the split is far closer to happening -- I won't actually play it, in general I dislike the "Soviet" cruiser tech tree ships.  The split might bring something to those ships that will make them more enjoyable, such as one that's supposed to be a rebuilt Hipper-class cruiser. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,627 posts
6,371 battles

It's never too early to be prepared for anything, Admiral. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

As for me, I'm not interested in the new Russian cruisers. So I'll just be lazy... like I always do, lel. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

Members
1,197 posts

Play when I can , grab as much xp as possible. Got up to donsk. Hope to grab moskova when I get more XP ...may drop some fxp on it as well. But who knows

Edited by Versili

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,162 posts
15,419 battles
51 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I only repurchased the Kirov and that will probably be the extent of my preparation for the line split.  So I guess I am not as OCD as you, but you have fun any way you like. 

Yup did the same... not OCD at all, but just in case I forget later...who knows what could be going on in my life in a few months.  :)

[RLGN]
Members
15,163 posts
26,800 battles

Have Kirov, Budyonny...

Trying to decide if I give enough of a damn to secure the Moskva and other T10s with Credits/fxp to get the regular LU missions before server reset and 0.9.1 in the morning.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,671 posts

Don't especially care.   I finished Shchors, but didn't buy the next in line (needed the credits for other things).   I may give it a go, just for the eff of it-but under no circumstances will I spend any fxp on progress or do any power grinding.   If I get a free Moskva, cool!  If not, oh well.   I'm already getting the Kirov replacement for free.

RU cruisers were never my favorite line- I like CA's more, and for CL's, I like the Americans.    Now, if WG were to split the French cruisers, and give us more CL's like Bayard...  THEN I'd be excited!

There are just TOO many recent lines I'm grinding, and one not-so-recent (German DD's) to get all wound up about yet another one.

I will say that after reading the announcement about the upcoming cruiser and IFHE changes,  I'm thanking my lucky stars I just couldn't pull the trigger on Colbert.  I have the RP, and in fact ground them specifically FOR that ship.   But...  I just couldn't do it- not for another glass HE spammer.    THEN this announcement comes- which may very well gut the thing.   Very much needed, as the pewpewpewpewpewpewpew HE spam meta has gotten way out of control, but still sux for those ships affected most.    At least with my 6" armed CL's, I can switch to AP, and beat things up that way- Cleve, Seattle, and Wooster are utterly nasty with AP in the right hands/situation, lol.

With the DD caliber guns,  you may as well be pounding on Oscar the Grouch's trash can with a stick.  The general effect is the same: very little damage- but you really irritate them, and now have their undivided attention.   With improved armor, and nerfed IFHE, that's what it'll be...

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,415 posts
15,851 battles

I don't sell ships anymore, looking forward to the new line. 

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

I very rarely if ever sell ships starting at t5, so I have both Kirov and Moskva still in port. I’ve got 200 something k xp sitting on Shchors from running it a lot in Narai so that’s more than ready for the split. Don’t have much on Donskoi after finishing the grind to Moskva so I’ll need to grind that once we know what the compensation is going to be for Moskva. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,306 posts
9,915 battles

I have 5 million free xp on hand so meh I'll just use my fat lazy fingers to click some buttons and give my fingers some rest so it can grab hold on the burger.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,320 posts
17,497 battles

Nah I have plenty of time and I do not need the new ships on day one.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,203 posts
15,222 battles

I keep ships I like and all t8s and above for the steel flakes. I loved the Kirov. Cool it will be a premium and I can move a 19pt capt in and out of it.

I started on Friday with the Schors and Dimitri Don. Just playing a game a day in them. I'm up to 50k on each. No real rush. Got 3 patches to go. Dimitri is building a new 19 pt capt for the new t10. Not sure what my plan is with the "heavy" line as far as capt. I could use my Moscva capt but it has DE, and the HE on that line sucks. I could use my dedicated Stali capt with BoS over DE and FP over RDF, but it's cross trained on Kremlin. I have two capt for Krem. one for randoms and one for clans that doubles on Stali. I rarely play Krem in CB and I don't know how useful BoS and FP will be on a regular heavy cruiser vs a super cruiser.

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles
1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

I don't sell ships anymore, looking forward to the new line. 

Love the avatar. That guy in Flash Gordon was a riot.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,878 posts
26,925 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

I have 5 million free xp on hand so meh I'll just use my fat lazy fingers to click some buttons and give my fingers some rest so it can grab hold on the burger.

I usually do that or buy some crates with whatever is in them that helps in that case but decided this time to actually grind it.

I went ...

EvChptW.jpg

and actually made like 80K FXP vs spending many hundreds of thousands. :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,950 posts
47,566 battles

I bought back the Shchors over the weekend.  Plan is to do the dailies on her.  Chappy is 112k to unlock so I plan on building up around 115k - 120k on the Shchors.  So I will probably have to do some light grinding, other than the dailies.

I already have the Moskva.

I will wait to re-buy the Kirov until we get close to the split release, in case things change or there is a ship discount/sale.

I have the Donkey but I don't plan on grinding her.  This may change when we get further info or once I'm done building up my desired xp on the Shchors.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,308 posts
16,251 battles
On 2/11/2020 at 6:13 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I know I am slacking off. Only ground T7-T8 in a day in Co-op.

:Smile_teethhappy:

I had just obtained the Shchors B hull when this was announced. Hadn't researched the fire-control system yet.

Ground up to Chapayev over the weekend. With this patch being British CA's and the next TWO pretty much guaranteed to be Euro DD's (pre-release and post-release), I calculated that 6000 XP a day over 12 weeks will get me to the Moskva if I ignore the fire-control upgrades. The bottleneck is far more likely to be credits, but I can sell off seldom-used T5 ships if I absolutely have to; it will be worth it in the long term.

If I fail, or if it happens sooner than expected (e.g. only one patch for Euro destroyers), I am prepared to spend the FXP to jump the rest of the way if I have to. It's just under half a million from where I am, and a Tier 10 "special" cruiser is easily worth blowing that much, even if she's not a 12-inch super-heavy.

And I don't care whether or not they automatically give us the Alexander Nevskiy in her place. I consider this a three-patch ship-limited half-million XP and 30M credit grind to get a T10 "premium", which is a steal even if she is currently tech-tree.

The Shchors captain is staying in the Shchors, for the grind through the split line (no haste there; I'll do it when I'm ready), and I moved the 10 point captain that I got with my Molotov in the T6 Anniversary Event crate into the Chappy. 

If nothing gets in the way and I can amass enough credits, I'll buy the Donskoi and shift him into that, then see about the Moskva. If there are issues, I will skip the Donskoi.

Knowing how much the Hayate is going to cost (> 1M FXP) makes me want to grind as much of that XP as possible, to minimise the FXP spend.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,805 posts
21,154 battles
On 2/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I know it is MONTHS away but no time like the present while I had nothing else to do and before some event or other new ship line drops which will take up my time. To prep for the eventual upcoming line split I have...

• Repurchased Kirov. NOT a fan of the ship but may as well have it on hand to get it as a Premium and then the new T5 replacing it free (so says WG "now" anyway...)
  • Repurchased Shchors as that is the ship the line will split off (starts with T8's).
  • Ground 120K+ today to have on it ready for when the new line is available as that is approx what a T8 Cruiser goes for. 
  • Already own Moskva so nothing to do with it.
  • Started grinding XP on Donskoi "JUST IN CASE". WG has not told us yet how the Moskva compensation will be handled. We know we get it as the Coal Premium if we have it but no word yet on if we get the new T10 free, get the resources for it (ie: FXP/credits), or if we have to grind the new T10 replacing it again from scratch? So just to be safe I am going to put a bunch of XP on Donskoi.

Not bad for one day's play (only had 1400+ XP on it to start the day)...

NYhRbi9.jpg

I was OCD for this game but have cut way, way back.  I hope the clan decides to stay......if they don't, well I'll be playing maybe once or twice a week.  We'll see.

To answer your question, I purchased (FXP/Credits) up to the Shchors and will purchase through the Moskva later this week (or, a week before I must.  Gosh, I've a bizillion credits and FXP.)

Like you, I have been playing the Shchors in rotation to build up it's base value.  And, once I purchase the Donskoi, I'll be playing that in the daily rotation as well....

Something to look forward to !