You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

Its games like this that make me drink

32 comments in this topic

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,134 battles
12 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Kill secure master we got over here lol

Dam right, a Yamato with 1 hp, is still just as dangerous as one with full hp. 

• Cool 2

[TIGRB]
Members
235 posts
2,640 battles

It's the teams,,When will people realize you can score 200,000 hp and kraken each game,,if the TEAM is bad, You will lose most of the time. "I" just does not cut it.

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
32 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Its not the weekend

You must be new here - it’s always the weekend in high tiers, just the amount of weekend changes from day to day :p

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

some kill securing but also two dev strikes.  Two dev strikes ought to be enough to win a game if the rest of the team isn't composed entirely of knuckledraggers.  Sympathies to OP.

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,134 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

some kill securing but also two dev strikes.  Two dev strikes ought to be enough to win a game if the rest of the team isn't composed entirely of knuckledraggers.  Sympathies to OP.

Thanks 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,377 posts
9,655 battles
10 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

some kill securing but also two dev strikes.  Two dev strikes ought to be enough to win a game if the rest of the team isn't composed entirely of knuckledraggers. 

Unless the other team also isn't knuckledraggers.

Besides, in the time it takes a Shima to get 2 dev strikes, it's not that hard to kill 2 ships without dev strikes.

Even if neither team sucks, somebody still loses.

That's not to say the OP's team didn't suck, we don't know either way.

What would make me want to drink (WoWS wise anyway lol) is having a game like that, and still losing, with a team that didn't suck.

If your team sucks, you'll know pretty quick, and should already be resigned to losing, regardless of how well you do.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Skpstr

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles
21 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Dam right, a Yamato with 1 hp, is still just as dangerous as one with full hp. 

MORE dangerous in fact because of AR

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts
1 minute ago, RacerDemon said:

Ugh.. I cant catch a break 

shot-20.02.11_12.47.27-0363.jpg

Stop going for their CV..................:Smile_hiding:

Streaks happen, both good and bad, during the week and weekend. Sucks when the losing streak happens yet it will be over..........eventually.

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,134 battles
4 minutes ago, Bguk said:

Stop going for their CV..................:Smile_hiding:

Streaks happen, both good and bad, during the week and weekend. Sucks when the losing streak happens yet it will be over..........eventually.

Lol, I dont cv snipe, waste of time, but I know people do 

[BOTO]
Members
1,419 posts
17,041 battles
29 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

MORE dangerous in fact because of AR

I long ago started assuming an opponent is running AR after having to learn the hard way too many times.

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles
12 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I long ago started assuming an opponent is running AR after having to learn the hard way too many times.

It's basically a must have on every single ship in the game.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,377 posts
9,655 battles
7 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Not to argue, but is it really?

I mean, I'm starting to consider putting it on BBs, where I can drive around for a large part of the match at 50% or less HP, and gain 2-3 seconds on the reload, but is it really worth it with say, a sub-10 second base reload, when you're only 1 decent salvo away from sinking?

I understand that it's a straight up DPM increase, but that's diluted if you're not constantly firing. (repositioning or trying to stay hidden) 

Edited by Skpstr

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

I mean, I'm starting to consider putting it on BBs, where I can drive around for a large part of the match at 50% or less HP, and gain 2-3 seconds on the reload, but is it really worth it with say, a sub-10 second reload?

I understand that it's a straight up DPM increase, but that's diluted if you're not constantly firing. (repositioning or trying to stay hidden) 

I think the advantage is worth it. Going against another ship that doesn't have it could mean the difference between life and death. As a two-point skill the cost is low considering the benefits.

[WORX]
Members
11,991 posts
19,508 battles

O P,

Instead of kill securing... Why not play the objectives for your class and try to maintain the BB adv. for your fleet.

You'll probably win more games then just "Securing kills."

Edited by Navalpride33

[BOTO]
Members
1,419 posts
17,041 battles
12 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I've been meaning to check all my captain builds, but I know I pretty much run it on everything that I have.  Glad you brought it up though because I do think I have some ships I don't use it on.

[BOTO]
Members
1,419 posts
17,041 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I mean, I'm starting to consider putting it on BBs, where I can drive around for a large part of the match at 50% or less HP, and gain 2-3 seconds on the reload, but is it really worth it with say, a sub-10 second base reload, when you're only 1 decent salvo away from sinking?

Personally unless I have something way more important to spend the points on I use it on almost all my captains.  Two points is cheap to spend on such a good force multiplier. 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,377 posts
9,655 battles
10 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Personally unless I have something way more important to spend the points on I use it on almost all my captains.  Two points is cheap to spend on such a good force multiplier. 

I'm going to have to re-examine some of my builds I think.

My problem is with the 2 points. Currently, (on BBs anyway) I go 1-2-3-4-4-4-1, which means that AR competes with EM.

I've found that FP doesn't do much for me personally, and have been swapping it out for MFCS on BBs with decent secondaries. AFT is kind of "meh" since the rework. (unless paired with MFCS, I really enjoy Nagato with that combo)

So I'm thinking that on BBs with useless secondaries, I could get by on just CE, and distribute the 8 points saved in the lower tiers, getting a wider variety of skills, and I wouldn't have to decide on the one "best" 2 or 3 point skill.

Hmmmmm......

Edited by Skpstr

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles
24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I find myself constantly firing in pretty much everything, so ANYTHING that's a dpm buff for only 2 points is massive, especially with how big a difference it starts to make as you get lower

[WOLFG]
Members
31,377 posts
9,655 battles
Just now, Kebobstuzov said:

I find myself constantly firing in pretty much everything, so ANYTHING that's a dpm buff for only 2 points is massive, especially with how big a difference it starts to make as you get lower

That's a good point. Now that I think about it, there's very few ships where I'm not constantly firing. I even went range over reload on Hindy and Donskoi, because that extra range makes it more likely I always have something to shoot at. 

Methinks I'll be a busy boy next free respec lol.

A side question in that regard: the free respec you get for playing a clan battle, is that for all your captains, or just the ones that partiicipated? 

Members
265 posts
3,546 battles
2 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

It's not so much how often you fire that's the problem, it's how fast you die. The longer you can last with low health, the more AR does for you. If you got dev struck, it doesn't do a whole lot. Not that dev strikes are the norm, but it illustrates the point. 

I like AR, but I don't prioritize it over EM on ships that I find have slower turret traverse than I would like (which so far is pretty much every ship not called Dunkerque and isn't an old armored cruiser.).

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,852 posts
17,461 battles
13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

just the ones that partiicipated

:Smile_great:

Due to my work schedule I wasn't able to get a single CB in till the weekend before it ended. Then forgot about it as it expired two days later.

[BOTO]
Members
1,419 posts
17,041 battles
33 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'm going to have to re-examine some of my builds I think.

My problem is with the 2 points. Currently, (on BBs anyway) I go 1-2-3-4-4-4-1, which means that AR competes with EM.

I've found that FP doesn't do much for me personally, and have been swapping it out for MFCS on BBs with decent secondaries. AFT is kind of "meh" since the rework. (unless paired with MFCS, I really enjoy Nagato with that combo)

So I'm thinking that on BBs with useless secondaries, I could get by on just CE, and distribute the 8 points saved in the lower tiers, getting a wider variety of skills, and I wouldn't have to decide on the one "best" 2 or 3 point skill.

Hmmmmm......

I pretty much never play BBs, but I run it on the vast majority of my cruisers and destroyers.  It comes in handy on a daily basis, especially since I can't break the habit of taking damage unnecessarily early in the match on a regular basis lol.