You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Is this a thing?

10 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,511 posts

Yeah Narai has AI issues.  We all know they need to be fixed.. this isn't that thread.

I can deal with the broken AI and still win BUT I have noticed especially bad play.. so bad I'm not thinking it is INTENTIONAL!

Just left a round..in BB this time. Saw right off the start that we had 3 Schors , not sure I have ever seen so many at one time but I know people are grinding.  ALL THREE YOLO'd

My entire team was down to two ships by the time we made it to the bay.  These three were NOT Noobs.  One went and got his Shark Shrimps then yolo, the other went for the CV and yolo's ( he failed but got hits I do remember his having a PERFECT angle to launch torps at the MO but he didn't do it as he was racing for the CV. ) I was too busy being focused by 5 ships in the Bay to see what happened to the other one.

I ended up alone with 275K Damage because I was the sole focus of the bots.

Ops pays MUCH more than COOP even with a loss..MUCH MUCH more with a win.  I think some of what we have been seeing from SEASONED players is more organized farming / Grinding than poor play.

Simple to do..take a ship in YOLO repeat. Bigger payoff than COOP and if you have plenty of T7 ships you can do it non stop all day long. They only have to park for 30 mins.

If this is a thing and it is being abused then we could see changes to the payouts for OPS.  I couldn't blame WG if they did.    Just like the BOTTERS etc.  

Anyone knows I am no WG defender but I do know how tough it is to control bots , cheats and exploits in a FPS .

For the usual posters lemme help you so you don't have to type just hit a number.

1) I have been here 300 years and I have never seen ________________ so it cannot happen.

2) You have less that 14K games so you don't know anything.

3) Insert any drive by insult here

4) I ran out of ZZZ Faces so I will use #4

5) I need to run up my post count so I will post spreadsheet data designed to make you think you are seeing things.

Col Out

• Confused 1
  • Boring 7

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,284 battles

Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Haven't done the math myself but if losing operations is one of the most efficient way to grind whatever currency people are after I have no doubt that people will do it.

That ranked sprint 1v1 season was a good currency grind.  You had well-above average players playing hundreds of battles with a ~5% win rate to grind in it.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,410 posts
16,285 battles
30 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Ops pays MUCH more than COOP even with a loss..

My experience is otherwise. I can bang out two okay games in co-op in less time than it takes to earn the same XP in a failed operation.

People are told Narai is easy farming, but they forget the rider to this: "... if you keep your s**t together and address the mission goals at all competently".

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,338 posts
26,831 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:
55 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Ops pays MUCH more than COOP even with a loss.. 

My experience is otherwise. I can bang out two okay games in co-op in less time than it takes to earn the same XP in a failed operation.

People are told Narai is easy farming, but they forget the rider to this: "... if you keep your s**t together and address the mission goals at all competently".

^^This.  :cap_horn:

You can't just yolo in operations and watch the XP rain down.  You need to complete objectives:  The more missions accomplished, the better the pay-out. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
35 minutes ago, Lert said:

Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

This ^

[SSBN]
Members
165 posts
6,498 battles

Since the rework when they took Dynamo away and made our Simms' become port queens with the CV rework, I completely forgot Operations were even a thing. 

Also, #2 isn't applicable since you're a dirty hidden stats player <-Clearly sarcasm, leave me alone mods :Smile_Default:

Members
996 posts
11,306 battles
6 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

One went and got his Shark Shrimps then yolo, the other went for the CV and yolo's ( he failed but got hits I do remember his having a PERFECT angle to launch torps at the MO but he didn't do it as he was racing for the CV. ) I was too busy being focused by 5 ships in the Bay to see what happened to the other one.

Don't forget that Shchors has only 4km torp range, so if he was racing for the CV he was probably not going to be able to torp Little Trouble.