You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GODOFGOLD808

More Predreadnoughts!!!

18 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts

I was looking forward to seeing predreadnought battleships but ended up disappointed when the wargaming corporation never added it. They had no regard for people who love historical references. Please add the Potemkin and other predreadnoughts to the premium shop, stop withholding the model and add it already.

1280px-Knyaz'Potemkin-Tavricheskiy1905Co

• Cool 5

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,345 posts
22,132 battles

Mikasa is fun.....

Once ships are in your secondaries range...

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

While I'm inclined to think the same, pre-dreadnoughts (or any ships from the 1890-1910 range) would likely need a whole multi-tiered sub-branch tech tree to make them viable and profitable for WG to justify adding them to the game.

Considering a T2 premium ship sells for less than $10 apiece, there would need to be a re-shuffling at the lower tiers to be able to sell them at viable multi-tiered prices.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
782 posts
12,847 battles
15 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Why?

Really, why do you want more pre dreadnaughts? They will be utter crap to play, have you played Mikasa?

It's a computer game, they don't have to be crap.  Maybe pair them with Japanese speaking cartoon chics with hooters and the idea will take off...

[TBW]
Members
10,717 posts
18,415 battles
15 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

cartoon chics with hooters

Ever popular with Sailors.

image.thumb.png.a43306fcec784c653bf17a7248587c17.png

image.thumb.png.3b7bdae95502e83bcbb58dbe621ff049.png

image.png.ee208f657186c9492c158a202580064d.png

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
1 hour ago, GODOFGOLD808 said:

I was looking forward to seeing predreadnought battleships but ended up disappointed when the wargaming corporation never added it. They had no regard for people who love historical references. Please add the Potemkin and other predreadnoughts to the premium shop, stop withholding the model and add it already.

There hasn't been a new low tier premium ship since 2018. Wargrinding is only interested in WW2/postwar content. They're still salty about Tsushima anyway.

59 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Really, why do you want more pre dreadnaughts? They will be utter crap to play, have you played Mikasa?

Mikasa wouldn't be utter crap if Wargrinding had not neglected her in the first place.

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Why?

Which is why WG needs to simply create a World of Pre Dreadnoughts game as there are many ships and possibilities that can be done with such a concept.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,441 posts
14,816 battles

Why?

I would like to see four sub tiers that have no connection to the regular tiers for the pre-Dreadnought era, roughly the late 1880's through roughly 1905. I think it would be quite popular.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
1 hour ago, Viper069 said:

It's a computer game, they don't have to be crap.  Maybe pair them with Japanese speaking cartoon chics with hooters and the idea will take off...

No, they do have to be crap because balance. They can only exist at t2 due to the structure of this game and would have to be balanced with Mikasa and the other t2. They simply don't exist in this game.

57 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

There hasn't been a new low tier premium ship since 2018. Wargrinding is only interested in WW2/postwar content. They're still salty about Tsushima anyway.

Mikasa wouldn't be utter crap if Wargrinding had not neglected her in the first place.

How has Mikasa been neglected? 

36 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Which is why WG needs to simply create a World of Pre Dreadnoughts game as there are many ships and possibilities that can be done with such a concept.

Advanced issues found

4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I would like to see four sub tiers that have no connection to the regular tiers for the pre-Dreadnought era, roughly the late 1880's through roughly 1905. I think it would be quite popular.

sub tiers don't seem viable imo, and I doubt there is enough demand for pre dreadnoughts for a whole game. 

But I could see pre-dreadnoughts maybe being viable for an in-game event along the lines of space boats and such.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,441 posts
14,816 battles
10 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

sub tiers don't seem viable imo, and I doubt there is enough demand for pre dreadnoughts for a whole game. 

But I could see pre-dreadnoughts maybe being viable for an in-game event along the lines of space boats and such.

The reason for sub tiers is there were only a few pre-Dreadnoughts that could stand in the line with Dreadnoughts and they were all German. I think there are enough of us that would be interested that it could fly.

A pre-Dreadnought event would be awesome but it would require a lot of work where the other events, space, apocalypse, etc have simply used re-skinned ships that are already in the game some times with minor tweaking to weapons.

Edited by BrushWolf

Members
104 posts
7,345 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

While I'm inclined to think the same, pre-dreadnoughts (or any ships from the 1890-1910 range) would likely need a whole multi-tiered sub-branch tech tree to make them viable and profitable for WG to justify adding them to the game.

Considering a T2 premium ship sells for less than $10 apiece, there would need to be a re-shuffling at the lower tiers to be able to sell them at viable multi-tiered prices.

They might sell for less, but the lower price is more affordable to the general customer and more likely to get a sale than an overpriced T8 monster. The problem is that WG has completely fumbled on supporting low tiers.

Affiche_WG.jpg&key=f63d1582faeb61244591b

Speaking of which, can someone testify to the authenticy of this picture? Because if this is indeed official, that means they already have a Borodino model lying around that they are not using.

2 hours ago, Wolcott said:

The Potemkin wasn't at Tsushima though AFAIK.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

How has Mikasa been neglected? 

27 minutes ago, Ortheki said:

The Potemkin wasn't at Tsushima though AFAIK.

Still, the ship is from the tsarist era, something Wargrinding either hates or prefers to forget. As for Borodino, you can forget about it, for they've replaced it with this.

4jj8znqs32y31.png

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
15 hours ago, Ortheki said:

They might sell for less, but the lower price is more affordable to the general customer and more likely to get a sale than an overpriced T8 monster.

You have to realize the hours that go just into modelling these ships.  A T2 battleship likely will take a similar amount of time to model as a T8 battleship, and that doesn't even include testing or balancing.  So of course there is more merit to pushing higher tier premiums (whether we like it or not), as they have better return on investment for WG.

Members
104 posts
7,345 battles
15 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Still, the ship is from the tsarist era, something Wargrinding either hates or prefers to forget. As for Borodino, you can forget about it, for they've replaced it with this.

4jj8znqs32y31.png

Yes I am aware of that ship. Still doesn't account for the Borodino from the other picture.

36 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You have to realize the hours that go just into modelling these ships.  A T2 battleship likely will take a similar amount of time to model as a T8 battleship, and that doesn't even include testing or balancing.  So of course there is more merit to pushing higher tier premiums (whether we like it or not), as they have better return on investment for WG.

Like I said before, cheaper ships tend to sell more, so a higher tier ship is not necessarily a better investment. It's just banking on whales. This would not be a problem if the devs actually built up lower tiers instead of neglecting them.

Plus, that's not entirely true. Larger ships take longer to model than smaller ones simply because they have more details.

Edited by Ortheki
  • Cool 1

Members
2 posts
On 2/11/2020 at 12:21 PM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Why?

They have historical value and if they are fixed for gameplay, they might still serve a purpose, plus, I tried the Mikasa and I got more victories than defeats.

Members
14 posts
742 battles
On 2/11/2020 at 9:21 AM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Why?

Sounds you only think people who play this game are tier 8-10s. 

a lil tier 2-3 for the new players might not be bad. Especially to bring new blood into the game. 

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
12 minutes ago, WangTrain said:

Sounds you only think people who play this game are tier 8-10s. 

a lil tier 2-3 for the new players might not be bad. Especially to bring new blood into the game. 

My most played tiers are 6 and 7. I much prefer mid-tier games. 

• Cool 1