Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Divisions in Random

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

349
[-ICE-]
Members
466 posts

Yesterday a thread was posted but deleted which I think nailed whats going on with the random battles and my issue of not being able to get a win for my/green team. It makes sense that people are creating divisions with big groups of people that all communicate with headsets on a outside program and are sway games.  Thats why last week I noted some players play like superstars when on red and dont even try or act afk causeing my/green team to lose.  I cant think of another reason it took me all day and all night to get 4 wins out of id say 40 battles.  I play hard as i could, i use what the game gives me to use along with 1 or 2 premium ships {so i did spend real money), i worked hard to get commander points to pick what the game gives, no headsets and groups of people swaying things so im not cheating at all.  My ships blow up with one hit lot of the time but they shoot fast so thats the trade off. I have to protect my ship as best I could and it makes me mad sometimes but I also get to fire like Crzy with some of my ships, but the damage they inflick is what 2200 (peanuts) when I use HE compaired to other ships or if im in a BB the damage the HE cause 1/2 the damage of throwing metal so why do people get so upset.  Getting back to the divisions they are clan and group based so let them be in clan battles or clan based battles dont allow then in random, random is random.. nobody should know or be able to group who they play with because there is a huge probability they are up to no good.  idk for sure but it makes sense.. all I know is 4 wins out of 40 or so yesterday is not even close to what it should be for a fair player at t5 - t7 games that are supposed to be fun something more is going on.     Im guessing "they" will delete this post    Just a tought so dont freak out

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,852
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles

Well okay then, I want the last 60 seconds of my life back.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,021
[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
20 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Well okay then, I want the last 60 seconds of my life back.

You know how WG feels about refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,371
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,189 posts
5,616 battles

I mean it sounds like you are missing key parts of the game. If you ask specific questions we can help. You should not be consistently getting removed in one salvo, and you should not be confused by your damage numbers. 

 

Regarding divisions, they really do not have that much sway. Typically like plays with like, so that enemy division is 60% WRs, or 45. Even if you faced an enemy of the 3 best players, they arent going to be the ones to sway the game 36 times out of 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,784
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,348 posts
22,147 battles

Maybe your clan should div up and talk to each other so you can find the REAL reason players do this....

To have fun with friends....

After all it is a game ment to be fun....

.....

As far as spending money entitlements.....

1500 bucks in 2019.....

No insta win button yet....

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[NPG]
Members
165 posts
3,263 battles

Ok I've looked up some information on you and with what I can decipher from your post I'll see if I can help you or give you a starting point. First thing I am noticing is you seem to be doing fine up to tier 5 and even there you are close to 50%. Now beyond that you start to drop off. 5 is where you have your most battles and while this can be a fun area you aren't fully developing the skills for higher tier gameplay. 6 is where you will start developing these skills as there will be times you have to face 8s. As you go higher you will see a change in tactics because ships become more accurate. Now as far as seeming like you get one shotted, I've noticed you are a cruiser and DD player mostly. In these ships positioning is crucial so map awareness is a skill you will need to develop. Otherwise it is quite easy to place yourself in a bad situation that your armor and hit pool can not sustain. As far as the damage you put out knowing armor will help tremendously. Even in a CL knowing when to shoot a super structure and knowing when to shoot the bow of a BB so you can do 3k dmg per shot will help in increasing your dmg output. Last thing is I noticed you have a lot of premiums. Not all premiums are the same. Spend some time going over Little White Mouse's reviews to learn the strengths and weaknesses of them. Hope this helps with a starting point to improve your gameplay and bring you more enjoyment from the game.

Edited by Vengeance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,136
[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
36 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Yesterday a thread was posted but deleted which I think nailed whats going on with the random battles and my issue of not being able to get a win for my/green team. It makes sense that people are creating divisions with big groups of people that all communicate with headsets on a outside program and are sway games.  Thats why last week I noted some players play like superstars when on red and dont even try or act afk causeing my/green team to lose.  I cant think of another reason it took me all day and all night to get 4 wins out of id say 40 battles.  I play hard as i could, i use what the game gives me to use along with 1 or 2 premium ships {so i did spend real money), i worked hard to get commander points to pick what the game gives, no headsets and groups of people swaying things so im not cheating at all.  My ships blow up with one hit lot of the time but they shoot fast so thats the trade off. I have to protect my ship as best I could and it makes me mad sometimes but I also get to fire like Crzy with some of my ships, but the damage they inflick is what 2200 (peanuts) when I use HE compaired to other ships or if im in a BB the damage the HE cause 1/2 the damage of throwing metal so why do people get so upset.  Getting back to the divisions they are clan and group based so let them be in clan battles or clan based battles dont allow then in random, random is random.. nobody should know or be able to group who they play with because there is a huge probability they are up to no good.  idk for sure but it makes sense.. all I know is 4 wins out of 40 or so yesterday is not even close to what it should be for a fair player at t5 - t7 games that are supposed to be fun something more is going on.     Im guessing "they" will delete this post    Just a tought so dont freak out

Random battles are random, not fair or balanced.

Divisions are limited to 3 players so the "big groups" do not exist. I cannot recall a time when I seen 2 divisions of the same clan on the same side in a random battle.

I believe your problem lies elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[-ICE-]
Members
466 posts

Now the ones who do it are showing their cards.     What are you guys talking about.. its all the same people playing every tier.  So ur saying i need to have a book ready to look up where i need to shoot a purple ship ect ect  hahaha        Mod's feel free to delete this thread     There is no "I" in team  

BTW  i bought 1 money ship ONE.. the rest were either coal (2) or given to me by wow which most are sold anyway.   

 

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,021
[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
48 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

shoot a purple ship

?

red, green, white, yellow, pink.

Never seen purple. 

Is that how they show up with premium matchmaking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
174 posts
566 battles
1 hour ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Yesterday a thread was posted but deleted which I think nailed whats going on with the random battles and my issue of not being able to get a win for my/green team. It makes sense that people are creating divisions with big groups of people that all communicate with headsets on a outside program and are sway games.  Thats why last week I noted some players play like superstars when on red and dont even try or act afk causeing my/green team to lose.  I cant think of another reason it took me all day and all night to get 4 wins out of id say 40 battles.  I play hard as i could, i use what the game gives me to use along with 1 or 2 premium ships {so i did spend real money), i worked hard to get commander points to pick what the game gives, no headsets and groups of people swaying things so im not cheating at all.  My ships blow up with one hit lot of the time but they shoot fast so thats the trade off. I have to protect my ship as best I could and it makes me mad sometimes but I also get to fire like Crzy with some of my ships, but the damage they inflick is what 2200 (peanuts) when I use HE compaired to other ships or if im in a BB the damage the HE cause 1/2 the damage of throwing metal so why do people get so upset.  Getting back to the divisions they are clan and group based so let them be in clan battles or clan based battles dont allow then in random, random is random.. nobody should know or be able to group who they play with because there is a huge probability they are up to no good.  idk for sure but it makes sense.. all I know is 4 wins out of 40 or so yesterday is not even close to what it should be for a fair player at t5 - t7 games that are supposed to be fun something more is going on.     Im guessing "they" will delete this post    Just a tought so dont freak out

 

BD9C6434-307C-41B5-87A7-AC00525FFA2B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,375
[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

I get that forming a division of good players is not "fair" to the other team. 

On the other hand, solo play can suck.  Really suck.  A good player might have a solo 55% win rate.  That means he can get his team an extra win compared to an average person just one time in twenty.  A 60% solo win rate is outstanding, something few players can achieve - but even that guy is only getting an extra win one in every ten battles.  It gets tiring to have that little influence over the outcome of any given match.  I don't blame anyone who wants to grab a couple friends and really take control of a battle.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,555
[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
18,443 battles

Solo play is awful right now, and probably until WG shuts down the servers because they have milked all the money from the game that is possible.  What can you do but play a different game?  Nothing.

I went 1 win and 9 losses this morning trying to play tier 10 US DD's "properly" -  I could have focused on farming damage by playing 5 km behind the caps and torping/gunning what others were spotting - and I guess based on my results that's exactly what I should have.  If I would have divisioned with competent players from my clan it would have been at a minimum 50/50.  Yet the question is this:  is that the only way to enjoy this game and to win?  I don't enjoy losing streaks like this ( who does ?) so the answer is to only play with available clan mates in the evening if I want to win - that's kind of sad though - and the reason I believe that while this game may go on for many more years ( look at world of tanks ), i wont be a part of its future beyond the length of my premium time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
890
[REVY]
Members
2,558 posts
13,777 battles
1 hour ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Wall of Text

People in Divs can also communicate In-game via headsets, not to mention the Div-chat.

Communicating using a third party software (ex Discord) isn't anything against the TOS or rules and has become fairly commonplace now in online multiplayer games.

 

58 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

 So ur saying i need to have a book ready to look up where i need to shoot a purple ship ect ect 

Regarding the damage hits you take and what you give in return. Yes, aiming does matter in this game.

Some ships, such as the IJN BBs are longer range sniping ships, others such as the German BBs are more close in ships. There is a sweet spot for each ship that takes a bit of getting used to for max shell impact. I'm not going to say every shell will find your target, but you will have a better result.

Also yes, depending on how your target is sailing can also affect your damage output. Bow on and angled, you are better off firing HE then AP. If your target is showing more of its broadside, AP is the way to go. In most instances, to get citadels (max damage), you are aiming for the area between the turrets in the lower hull, just about the water line. But some ships do not have a citadel that you can hit except in unusual instances. There are some ships that, because of what you  are sailing, no matter how you hit them, your shots will overpen, which means you should probably use HE.

To avoid getting citadeled yourself, you need to learn at what angle your ship needs to be to bounce shells, or to minimize the damage. Sometimes its learning you've pushed yourself to far up. Placement in a battle is also important. Most of this is learned from experience. Some experienced players have made 'how-to' videos. Some have written here in the forum.

LittleWhiteMouse gives very well written reviews of the Premium ships for people to view before they decide to purchase them. She very kindly provides a balanced view of the ships, giving their pros and cons, including their weaknesses. Reading about these ships can help you figure out how to counter them.

 

The best teacher is experience. Some players in this game have been around long enough to know where to aim, or how their ships handles, or where their ship can best help their team in a map. That just comes with playing the game and learning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,006
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,341 posts
13,466 battles
2 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Well okay then, I want the last 60 seconds of my life back.

I don't know. Reading post like this is like peeking through a pin hole to see how some people can explain away their own repressibility in events they participated. How they are singled out to be unfairly treated while given a equal footing to start with.

I actually find it fascinating.

Edited by chewonit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,006
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,341 posts
13,466 battles

As for div being an advantage, I've had more divs on my team that were utterly incompetent than helpful. I run MMM and most of the time the divs are like 3 40% Tirpitz(es?) and often the first to die. Or worse, last to die with full HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,449
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,452 posts
14,821 battles

Any honest clan treats the clan division on the other team the same as any other red division, they play to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,732
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,838 posts
17,387 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Any honest clan treats the clan division on the other team the same as any other red division, they play to win.

:Smile_great:

 

 

Our group hasn't done it in awhile but, we used to sync launch T4. It was a blast! We all used the same channel on discord trash talking each other. My weapon of choice was the Clemson. 

This was after 8.0 but before lower tiers turned to CV gladiator battle royals. I'd go today but T3-T4 everyone avoids for the three CV's per side. End up three CV's vs one or two other class of ships.

I've noted T8's take longer to fill a match up as of late as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,462 posts
10,247 battles

I don't see a problem with this as long as they're not ship stacking the exact same ship in a division. Ideally, WG would just now allow divisions to stack the same ships at all but it is what it is. It will never be perfect but there are things that could be done about divisions as they are handled now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,449
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,452 posts
14,821 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

:Smile_great:

 

 

Our group hasn't done it in awhile but, we used to sync launch T4. It was a blast! We all used the same channel on discord trash talking each other. My weapon of choice was the Clemson. 

This was after 8.0 but before lower tiers turned to CV gladiator battle royals. I'd go today but T3-T4 everyone avoids for the three CV's per side. End up three CV's vs one or two other class of ships.

I've noted T8's take longer to fill a match up as of late as well.

Mass sync drops on a common voice channel are awesome fun and we haven't done one for awhile either.

13 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

I don't see a problem with this as long as they're not ship stacking the exact same ship in a division. Ideally, WG would just now allow divisions to stack the same ships at all but it is what it is. It will never be perfect but there are things that could be done about divisions as they are handled now.

What is the problem with people taking compatible ships? Three St Louis' are a hoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×