You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Free module demounts for the first week of patch 0.9.1

29 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,348 posts
16,251 battles

...because so many are being changed, removed, added and what-have-you.  Link: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-091-british-cruisers-part2/ 

image.thumb.png.58d0e7b416b6b14b5a0e2f113b8f9acb.png

Nice to see WG doing what's right and necessary. If you'd been planning on swapping some of them around regardless, now is your chance. Time for me to look at those ships I'm probably only ever going to play for snowflakes and do some major swapping over.

• Cool 4

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Good.

Will be able to remove and sell off the useless TPS that's being forced in place of TASM1 on a couple of my ships.

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles

Thank you for the heads up! As I will certainly be wanting to swap out modules on some of my ships for some of the new modules and was assuming I would simply have to sell certain modules. But this will be a nice little credit savings for me as some of my modules can instead be used on other ships which in the long run is a credit savings. :cap_like:

(Pretty sure I have spent 200+ million credits since August of 2019, and while I have gotten many ships, modules and other items. I do need to try and tight the old credit belt and try to get back to s nice healthy 150 million credits banked as a reserve fund as you never know when one might need to operate solely off of reserve credits for a while.)

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,815 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...because so many are being changed, removed, added and what-have-you.  Link: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-091-british-cruisers-part2/ 

image.thumb.png.58d0e7b416b6b14b5a0e2f113b8f9acb.png

Nice to see WG doing what's right and necessary. If you'd been planning on swapping some of them around regardless, now is your chance. Time for me to look at those ships I'm probably only ever going to play for snowflakes and do some major swapping over.

You might want to include the upgrade changes and note the actual dates … 

1 week is a very short time considering what's happening and only gives players until very early Wed 19th (effectively Tuesday)

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles

Can't wait to see if and how much I profit from my dabbling in upgrade speculation lol.

The free swapping will be nice though. Not sure if I want to use range or reload upgrade on Donskoi, and I'm out of free dubs.

Edited by Skpstr

[ARGSY]
Members
22,348 posts
16,251 battles
16 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

You might want to include the upgrade changes and note the actual dates … 

The link has all the details. I'm here to provide information and links to further information, not to spoon-feed people.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,321 posts
17,497 battles

I will probably need every day of that week lol.

[CK5]
Members
1,496 posts
15,890 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

I will probably need every day of that week lol.

I was thinking the very same thing.  I have a lot of ships as do many other players, which means a lot of time will be needed to review them all. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,815 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The link has all the details. I'm here to provide information and links to further information, not to spoon-feed people.

Simply linking articles is insufficient, those who are going to read it will probably read it anyways … 

A "PSA" is for those who likely won't take the time to read the article but need to know about a topic 

If you want to farm for likes - that's fine, but this isn't just linking a code and saying "yayyyy" :)

The free demounts are required because of the changes and it should actually be for a lot longer - you don't explain the need for it at all 

Try to do your readers a service - it's not about being first to post a story, it's about complete information and accuracy 

You didn't even take the time to include the actual time and dates = laziness on your part

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,345 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

Simply linking articles is insufficient, those who are going to read it will probably read it anyways … 

A "PSA" is for those who likely won't take the time to read the article but need to know about a topic 

If you want to farm for likes - that's fine, but this isn't just linking a code and saying "yayyyy" :)

The free demounts are required because of the changes and it should actually be for a lot longer - you don't explain the need for it at all 

Try to do your readers a service - it's not about being first to post a story, it's about complete information and accuracy 

You didn't even take the time to include the actual time and dates = laziness on your part

Or.. instead of ragging on someone who is actually doing something for the community you could have spent that time finding the info you wanted and posting it here?

Crazy.. right?

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Most of the time, I'm irked by EC's seeming disdain towards the general playerbase.

In this case, posting the link seems like more than enough.   It even says right in the graphic in the OP that it's being done because upgrades are being changed.   The reasons why this is happening are also all over the forums right now, so anyone seeing this thread is seeing those threads too.   Given the current context... I'm not sure I'd have all that much sympathy for someone so un-curious that they read this and didn't do any further reading to find out more. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,815 battles
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Or.. instead of ragging on someone who is actually doing something for the community you could have spent that time finding the info you wanted and posting it here?

Crazy.. right?

No, this guy is constantly providing incomplete and misleading information … 

My advice is actually constructive … 

He needs to be a little more like Kiz and provide complete information at least, even if there is a bias 

• Boring 2

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,345 battles

You resorting to stat shaming says a lot about who you are as a person.  One of those "Life's to short to bother with" types.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,815 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

You resorting to stat shaming says a lot about who you are as a person.  One of those "Life's to short to bother with" types.

Hey, if you want to be a CC or a blogger … shouldn't you at least be credible and provide information?

Yeah, you're right - that's a lot to ask :)

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
24 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

It's a little irritating that now I'll have to go inspect all of my ships and see which ones have been negatively impacted by the updates. Some were good changes, some... less so.

TPS is going to be the big violator.  Straight downgrade from the thing it's forced-replacing. 

[5D8]
Members
177 posts
19,582 battles

i'll be honest im mostly a pew pew pew player, so hopefully someone puts out a guide as to what ships should be changed to what. i'm not very good at that (or really any) aspect of the game. i'm willing to learn tho. i just need it to stick.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm actually most irritated about AA Guns Mod 1.

Is that the one losing the added flak bursts? 

[DVYJC]
Members
3,664 posts
8,746 battles
15 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Is that the one losing the added flak bursts? 

Yeah, and in its place you get "20% reduction in prep time for priority AA sector," which is straight-up worse to the point of uselessness, IMHO.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

C'mon, spoon feed us.

AND make the airplane noise while doing so!

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
6 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Yeah, and in its place you get "20% reduction in prep time for priority AA sector," which is straight-up worse to the point of uselessness, IMHO.

TBH, I can see some usefulness to it, I'd often like things a little quicker, to give me more time with increased DPS, as planes (esp. rockets and TBs) switch sides.

If I have crap for flak, I'd rather have quicker priority turnaround than a bit less crap for flak. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,155 posts
10,380 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

C'mon, spoon feed us.

AND make the airplane noise while doing so!

Dammit, you owe me a coke.

• Funny 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

TPS is going to be the big violator.  Straight downgrade from the thing it's forced-replacing. 

Depends how you play, and why you use TASM1. If it's only for the torp spotting, then TPS is an upgrade.

If you use TASM1 for the increased proxy spotting, then it's a downgrade.

It would be an upgrade for me, because I'm rarely in situations where the extra proxy spotting would make a difference.

Of course, I don't see much value in either, compared to what I get out of more concealment/increased enemy dispersion, or faster rudder shift.